By Midnight Martian
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Moonlight Mahjong is Mahjong Solitaire in virtual reality 3D, designed specifically for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Intuitive touch control allows you to tilt and turn, zoom in and out to match tiles in 3D. Play “arcade style” with progressively difficult levels and high scores, or relax with one of the non-competitive game modes. The gameplay is simple yet addictive.
Moonlight Mahjong features four main types of play:
• Scramble Mode: Match tiles faster than the automated opponent "Tilebot" through increasingly difficult levels. The board is automatically reshuffled when you run out of matches, making this game mode easy to start and fun, yet challenging on the higher levels.
• Challenge Mode: Compete against Tilebot in full puzzle mode, with no automatic reshuffling, only undo. Challenge requires more strategy than Scramble. This is the ‘pure’ form of the game, but it is difficult!
• Puzzle Mode: Solve puzzle boards with no time limit. Choose any layouts you like. This is the original game mode, what people usually think of as Mahjong Solitaire.
• Relaxation Mode: Clear boards with no time limit and automatic reshuffling when out of matches. Perfect for when you're just not in the mood to strategize or rush.
Feel free to download the free Lite version with ads, or purchase the paid version without ads. They are the same game; the paid version has a few additional features.
Moonlight Mahjong is the original 3D Mahjong Solitaire on iOS, having debuted with the launch of the App Store in 2008. It has been honored as a "Best Board Game" on the App Store, and was in the original Best 100 Apps and Games on iLounge.com.
For layout updates and news, "like" Moonlight Mahjong on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MoonlightMahjong
What's New in Version 3.1.1
• Fixed a bug where layout statistics did not appear in the Layouts view on iPad.
• Removed the "Multiplayer over Bluetooth" options in the Game Mode menu. Please use the "Game Center Multiplayer" options instead; they do the same thing except better, and Game Center now has an option to connect to nearby players.
Earlier in Version 3.1:
• Updated to support full resolution on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
• Updated for iOS 8. iOS 7 or later is required for this update.
• Important fix for a bug where the level may not advance when the app is launched on iOS 8.
• Losing in Scramble or Challenge mode now sends you back only three levels instead of five.
• 58 new built-in layouts submitted by Moonlight Mahjong users. See the earlier release notes for the complete list.
I love it! It is always challenging. I tried to play in the "relaxation mode", but it was boring. In the "challenge mode" it is a time limited to finish, which I love. I have a long way to go, because the more points you win, the more access you get to play more puzzles. The game will not let you in those modes, unless you earn them. It is getting to be an addiction. The HD is unreal, you can twist and turn, zoom in and zoom out.
A beautiful game that is fun to play. The tiles are easy to read, the graphics are excellent. The puzzles are challenging without being frustrating. So far the game has not crashed or had any glitches. I feel I definitely got a great value for my money.
Also, some of the related apps are worth checking out.
What can I say?
Super addictive! Awesome designers that actually care enough to fix a glitch when contacted. No suggestions from this user. It's perfect. (However, help would be appreciated on helping me not play it as much as I do. ...Oh. That's up to me, you say? O. K. I'll work on it.) 5 stars on the game!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 01, 2014
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 47.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Howard
- © 2008 Michael R. Howard
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.