By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It's the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
"Things sets itself apart in flexibility and ease.” - O'Reilly, Best iPhone Apps
"Things definitely tops our list of GTD applications for the iPhone." - Cory Bohon, Mac|Life — 5 stars
“If Things sounds simple, that's because it is. Other to-do list managers I've tried have, quite honestly, gotten in the way of me getting things done. Things doesn't do that. And I wouldn't have it any other way.” - Macworld — 4 stars
• Macworld UK Award "Best iPhone Business & Utility App" - Winner
• Mac|Life Editors’ Choice Award - Winner
• Featured by Apple as Editor's Choice in more than 25 countries
• Featured by Apple in "New Year, New You"
• Featured by Apple in "Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People"
• Featured by Apple in "@work - Apps for Business"
When you start using Things, you'll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things' beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn't come at the expense of power – everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won't miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what's coming up Next, and what's Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can't work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Macs, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad (apps sold separately). And best of all, Things Cloud is free.
Visit our web site for more information about Things for iPhone and iPod touch.
What's New in Version 2.2.5
• Improved stability and bug fixes.
Things vs Omnifocus
As one might expect, both apps are superb. However, after using both programs fairly extensively, my vote goes to Things. I use GTD for the most part as my framework for handling projects and actions. I find Things to be more intuitive. One example is reviewing your list of action items for "today". Things handles this very simply. With Omnifocus, the set up is far more complex. Even when set up within Omni focus, moving actions up or down in the list to prioritize them is much more difficult. At times, it's impossible. Things is simple to operate and yet does very complex things. While at first glance, it appears to be less flexible than Omni focus, everything in Things is there for a reason. Now that you can sync all of your devices easily, my single gripe with Things has been resolved. That's not to say it is perfect. There are always minor tweaks that can be made. But, for me, Things is very near perfect.
Great App that I'm Glad to Have. Can't Wait to See How it Developes.
It has an easy to use and uncluttered interface that can be as simple as you like or organized till you can break down nearly your whole life into tasks. It also syncs well with the desktop app you can can get from the App Store and it's easy to import tasks from your task list that you can set with Siri (or any other method you can use with your default iOS Reminders application).
It'd be nice if there were a setting in Things so it could be set to automatically sync with your Reminders so it doesn't have to be manually done. Also, if it could sync with Calendar set events as well, those would be two nice touches. But essentially everything you set to remind you can easily and quickly be imported into things.
I haven't had the app for long so I'm sure as I get more experience with it and it gets developed more, I'll like it and enjoy it even more.
Saved my life!!!
I have a very demanding job! It involves a lot of planning. I have been struggling with my to do list for a year. I have been using reminders from Apple. The problem was I had so may categories to look through. I often would forgot about what to do. I spent hours everyday to try and keep up. I would fail and stress out. This app is a God send!!! I feel the huge amount of stress lifting off my shoulders every time I work with in it. I looked at this app before and thought it was to plain looking. Then my friend who has the same job recommend things to me. I gave things a second chance and I love it!!! It is very deeply thought out!!! Keep up the good work and add an alarm! Thank you so much for saving my life!!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 29, 2014
- Version: 2.2.5
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2008-2014 Cultured Code
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.