By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
*** Updated for iOS 10 and watchOS 3 ***
“Things sets itself apart in flexibility and ease.” - O’Reilly, Best iPhone Apps
“Things definitely tops our list of GTD applications for the iPhone.” - Cory Bohon, Mac|Life — 5 stars
“If Things sounds simple, that’s because it is. Other to-do list managers I’ve tried have, quite honestly, gotten in the way of me getting things done. Things doesn’t do that. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.” - Macworld — 4 stars
• Macworld UK Award “Best iPhone Business & Utility App” - Winner
• Mac|Life Editors’ Choice Award - Winner
• Featured by Apple as Editor’s Choice in more than 25 countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Things for iPhone includes a new Quick Action for the app icon; a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; a sharing extension for sending to-dos to other apps; and Push Sync with Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running.
Things is also available for Apple Watch—included for free with your purchase of Things for iPhone. Have all of your to-dos for the day easily accessible on your wrist, and mark them complete as you go; focus on specific projects; track your progress as you complete to-dos throughout the day; and enter new to-dos easily just by speaking to Siri. See the app in action here => http://things.watch
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (Mac & iPad apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.8.10
• Fixed a crash when creating a new to-do with VoiceOver.
• Fixed a crash when using the large complication on the Modular watch face.
You are your word
This app is perfect to get things done and be your word. All we have is what we say we're going to do, and what we do. When those align, we're unstoppable. There's nothing moral about it, either. Clean up the mess with yourself or others when it doesn't get done, and take responsibility for the impact that has on reality. Say what they can count on you for next time, and be your word. I was stagnant in life because I didn't put my word up to anything. Sure I had great intentions, but I didn't put myself at issue because I had tasks with no deadlines or "someday" ideas. Now I make a task and I have to do it. I simply have to, by virtue of me wanting a life that works; a life where I am my word. Put your word to create, then do it, because you said you would. And when you don't want to get up early to meditate or go to the gym, remember that the world doesn't matter what you want or how you feel, it cares about results. It seems apathetic doesn't it? That's because there's nothing to this life but what we say we're going to do, and what we do. Everything else is the context we attach. You start to get how wasteful it is to complain. Wasted energy when you could be producing. Use Things and go produce and be a person of your word and see the impact it has on your relationships and the quality of life. I'm not there by any stretch, but we put our word down and we move forward. Go produce.
really enjoying this
Initially I was put off by the simplicity of this app and, frankly, the philosophy of the GTD approach. Having used it now for many months I can say I’m hooked.
I’m a todo app junkie. I had a folder of apps, many of which I paid for, to try to get to this place. Maybe you’re like me - you have one todo app (or a few) and it’s filled with things you need to get to, and everything’s in one big pile and it’s so easy to overlook and you discover you’ve deferred/ignored an item 20 times. And then you realize that app you liked isn't really a todo app, it’s more of a giant collection of things you’re probably not going to do.
This is different. I can’t really explain the GTD system but it’s pretty neat. This app is unequivocally a GTD-style app. If you don’t like that, you won’t like this. If you do, this is your app. It has literally replaced a folder of other task management apps and, most importantly, it’s actually helping me get things done.
Some of the criticisms here seem unjustified. I think before saying this app doesn't do something, people should watch the tutorial, which explains so many things people say they don't understand.
That said, it really is time for an update.
Perfect GTD suite
I used Nirvana for GTD for the last couple years but I wish I'd paid for this iPhone/Mac software suite a long time ago. It's the perfect structure for the GTD method, but it goes a step further. The Focus/Review feature lets you roughly plan out your week, so you don't have to review your whole todo list during each daily review. It sounds like a minor thing but it's really filled a gap for me and makes daily reviews easy and automatic. I tried Omnifocus as well and I really feel like Things nailed the GTD method without getting overly complicated. I know there are tons of free task managers out there but this is so worth the money. It's less than a chipotle burrito with guac, so stop balking and just buy it already.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 16, 2017
- Version: 2.8.10
- Size: 41.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2008-2017 Cultured Code
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.