By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
**** Updated with full support for iOS 9 and watchOS 2—including a new Quick Action for iPhone 6s, a new native app for Apple Watch, and three new Complications for the watch face. ****
“Things sets itself apart in flexibility and ease.” - O’Reilly, Best iPhone Apps
“Things definitely tops our list of GTD applications for the iPhone.” - Cory Bohon, Mac|Life — 5 stars
“If Things sounds simple, that’s because it is. Other to-do list managers I’ve tried have, quite honestly, gotten in the way of me getting things done. Things doesn’t do that. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.” - Macworld — 4 stars
• Macworld UK Award “Best iPhone Business & Utility App” - Winner
• Mac|Life Editors’ Choice Award - Winner
• Featured by Apple as Editor’s Choice in more than 25 countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Things for iPhone includes a new Quick Action for the app icon; a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; a sharing extension for sending to-dos to other apps; and Push Sync with Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running.
THINGS FOR APPLE WATCH
Things is now available for Apple Watch—included for free with your purchase of Things for iPhone. Have all of your to-dos for the day easily accessible on your wrist, and mark them complete as you go; focus on specific projects; track your progress as you complete to-dos throughout the day; and enter new to-dos easily just by speaking to Siri. See the app in our new video! → http://things.watch
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (Mac & iPad apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.8.2
Things for iPhone:
• This release includes our new native watchOS 2 app with Complications. See our blog for more info: culturedcode.com/things/blog/
• Improved stability and bug fixes.
Things for Apple Watch:
• Full compatibility with watchOS 2.
• New! Rebuilt the app to run natively on Apple Watch.
• New! Added a Complication for showing your progress throughout the day.
• New! Added a Complication for showing your upcoming to-dos (on the Modular watch face).
• New! Re-engineered the sync between iPhone and Apple Watch for the new native environment.
• General stability and speed improvements.
• The app now requires watchOS 2.0 or later.
"Things" manages present and future to-do items better than any other service I've seen or heard of. I'm soooooo glad I stumbled across it.
This app seriously stands out amongst the slew of other note taking apps on the App Store. It should be so much more popular than it is! The app of the same name for Mac complements this iOS app very, very well and is totally worth the high price in my opinion (you get what you pay for).
So, I have to say that the developers of this app really nailed it with this. "Things" is seriously AWESOME at managing current and future to-do items and projects (unbiased random guy, not being paid to say this or anything). It's got a simple yet powerful interface with fast and RELIABLE cloud syncing. (I had some VERY bad experiences with Clear syncing between the Mac app and iPhone app thru the cloud, and this went on so long after contacting support that I finally just gave up on Clear, even though the iPhone app by itself is good at what it does).
Also, "Things" even uses Siri and Reminders in a beautifully simple way.
I couldn't be any happier with this team of developers for putting out a quality piece of software that actually syncs over the cloud FAST and RELIABLY and just functions so well overall.
Thanks for the updates and awesome app!
The app that thinks like I do
Wow - after using everything (to include Omnifocus), I've finally found what works for me.
Things is designed in a way that makes the most sense to me. In this respect, it thinks like I do.
are supported (contrary to what some users are saying here), but they work differently than other task management apps. In Things, you'd make a "repeating task" and this would be more like a rule that generates instanced task items into your Today list every so often. Be sure to google this and pull up CulturedCode's support page on how repeating tasks work in Things. After using this for a while, I actually prefer it to other methods :)
are also a lot more useful than I thought they'd be.
For Things is SO AMAZING! It syncs the actions you make on tasks rather than the tasks themselves. The resulting difference in sync time means that everything you have will take fractions of a second, rather than a quarter of a minute to send up to the server. Omnifocus's syncing is fast by today's standards, but Things's syncing is truly unbelievable.
Things = Balance
I have gone back and forth with Things and Omnifocus several times over the past few years. Both are excellent. But, I keep coming back to Things. I don't have to spend nearly as much time setting up my day plan with Things. OF2 has some feature I like that are missing in Things like project sub hierarchies and parallel/sequential project. But, the daily operation of Things overcomes the lack of these features. Overall, I don't think you can lose with either app. But, I am using Things and like it a lot.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 19, 2015
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 21.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2008-2015 Cultured Code
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.