SoundHound ∞ hands-free with “OK Hound” | Search, Discover and Play Music
By SoundHound, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Search, discover and play music with SoundHound. And now, you can navigate in a hands-free search and assistant mode with “OK Hound…”
To use hands-free, simply say: “OK Hound… what’s this song?” You can also do much more:
Say it and play it:
• “OK Hound, please play Hello by Adele”
• “OK Hound, play Katy Perry’s top video”
Add song to Spotify playlist:
• “OK Hound, please add One Day Like This to my Spotify Playlist”
• “OK Hound, add Dark Horse to my Spotify Playlist”
Deep dive in music knowledge:
• “OK Hound, what’s Taylor Swift’s latest song?”
• “OK Hound, how old is Paul McCartney?”
• “OK Hound, where was Fetty Wap born?”
For music identification or Sing/Hum recognition, say:
• “OK Hound, what’s this song?”
• “OK Hound, what’s this song that I’m humming?”
Plus, you can continue to access all of the great SoundHound features you know and love through the classic tap, swipe and type modes, too:
• Tap the orange button to instantly identify songs and see live lyrics, video playback, share, stream, or buy
• Sing or Hum into SoundHound, for results when you can’t get that song out of your head
• Access your History, showing your previous searches (register to ensure you can access all of your discoveries!) to add to your Spotify playlist
• View live lyrics, moving real-time with the music, and sing along
• Check out weekly featured songs, videos, artists & albums
• Find out what’s being played near you & around the world with our Music Map
• Learn about ‘Artists Born Today’, showcasing artists on their birthday, everyday
• Access artist photos & biographies, album release dates & band info
• See the hottest in new music, across Global, Emerging and Popular charts
• Play the full song and watch the music video with our embedded YouTube player
• Browse the top videos others are watching
• Listen to songs or playlists in your favorite connected streaming services, such as Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music
• Purchase songs or albums instantly in iTunes
Reviews and Honors
• Top 10 Must-Have iPhone Apps - Bob Tedeschi, NY Times
• Best Music Engagement App - BILLBOARD Music App Awards
• Essential iPad App - "Seriously fast" - John Herrman, Gizmodo
• "Genius, isn't it?" - B.B.C. World Radio
• "This is amazing... insane, right?" - David Pogue
What's New in Version 7.1.3
- Now go Hands-Free with “OK Hound…” Use your voice to search, discover, and play! Find that song you’re trying to identify, hands-free, in the car, on the go, or at home, discover new information about an artist, play full tracks, or even add it to your playlist.
- To identify a song playing on the radio, just say “OK Hound, what song is playing?”
- To discover more about your favorite artist, say “OK Hound, what is Rihanna’s latest song?”
- To play a song, simply say, “OK Hound, play Hello by Adele.”
- Redesigned History page to make it easier to access music you’ve found with SoundHound
- We’ve have an all new app icon! Look for the signature SoundHound orange.
If you enjoy our service, please consider spreading the word by reviewing our app.
I have had SoundHound for over a year and just loved it until recently. It recognized every song except a couple on TV shows. Then recently it only gets about half of the songs I try for. Recently I got a song with Shazam and went into SoundHound to see if it would get the same song. I had already bought it on iTunes so as soon as I opened SoundHound the song was already playing and the lyrics were right there for me to sing along. But when I tried to tag the song, it could not identify it! It also takes longer to identify songs it does recognize. I will keep using it for the lyrics feature and for the fact that it stores my songs so I can easily access those lyrics for my faves but I am using Shazam to tag songs now.
Please remove the "hits" compilations!
I absolutely love SoundHound, but I am really tired of trying to search for a song and finding it on a compilation or hits album, instead of the actual album that came from! Please remove all of these compilation albums so that we can get actual results from the artists themselves and album it was from, rather than some cheesy compilation album!!! I'm also not a fan of greatest hits albums, because then you don't know the original album the song was from. Thank you!
Love This App!
Like many, I started using Shazam but love the interface & functionality of Sound Hound so much better! It integrates w/ so many other apps & services & has always been on point & quick with the results. Thank you!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 06, 2016
- Version: 7.1.3
- Size: 40.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: SoundHound, Inc.
- © 2015 SoundHound Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.