Japanese is the ultimate study companion for any Japanese language learner. Japanese is comprehensive, with over 175,000 dictionary entries and 58,000 example sentences, and fits perfectly in your pocket. It comes complete with references, flashcard study tools and all you need to master the Japanese language. Japanese runs offline, allowing you to learn on the go, wherever you go.
• Japanese’s search engine is unparalleled in its speed, returning the most relevant results for your search as you type.
• Search from over 175,000 words and 58,000 example sentences.
• Handwriting recognition: Write any kanji in any stroke order and have Japanese decipher and display the most likely kanji or kana.
• Conjugation Search: Search a word in any conjugation to get a complete dictionary entry for that word.
• Text Reader: Struggling with a website or text message? Input long text and see it translated into its constituent parts.
• Flashcards: Easy-to-use flashcard study with study reminders and social elements that allow you to share your lists with friends.
• Text-to-Speech: Learn a word’s pronunciation.
• JLPT: Tests aren’t everything. But for those seeking to master the JLPT, Japanese has dedicated study lists.
WORK WITH IT
• Intuitive user interface: Find the information you need, when you need it.
• Split View: Use Japanese simultaneously with other applications on your iPad or large screen Apple device with Split View.
• Custom Content: Create your own lists, labels, history, folders and notes to help organise your studies.
• Sharing: Share Lists with Family, Friends and Study Buddies via AirDrop, Messages or Email.
• Import: Easily import your data from other Japanese language learning apps such as Imiwa, Midori and Nihongo, Rikaichan.
• Backup & Restore: Never worry about loosing your data with Japanese’s in-app backup and restore features.
Ratings and Reviews
A rare gem
Honestly I cannot express how thankful I am for the efforts of the developer(s) of this app...it’s unique and very precious because of the VAST dictionary available and the ease of learning which can be through flash cards or saving the word you want, I really appreciate the sincerity that I feel was put into this rare app, not many language learning apps can be this determined about their audience which is why i really respect this exceptional app, I’m not sure why many people are being picky and very critical about little things when they can just enjoy endless opportunities this app offers that other apps do not. thank you so much for making such an incredible, brain-feeding, literally the best and the most useful app ever created for japanese language enthusiasts. I respect you for your hard work, please carry on and best of luck!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much. It means a lot to me!
Still the best, but bring back reverse search!
This is the most useful study tool for Japanese out there, so look no further! This app has been around for a long time and it's still the best of its kind.
The handwriting recognition is really handy, and I love that it will just show you a stream of vocabulary when you open it up.
The ability to compile your own vocabulary lists and quiz yourself on those words using flashcards is one of the most powerful features. You can also share the lists you make via email.
One thing I'm not happy about is that they removed the ability to search the end of a word or phrase instead of the beginning by flipping the (a...) to (...a) next to the search input field. Before if you wanted to look up 「退化」for example, but only knew the 「化」kanji, you could flip it and search all words ending in 「化」to find it, but now there's no way to do that.
Developer Response ,
Thanks! To be honest, the feature is still there. Simply add ... in front of the search term. I know it's not discoverable, but it works exactly the same as before. Future versions will bring back a dedicated button.
This is literally the most used application on my phone. Awesome options. This is also the first time i write a review for an app. I thank the working team a lot for that nice outcome.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.