Delivery Status touch, a package tracker
By Junecloud LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The best app for tracking deliveries” — Tap! Magazine
“Best App for Tracking Packages” — O’Reilly
“an essential tool for your package-tracking arsenal” — Gizmodo
"8/10" — Wired App Guide
“4½ mice” — Macworld
Delivery Status helps you keep track of all your packages, so you always know when they’re going to arrive. The main view shows the latest status of all your packages, and counts down to the estimated delivery date. Tap a delivery for more information, and to see where it is on a map. If you like you can view the shipping company’s web page, or easily share your shipment over email, text message, or AirDrop. On iOS 7, Delivery Status can even update in the background, or add your estimated delivery dates to your calendar.
Delivery Status supports more than 30 services, including UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL, TNT, Canada Post, City Link, Royal Mail, DPD, and many more. You can also track orders from services like Amazon and Apple, even before they ship. (Some services are limited to specific countries, visit junecloud.com/services for details.)
If you have packages from other services, just select “Other” and enter a delivery date and web site. Delivery Status will track the site and let you know when it changes.
You can sync your deliveries between your devices with iCloud or our own Junecloud sync. If you create a Junecloud account, you can update your tracking numbers from any web browser, or sync with our Dashboard widget for Mac.
Have any questions? Just visit junecloud.com/sync and click Help.
What's New in Version 5.0.1
• iCloud Keychain is now used for your Junecloud sync account if you have it enabled.
• Added support for Chronopost.
• On iOS 7, you can now press and hold the barcode scanner button to choose the old ZBar scanner. The ZBar scanner works better for certain barcodes, like DHL Germany and Hermes. Once you’ve switched to the ZBar scanner it will be used automatically in the future. Just press and hold the button again if you want to switch back.
• VoiceOver improvements.
• Calendar events are no longer marked as “busy”.
• Deliveries will now sync and update occasionally if the app is left open.
• A sound will now play if the status updates while the application is open, but not active.
• Fixed a bug that could cause background updates to fail if syncing took too long, especially with iCloud.
• Fixed a bug that could cause repeated notifications to appear.
• Fixed a bug with background updates that would cause some deliveries to update more than necessary.
• Fixed a bug where saved passwords were not always filled in automatically.
• Fixed a bug where the app would crash if the calendar used for delivery dates was removed.
• Fixed a bug where the app could get stuck in a loop when attempting to sync while your device was locked.
• Fixed a bug on where a pin at the top of the map might get cut off.
• Fixed a bug where action sheets (pop up lists of options) did not display correctly on iPad.
• Fixed some blurriness on non-Retina displays.
• Fixed some minor display problems with certain “Other” deliveries.
• The “Cancel” button on the Sync screen is now just a back button when it’s more appropriate.
• Updated app icon in sharing emails.
Could be MUCH better
I'm not sure why it's so difficult to find a good delivery notification app. This one has the best look of all the ones I've used, but the fact that it doesn't update in the background or send push notifications when the status of my package changes makes it useless. I might as well just go check the ups/fedex/usps sites myself. Slice goes a step further by monitoring your email accounts for things you order and automatically tracking them but it's no better updating in the background, or sending push notifications, and it has an uglier more cluttered interface. I'm ok with copying and pasting tracking numbers, especially since the app has the auto-detection of what's on your clipboard, but the main reason I, and I figure many others, are looking for a delivery status app is to be informed of the status automatically. That's the main and most essential feature but I can't find an app that actually delivers (no pun intended) on that promise. If you or anyone else could resolve this issue that would be my go to app automatically but until then the search continues.
Background notifications broken
I'm not sure what changed. Background notifications worked just fine before but have not worked in the iOS app for several months. I also use the Mac widget along with Junecloud sync (not iCloud syncing). Syncing of data between the Mac and iOS works perfectly every time but background notifications on iOS are definitely broken. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the iOS app and triple-checked the Notification Center settings. All are as they should be. Yesterday, a package was delivered at my home and the Mac notification came through while my iPhone remained silent. Other than the lack of background notifications, though, the iOS app is fantastic. If they fix the notifications issue, it'll go back to being a five star app.
First of is the notification. IT'S NOT WORKING! That like the most important thing when it come to an app like this. Keeps me from going manually into the app. Second why do I need to keep background data on for this app to refresh. I have an app that doesn't need that just my location which is cool. Third they does every tracker have to start with the color purple. Variety please. Plus the order of the deliveries could be better. Need newest on the list. Keep putting the older on on top not cool. I suggest not to buy this app at the moment try posted. Old school user interface but works like a charm. Or try Slice has an up-to-date look and works just as fine. Wish I could refund this and try something else.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 26, 2013
- Version: 5.0.1
- Size: 6.1 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Swedish
- Seller: Junecloud LLC
- © 2008-2013 Junecloud LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.