Toodledo: Todo Lists - Notes - Outlines - Habits
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Toodledo is a powerful productivity tool for organizing your to-do lists and notes, tracking your habits and making outlines.
Toodledo works with Apple Watch!
Toodledo is flexible enough to work with many different productivity styles. You can use the popular GTD methodology, or you can use your own system. You can keep things simple, or you can add as much complexity as you need. Keeping track of your to do list has never been easier.
Macworld rated Toodledo 4½ stars saying, "...the most impressive element of Toodledo; somehow, it doesn’t feel like “settings overload”—I feel fully empowered to customize the app to match exactly my desired workflow."
With Toodledo you can:
◆ Track the priority, start date, due date, time, length or status of a task.
◆ Assign the task to a folder, context or goal.
◆ Flag the task with a visual star or tag it with keywords and notes.
◆ Get audible popup alarms.
◆ Create tasks that repeat on a schedule of your choosing.
◆ Start and stop timers to keep track of time spent on projects.
◆ View your tasks on a map and get proximity alerts when you are near a location where you have things to do.
◆ Search, filter, sort and drill down into your tasks in a variety of ways to see the subset of tasks that are useful right now and ensure that important tasks float to the top.
◆ Quickly find important tasks with the "Hotlist". This smart to do list is automatically filled with important tasks based on a mathematical formula.
◆ Protect your tasks with a passcode.
◆ Securely sync with Toodledo to backup your data and sync between devices.
◆ Imports from Reminders, allowing you to add tasks with your voice.
◆ Share your accomplishments with built in Twitter and Facebook support.
◆ Organize and permanently store your longer free-form notes in the Notebook section.
◆ Make hierarchical outlines to organize your ideas.
◆ Make good habits and break bad habits. Track your progress with our Habits section.
Works on all iOS devices. Some features are only available on certain devices and OS versions. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.2.14
+ Fixes a bug where completing a task via Apple Watch and then launching the app could cause a crash.
Apple Watch support:
+ View your hotlist on your Apple Watch and quickly see what is most important.
+ Drill into the tasks on your Apple Watch to see their details.
+ Get notifications on your Apple Watch for tasks that are due soon.
+ At a glance, see how many tasks are in your hotlist, how many are overdue and how many are due today.
+ Complete or delete tasks from your Apple Watch with a long press on the task's details.
Excellent online, iPhone app less so, watch app terrible
See below for comments about the iPhone app. Regarding the watch app, this is a great example of developers rushing to put something out there and not doing it well. The watch app is truly useless. The glances screen only shows the count. As an example, it could have shown the top three most important tasks due today. Speaking of which, don’t expect to see your to do list for *today* on the watch. The app will only show you the hotlist. And if you don’t use start dates, that list will include anything in the future you’ve set a due date for even if you can’t do it now (ex. to call someone on his birthday). Even if you add start dates (tedious data entry if you don’t otherwise need them), you still can't see much of the task descriptions when you open the watch app. I can’t even make use of it, and it’s really frustrating.
ToodleDo’s web page is excellent.
iPhone app's good features:
- Comprehensive options for what fields to include
- Very flexible sorting (far better than most task apps)
iPhone app's failings:
- No multi-task edit
- Design makes lists look cluttered
- A feature to see calendar at the top of a list before today's tasks
- I much prefer Pocket Informant's method of incorporating reminders. You see and edit them without importing them, and you can *optionally* migrate any of them to PI which will then sync them with ToodleDo.
Much to like but has room for improvement
In general, this is a good app. It does what it's supposed to do and provides the features available on the webpage. That's commendable.
It's also been steadily improving with more obvious syncing, updates for iPhone 6 screens, iOS 8, etc.
Still, there is room for improvements. I'll offer three:
1. Background syncing. My biggest peeve is that syncing isn't done in the background. When the app syncs, everything stops. I'd like to have task updates sync with each change, but that's not possible since I can't do anything else but wait the few seconds the app hangs. I'd love to see this improved.
2. Pull down to sync. Currently to manually sync, I have to go to the settings page to activate the sync. It seems intuitive to just force the sync when the screen is pull down. There's the rubber band effect already today, but it doesn't do anything.
3. "Professional" notification alarms. Unless the focus of the app is to keep track of children's tasks or that of a comedian or clown, the choices are really poor. I'd love to see more professional and subtle alarms that can be used in a business setting.
Really good todo and notes managment
I've downloaded almost all the todo apps on the store, and this one wins. I have my todos and notes available and in sync on PC, iPhone, and iPad. The app is rock solid, never crashes, and the sync requires zero attention and everything Just Works. If you want, the app can be simply used as-is as a todo tracker, a habit tracker, or else under the covers there are a wealth of options and customizations to tweak the app for hardcore GTD/GSD applications and methodologies. This is the benchmark other apps have to measure against.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 22, 2015
- Version: 3.2.14
- Size: 22.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Jake Olefsky, LLC
- © 2008-2015 Toodledo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Sound Pack$0.99