The Weather Channel: Alerts, Forecast & Radar
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this fall, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly, daily, weekly, weekend and 15-day forecasts.
• Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for fall road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – this app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Ski season is upon us! Our Ski forecast shows nearby ski resort conditions including snow forecasts, number of open trails, snow base depth and more.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at email@example.com.
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.
What's New in Version 8.6
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Good App, but Alerts are Out of Control! (...and a Suggestion)
The app is responsive and fairly quick to load, but the notifications have gotten out of control. Every minute of every day there is some kind of alert/warning and I get badges for no reason. The notifications need to be adjustable so that if users want, they can receive only "critical" alerts like hurricane warnings, tornado warnings, etc. I live in NYC and alerts for "Gale Warnings" are meaningless - I get these when it's beautiful out and the wind is what I would call "normal". All the meaningless alerts are de-sensitizing me to alerts and have me concerned that I'll miss one when it's truly important!
I also have a suggestion: the new home screen is almost too clean - it feels empty! I love the quick-jump actions from touching each component shown on the home/summary section, but wish there was more:
1) I wish there was a jump directly to the radar (a mini radar image at the top would be great for seeing how bad the rain is outside at the moment).
2) I love the recent re-addition of the scrollable 15-day forecast, but wish I could do the same with the hourly forecast. When I check the weather each morning it's a bit annoying to have to go to another screen to see what the weather will be like for my commute home. If data is an issue, maybe just load 24 hours worth of hourly data in the scrollable home screen and enable clicking to view the "full" 72-hourly forecast on a separate screen.
STILL CRASHES STOP WITH THE FAKE REVIEWS!!
I've used this app since 2010 and before that. back then forecasts were freakishly accurate and videos were cool. I don't even know what to say this app has become so pathetically inaccurate your better off licking your finger and testing the wind. Several times they have gone from 80% chance of rain to 20% chance then back to 80% again! Who's writing these forecasts?!! They need to be fired!! Several times it's rained when they said no rain or its been sunny when they said rain! Going to switch to another app after nearly 7 years of use! The videos are depressing, horrific, and sometimes disturbing there was one of a bald eagle attacking and killing a bunch of baby birds! Really that was one of them! I DONT WANT TO SEE THAT ON A WEATHER APP!!!!! The titles are misleading and often have nothing to do with the videos and are just to get you to click on an add! Do your self a favor don't use this app!
UPDATE: I'm now randomly warped to a random website every ( exploit) time I try to use it!!!
UPDATE: app continues to crash every single time I try to use it for more than 20 seconds. The app lags and freezes constantly but on the bright side the advertisements seem to load without issue! Also stop making fake 5 star reviews!!
Good app that could be great
The Weather Channel app is one of the best weather apps I've tried, but it does have a few annoying quirks that keep it from being great. For example, it sometimes duplicates favorites; and oddly, the duplicate location's weather data may be slightly different. Sometimes the app also has trouble refreshing the weather data for certain locations. But all things considered, the Weather Channel app is solid and useful. I'll keep using it at least until weather Underground, which has a great website, redesigns it's terrible mobile app.
UPDATE: I am forced to downgrade my rating because of one glaring issue that has appeared just recently. When I open the app, an obnoxious video ad starts playing automatically. This behavior is ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!!! The video ads have always been there, but never played automatically until a couple of weeks ago. Reluctantly, I will start looking for another weather app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Feb 13, 2017
- Version: 8.6
- Size: 185 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2015, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99