The Weather Channel - local forecasts, radar maps, storm tracking, and rain alerts - weather.com
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions all summer, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly, daily, weekly, weekend and 15-day forecasts.
• Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, heat index, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR SUMMER ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for kids’ summer camp outings, family vacations, picnics, camping or boat outing – this app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Hurricane Central: Track tropical storms and hurricanes - Be ready for hail, lightning strikes, storm surges, flooding and more. Get the latest breaking news and public advisories and read safety tips!
• NEW! GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to http://feedback.weather.com. You can also email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
What's New in Version 7.8.1
• In order to make our app faster and more streamlined, we are removing SessionM. For more information on SessionM, go here: https://feedback.weather.com/customer/portal/articles/2491658-why-has-mpoints-rewards-been-removed-from-the-weather-channel-app-
• Additional performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please write us at feedback.weather.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
When I log onto the app, I want an accurate weather forecast. I don't want to be hit in the face with stories of disasters, sensationalized titles, and news about weather across the country or around the world. If you want to put them in separate sections near the bottom of the app page, then go for it. Just don't force me to work through them to get to the pertinent information.
Also, please work on reporting accurate weather, not forecasts that drastically change every few hours or that are in conflict with each other. For the last three days, the top story was about severe thunderstorms coming through our area, while the forecast for our area below showed a 10% chance of precipitation and said nothing about thunderstorms until less than 24 hours ahead of time. If you can't even be consistent on the same page, how can you create any credibility with your audience?
Finally, call me crazy, but I feel like I ought to be able to hand my five-year-old my phone and let him look through the weather app without him needing to see stories about alligators attacking children, viewing pictures of people caught up in floods on the other side of the world, and other stories of people dying in national parks that have nothing to do with local or even a global weather in some cases. How about making it an educational tool and leaving it there?
I'm an avid outdoorsman so I often look to my weather apps to plan my days and trips. One of my favorite things to do is put my kayak in the river and fish the day away. Well, I can't even count the number of times that I've cancelled trips down the river because this app says "severe t-storm: 3:00pm". 3pm comes around....sunny sky and now the app says "severe t-storm: 4pm". 4pm rolls around...sunny sky and the app has now changed the t-storm to 5pm and so on, and so on. I'm pretty sure they're just guessing at that point so It never storms and I just end up sitting around all day waiting on this awful thunderstorm that never comes instead of fishing the river. That's just one example of how this app consistently lets me down. The forecast is wrong almost everyday. I'm convinced that more time and energy is put into the videos than the actual forecasts. Hands down worst weather app out there. I will say that the uselessness of this app has frustrated me enough that I hardly use any apps or even my phone anymore. It's kinda nice not to feel so reliant on something so unreliable. So basically, if you're looking for a weather app, you'd probably do better just to go outside and look up at the sky.
Best weather app! Pinpoints exact distance a lightning strike is from you!
BRING BACK MPoints! With that said, I use 2 weather apps, The Weather Channel App and Weather Underground App. Between the 2, I can get everything that I need to know as a weather enthusiast. I must say that my favorite of the 2 is now This app! I love this app as it is very informative about weather forecasts, weather stories both video and print, very easy to navigate and the radar is now SPOT ON PERFECT!!! I also love the alerts pinpointing a lightning strike and the precise distance physical location and alerts telling me precisely when it is expected to start to rain, and it is all FREE!! Other apps make you pay for that information and only give you severe weather alerts and not lighting strikes nor expected time the rain will begin!! You worked hard for this app to be #1 and you finally get 5 stars from me!! Just don't go changing things again!!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jul 20, 2016
- Version: 7.8.1
- Size: 99.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2015, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99