The Weather Channel: Forecast, Radar & Alerts
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this spring, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly, daily, weekly, weekend and 15-day forecasts.
• Cognitive Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – the app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Get high-risk allergy alerts directly from the home screen, links to allergy insights, and a daily pollen outlook with our improved allergy tracker.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at email@example.com.
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.
What's New in Version 8.13
• We heard your feedback and added dates for each day of the extended daily forecast. Easily compare the next two weekends and plan your summer escape!
• We’ve added weather alerts for South Korea, South Africa, Zambia and Japan to our already extensive list of locations. Stay informed of adverse conditions - whether you’re traveling or you have friends and family abroad.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Developers: consider adding customization to the paid version
Super accurate weather.
I don't like the yearly subscription-based model to remove the ads. A one-time purchase would have been nicer.
That being said, I would gladly actually purchase the subscription IF the following options/functions were also made available:
1. Ability to configure the UI, specifically the order, e.g., so that we can have the hourly, 10 day forecast, radar e.g. Show up in whatever order we want when we scroll down. More efficient.
2. ***Most importantly*** - ability to disable/remove completely any weather channel videos ("news" videos etc that show up as openable when scrolling down).
3. Going off of 1 & 2 - in case it wasn't obvious- Basically complete customization of what I see when I scroll down in the app. If I am going to pay for it, I am not going to pay to see a bunch of things I don't want and/or are not relevant to me. I'd rather use another app.
4. More detailed, longer, etc., radar. (If possible)
However. Despite this. TWC has remained consistently the most accurate info I have found.
I REALLY would like to support the app. If these changes (specifically ability to customize UI), are made, I would gladly pay the yearly cost. Immediately. Until then, I see no reason to pay to remove ads when the app will still be littered with video caps. I have no interest in seeing when I scroll down.
1 of 2 Weather Apps that you only need
As I I have stated in my above title review, The Weather Channel App just rocks and we all know why! Whoever came with the idea of adding yet another cool feature to add the dates underneath what the weather is scheduled to do, I say kudos. I Love The Weather Channel. The second app that is completely a Weather app is called Weather + and that app does the same thing as the Weather Channel app, it has cool graphics and a separate page for these weather videos. On The Weather Channel app, on the main screen you have to scroll down and see images of weather news and snippets of weather video where in Weather +, there are thankfully zero Weather related videos and news on the main page. Again, these 2 weather apps are all you need for an iPhone. Have a nice day!
I've had The Weather Channel app since the very first iPhone, and now the iPhone 7plus.
This week is the first time EVER I'm cussing the app because the screen is CONSTANTLY FREEZING on me and we've got severe storms in my area in the St. Louis, MO Metro area right now! (Had to rate a 5), first time after all in all these years!
Please fix whatever happened in the last update like EwokinColorado also said in comment below!
You all are FABULOUS at The Weather Channel, (I have one of your official weather caps I got free a few years ago by mail that I LOVE), and everyone begs me for!!!!!
(They'll never get my Weather Channel cap), but PLEASE FIX THE BUGS CAUSING IT TO FREEZE!!!! Thanks!!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 10, 2017
- Version: 8.13
- Size: 202 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2017, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99