The Weather Channel: Alerts, Forecast & Radar
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this spring, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly, daily, weekly, weekend and 15-day forecasts.
• Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – this app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Catch the end of Ski season! Our Ski forecast shows nearby ski resort conditions including snow forecasts, number of open trails, snow base depth and more.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
What's New in Version 8.10
• Easily save recently searched cities to your favorites with our new location manager. You can also view current conditions for each of your favorite locations in one glance.
• Improved allergy tracker shows total pollen count along with individual counts for tree, grass and ragweed allergens.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Non Location Manager--
Change the name to Non- location management. This following update took away the ability to delete locations. Traveling a lot I often add the location I'm visiting and prefer to delete after I have been there. Now it auto saves the last 5 locations. You've added more junk on the screen and I can't remove what I don't want to see. It also causes duplicates. I currently have my 4 Favs and 5 locations within 10miles from my house just from driving around town. Please put the delete function back and stop auto saving. Let me decide what gets saved and deleted. Also if I'm just searching it shouldn't save anyway. Add an icon asking me if I'd like to save. Let go of the clutter.
We have redesigned the Location Manager so new searches appear in a Recents list instead of always saving. To remove a favorite, touch the star icon next to the location to remove the star. Your recent locations will change every time you search, and only the last five will appear in your recently searched list. As you continue to search, your searches will be replaced by new ones. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Horrible and pathetic! Don't fall for the ratings!
I've used this app since 2010 and before that. back then forecasts were freakishly accurate and videos were cool. I don't even know what to say this app has become so pathetically inaccurate your better off licking your finger and testing the wind. Several times they have gone from 80% chance of rain to 20% chance then back to 80% again! Who's writing these forecasts?!! They need to be fired!! Several times it's rained when they said no rain or its been sunny when they said rain! Going to switch to another app after nearly 7 years of use! The videos are depressing, horrific, and sometimes disturbing there was one of a bald eagle attacking and killing a bunch of baby birds! Really that was one of them! I DONT WANT TO SEE THAT ON A WEATHER APP!!!!! The titles are misleading and often have nothing to do with the videos and are just to get you to click on an add! Do your self a favor don't use this app!
UPDATE: I'm now randomly warped to a random website every ( exploit) time I try to use it!!!
UPDATE: app continues to crash every single time I try to use it for more than 20 seconds. The app lags and freezes constantly but on the bright side the advertisements seem to load without issue!
Best Weather App EVER!!!
I just love this weather app, I can ALWAYS rely on this app when I need to know the weather for today, tomorrow or for sometime next week. The weather on this app is about 99.9% correct!!!
I love the alerts it has as well as the videos they put up, in the videos the weather is at times insanely crazy, which I love!!! The videos also show clips of people acting all types of crazy, all the videos are great!!!
I also love that you can save different cities to get the weather on, or look to see the weather of my vacation spots!! It is a very smart app, very up to date and extremely accurate!!! Great job with this app and keep up the good work!!!! I am sure there are tons of people like me that use this app on a daily basis!! I would NEVER use a different weather app!!! This app is by far the best!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 05, 2017
- Version: 8.10
- Size: 176 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2015, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99