iTalk Recorder Premium
By Griffin Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTalk Recorder Premium is a full-featured recording app with a streamlined and intuitive user interface. Press the big red button to record; press it again to stop. You can append to existing recordings, choose from three levels of recording quality (11.025, 22.05, or 44.10 kHz sample rates), and manage your recordings, all with just a fingertip.
You can email recordings straight from iTalk. iTalk also supports Dropbox file transfers and direct file sharing through iTunes.
Whether you're recording minutes of a meeting, a lecture, or the sounds of birds singing in a meadow far from any electrical outlets, iTalk Recorder Premium puts the sound quality you need in the palm of your hand.
• High-quality handheld recording
• Easy, convenient user interface and controls
• Multitasking: set it and forget it; it records in the background
• Email your recordings directly from iTalk
• Transfer your recordings from iTalk using Dropbox
• Share your recordings on SoundCloud
• Supports iTunes File Sharing
• Auto-noise cancellation (on iPhone 4)
• Built-in search function to locate recordings by title
• User-selectable Good, Better, Best sound quality (11.025, 22.05, or 44.10 kHz sample rates)
NOTE FOR iOS 7 Users: When launching this app for the first time (either as a new purchase or following your device's OS upgrade), please tap OK when iTalk requests permission to access your device's microphone. If you're experiencing blank recordings, please ensure Microphone access is enabled. In the app, go to Settings>Privacy>Microphone and enable iTalk.
What's New in Version 4.6.17
This version fixes a bug that would cause the recording timer and "Press to Record" to be overlaid on top of one another.
I have used iTalk for years now and it has served me well. The UI is very well designed and simple to use, the recordings are extremely high quality (on "best" mode"), and it's very easy to transfer recordings from the phone to the computer. I highly recommend giving iTalk a try if you're in the market for an app to make and manage your own recordings on the iPhone.
Good News & Bad News
The good news is the app is super simple and also offers very clear Audio quality recordings with little background noise. The bad news is you are limited to only ONE file format AIFF only! No option for MP3 or MP4 Or Wav Format or CAF format just the one AIFF format that is the major downside.
Bad sharing options
Don't waste your money on the painfully limited options for export
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 16, 2015
- Version: 4.6.17
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Griffin Technology
- © 2015 Griffin Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.