"One of the best games available for the platform" - Gizmodo
Winner of Most Innovative Game 2008 - Best App Ever Awards
Skate like a pro in this first real multi-touch skateboarding game ever.
Just like in real skateboarding or fingerboarding, Touchgrind is a game of skill that takes 10 minutes to understand but weeks of lectures, boring meetings and family dinners to master. Learn the tricks and impress your buddies.
The innovative finger controls together with true physics simulation let you pull off tricks like ollies, shuvits, kickflips, heelflips, impossibles, 5-0, 50-50, crooks, smithgrinds, boardslides, tailslides, darkslides etc in endless combinations.
Built on experience from the massive hits Labyrinth and iPint, Illusion Labs now brings you this killer game that will keep you boarding for hours and hours.
- True physics
- Innovative multi-touch controls
- 12 unlockable boards with different abilities
- Warm Up, Jam Session and Competition game modes
- Tutorial videos
- Stunning 3D graphics
- Realistic sound
keywords: multi touch grind rail board skategame skateboard fingerboard illusionlabs
- 64 bit support.
Ratings and Reviews
When TouchGrind released in 2008 it totally blew my mind and I played it constantly. Great physics engine and intuitive swipe gestures for tricks.
This game is definantly one of the best for the iTouch or iPhone. It literally lets you do any basic flip trick there is on a skateboard. It even lets you catch the board in mid-air which comes in handy when you are trying to land on rails. It has a accurate score for each trick, the more complex, the more points. But, I think the best part of the game is that you have different boards that do different things. Some boards score higher than others, ollie higher than others, flip faster than others and so on. It gives the game character. But, like every game, it has its downsides. It has a bad camera view that only shows the top of the board and a few feet around it so, you find yourself running in to things because you can't see infront of you. It is also hard to turn and manuever but, playing for a while will get you used to it. I think just about everyone has had a problem with the camera. But, you can't change the angle because you have to touch the top of the board to control it. So i thought it would be really cool if they somehow turned the griptape into an image of what is infront of you, so that you can see! I also had problems with turning. If you get too close to a wall you would have to back up just to turn which is annoying with time limits. I feel it would be better if you could maybe like pick up the board or something.
Great with even Better Potential
As everyone has said, this game has amazing game play, graphics and physics. It sounds great with the audio at a higher volume, and I love that I can play my music in the background if I want to. I have spent hours playing this awesome game and have already unlocked the 'ZEN' board (1,000,000 points). I simply love this game!
Here are a few features I think could make the game even better.
1. Some solution to the tight camera view so you have a better idea of what you're approaching.
2. A session marker, or somehow a way to put your board in front of an object to 'session' it. This would really be helpful in the Zoom Out mode.
3. I saw on the website that a park editor is in the works. I can't wait for this! Hopefully this update will include some other pre-built parks to skate. *crosses fingers*
4. A score archiver.
5. A record mode! Can't stress this one enough. Maybe the recorded vids could go to the iPod media player, that way they could be uploaded to the net.
6. Story mode.
7. Something that gives Competition mode more of a competition feel. (maybe like crowd sound effects in the background, or cheering when a high-scoring trick was landed)
8. Custom Board Graphics.
10. A score multiplier in the Jam Session
I'm sure there are some great updates that await this game. I can't wait to see what comes from all the reviews and feature requests. Once again, amazing work Illusion Labs!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.