RunKeeper - GPS Running, Walk, Cycling, Workout and Weight Tracker
By FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your pace, measure workout distance, chart weight loss, crush training goals and more with LifeHacker’s 2012 Best Running App! RunKeeper is the simplest way to improve fitness, whether you’re just deciding to get off the couch for a 5k, biking every day, or deep into marathon training.
Track your runs, walks, bike rides, training workouts and all of the other fitness activities using the GPS in your iPhone.
○ Calculate running pace, cycling speed, route distance, elevation and calorie burn for any fitness activity - in high accuracy and real time!
○ Find and follow pre-planned routes and see your location route on a map
○ Follow training plan workouts or create your own with audio coaching
○ Get audio updates while you work out about your total mileage, calorie count, pace, speed, mileage
○ Sync your Bluetooth Smart or ANT+ heart rate monitor (such as Wahoo Blue HR, Polar H7, Garmin HRM, and many others) to track your heart rate and stay in heart rate zones
○ Use your iPhone 5s to track cadence and steps while you train
○ Use your Pebble smart watch to track all your stats, right on your wrist!
○ Run while listening to music - RunKeeper automatically integrates with your phone’s music app.
○ Easily add your indoor cardio (treadmill, elliptical) and gym workouts (Yoga, Crossfit) right in the app to keep a full training log all in one place.
Get motivation and guidance to finish a race, lose weight, or get in shape. RunKeeper is THE training app for all skill levels- “Couch to 5k” all the way up to Marathon training for speed!
○ Find and follow Run/Walk training plans as a beginner
○ Get coached with 10k, Half Marathon and Full Marathon training plans for more advanced runners built by renowned coaches like Jeff Galloway
○ Train for weight loss with “running for fat loss” plans by Mike Diebler
○ Already using a Greatist training calendar? RunKeeper has those too!
○ See your entire training calendar directly in the running app, and get coached through each workout while you run with audio cues
Sync Runkeeper.com with the best fitness apps you’re all ready using for nutrition, sleep monitoring, weight, step tracking, calorie counting and getting rewards. RunKeeper works great with:
○ MyFitnessPal calorie tracking app
○ Fitbit activity monitoring devices
○ Garmin Forerunner GPS watches and Garmin Connect
○ Withings wifi scales
○ Sleep Cycle app
○ Hundreds of other apps and devices like, Lose it!, Jawbone Up, GymPact, Earnedit, Fitocracy, Zombies Run, Gym Hero, pedometers and more!
Set fitness goals and track your progress over time
○ Set goals to run a half marathon, lose weight, complete a total distance or set a personal record
○ Chart your progress, get notified at every milestone, and see a full log of all your past goals
○ See a full list of all your personal bests for races, distances and times for any sport or activity, whether you’re doing epic hiking treks, running ultra-marathons (we sip battery)
Train better with your friends!
○ Easily share your fitness activities and successes with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and beyond!
○ Invite and follow your friends to join you on RunKeeper, follow their journey and motivate them to succeed through commenting and liking their activity on RunKeeper’s Fitness feed
○ Compete against your friends for a top spot on monthly activity leaderboards
Get even more performance with RunKeeper Elite!
○ Use RunKeeper Live tracking to let your friends watch your fitness activities while you’re on the move
○ Use Lifetime insights to see average pace trends and sum up how much your doing each week, month, or over your entire training history.
○ Compare and rank all of your activities by speed and distance to see where everything stacks up.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.7
Bug fixes and improvements
The update has been terrible. Not only is the app significantly slower, Runkeeper now forces users to click through social media screens after every activity has been logged. In other words, it now takes more time to do the same thing the app used to do. Incredibly inefficient and cumbersome. There is no option to opt out of the social media screens, which shows a lack of developer understanding. This app used to work very well, but now it forces social media interaction in the user’s face, takes much longer to complete logging activities than it used to, and runs much more slowly overall. Terrible update, and a very bad understanding of how to work with customers.
Love app; hate being force-fed sharing
Until very recently, I would have give the app 5 stars. Why on earth should I have to decline to post my results each and every time? Doesn't the fact that I have my setting on "only me" tell you I do not feel compelled to share my info?
This app has helped me track my times/ pace, and get my 5k pace down by 1 min/mile! It is pretty accurate; I occasionally run with someone who has a Garmin GPS watch, and our times/pace/mileage were almost identical.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 10, 2014
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 31.9 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: RunKeeper, LLC
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- RunKeeper Elite Yearly Membership$39.99
- Elite Monthly Membership$9.99
- Advanced training program to help accomplish fitness goals. $19.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$14.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$9.99
- RunKeeper Training Plan$24.99
- RunKeeper training Plan$29.99