By A Tasty Pixel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now with Audiobus - http://audiob.us ## Create music by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
Introducing Audiobus support: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
See also Loopy HD for iPad!
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.net)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
“If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
“Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD AND LAYER
- Up to twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT AND CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated MAPI AudioPaste, with support for Intua general pasteboard format.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE AND TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM AND SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips (with automatic conversion to compressed AAC audio).
- Share audio with many other audio apps with MAPI AudioCopy.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Note: Loopy is a demanding application that requires an iPhone 3Gs and newer, or iPod Touch 3rd generation (with headset recommended) or newer to run well. Older devices are not recommended for use with Loopy.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
What's New in Version 2.5.7
Please consider changing the way you access the menu that lets you erase a track! Right now you have to flick it with your finger and I find myself having to do that five or six times before I'm successful. By then I've accidentally started recording another track. Perhaps you could make a simple menu with the erase option and just keep the "flick" control as a shortcut or something. Other than that, love the app 😘
Got this yesterday.
And I love it! All this time, I didn't realize that what I really needed was a looper. I keep trying to make these songs, but all I have in my head are clips. Loopy lets me put them together, run them side by side and cut them in and out as I want. I live this little app.
I don't really know what the difference is between Loopy and Loopy HD, but regular Loopy is working fine for me.
I love Reggie's style so I was looking for a looping program, this is the closest and the most easy equipment to have without dropping hundreds. It is intuitive but also fun to use. Totally recommended!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 14, 2013
- Version: 2.5.7
- Size: 10.2 MB
- Languages: English, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: A Tasty Pixel
- © 2011 A Tasty Pixel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.