By Monterey Bay Aquarium
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Seafood Watch recommendations help you choose ocean-friendly seafood at your favorite restaurants and stores. Our redesigned app makes it easier than ever to get the latest recommendations for seafood and sushi, learn more about the seafood you eat, and locate or share businesses that serve sustainable seafood.
- Get free, up-to-date seafood recommendations
- Search for seafood quickly and easily by common market name
- Search for sushi by Japanese name as well as common market name
- Locate restaurants and stores that serve ocean-friendly seafood
- Access in-depth conservation notes
What's New in Version 4.1
- Business listings now include only Seafood Watch partners to make finding sustainable seafood easier
- Bug fixes
Thanks for the update!
I was among many who reported the problem with version 4.0 (opens to a black screen on iPod touch 5 running iOS 8.x). I am happy to report this update fixes it. Also like the new feature using Location Services to display restaurants nearby supporting responsible fish supply.
No more crashing! Thanks.
Revising this to reflect a very informative app that actually runs now. I would add, avoid Thai shrimp as it is entirely produced with forced labor, but I suppose human rights may be beyond the purview of the aquarium,
Fixed crashing, but still useless
There isn't any information on any of the fish. You would think that since it has been 6+ months since the previous release this one would have been QA'd. I hope seafood watch can find new developers.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jul 20, 2015
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 18.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Monterey Bay Aquarium
- © Monterey Bay Aquarium
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.