Kindle – Read eBooks, Magazines & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go. eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 5.9
ComiXology's Guided View is now available on Kindle! Experience comics in a whole new way with this breakthrough cinematic and immersive reading mode.
Send to Kindle – Now you can save documents and web pages to your Kindle library. Tap the share button in Safari and add Kindle as a destination. Web pages are converted to Kindle format so you can adjust the text, font and page color, and read on any Kindle app or device.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
What would I do without this app?
Easy to use, great customization, love that it tells me how much time I have left in the chapter and book and that I can scan ahead. This was one of the things I missed most when I started reading ebooks- I couldn't just flip ahead to see if there was a stopping point anytime soon. Every update from kindle just gets better!
Easiest way to get and read novels
I love reading novels with Kindle on my iPad. It so much easier to download a book instead of going to a bookstore or library to get one. It is also easier to hold an iPad than a book, and it is easier to see a lit screen than a paper book.
I hardly buy paper books anymore. Kindle (and sometimes iBook store) books are easy to store. I love reading on my iPad, but it is too heavy for reading in bed. So I use my Kindle at night unless there are color photos or detailed illustrations.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 20, 2017
- Version: 5.9
- Size: 164 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.