Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go.
eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• With your newsfeed you can discover what the readers you trust are reviewing and rating highly to find your next great read, and discuss the books, passages and ideas that inspire you while only being one tap away from diving back into your book.
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
* More library filtering options are here! We’ve added Kindle Unlimited, Prime Reading, and sample filters to your library.
* We’ve moved Collections view to the View and Sort menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Now I use the Kindle App on my iPad and iPhone
For years I read novels using my different Kindle devices. For the last six years, I've read novels using the free Kindle App on my iPad and iPhone. I appreciate how the App keeps track of what page I’m on between my two Apple devices. If I’m out and stuck waiting, I just use my phone to start reading where I left off the night before on my iPad. The Kindle App will ask if you’d like whatever device you’re using synced with the last page read on the other device.
Another advantage to using the Kindle App on an Apple device is how easy it is to Google anything you want as you read. So when you highlight a word, name or phrase, the App offers a dictionary as well as a Google search. If I want an image of a location or piece of history, it right there. If I want a map of the area you’re reading about, it’s just a click away. I don’t have to call up a browser and enter in the search separately. There are tons of features to explore on the Kindle App. When you finish a book, a list of similar books and authors pops up. Without switching the screen, you can see how many stars each book has earned and read a brief synopsis. The list. Includes other books by the same author you’ve just read as well as a list of all the books mentioned in the story. Searching the Kindle store is just a click away. The Kindle App has continued to expand and add features over the years. It’s pretty amazing! I’m never without a book!
Terrific app but could use more sort/search options
I've been using the Kindle app for years and it is my preferred e-reader app. Pros: Well, there are so many, but mainly I like that I can obtain a book immediately and it doesn't take up any more space in my small house. I have all of my books available to me wherever I am so that I can read whatever I want wherever I want. (No more wishing I would have brought a different book or finishing a book and not having another.) When at the grocery store, I can look at a recipe in one of my many cookbooks on Kindle to see what I need to buy to make it. Backlighting, font, and size options mean I can read even if I've forgotten my reading glasses or have difficulty reading the publisher's chosen font. Even if I have a physical version of a book, I often also get a Kindle version. Cons: Searching is either of a book title (when in the library) or specific content (from within a book only). I would like to be able to search for specific content or content that I've highlighted or bookmarked within a collection or even the whole library. I have so many Kindle books now that I sometimes have trouble remembering where I've seen some content, as I often have quite a few books on one subject. Also, I would like to have more options for arranging my books. Physical books I can arrange on a shelf in any order I please. That cannot be done with the Kindle app.
The Kindle App Turned Me into a Book Worm!
Until the Kindle App I could never finish a book. Not sure if it was a physical book’s white glaring background behind the black print or the fact that I was always made aware of how many pages I had left to finish the book that caused me to not read much. However when my daughter told me about the Kindle App and how I could make the print larger, change the background and text color, look up statistics about each character (when they are first introduced into the story and who they were, and where in the book they appear each time) I was anxious to try it. All it took was ONE book and I was hooked. Tailoring the Kindle App settings to my personal preference for easy reading was a HUGE advantage in my mind. I would finish EVERY book I started just because reading - period - was just so pleasant since I had the settings tailored to my liking - black background with white or sepia letters and large print in column style. My eyes NEVER got tired with this setting. A physical book was a completely different story for me. My eyes tired quickly and would start stinging even with my reading glasses. Since I was reading more books it helped me discover the type of books I REALLY loved reading. At the end of each book you get suggestions for more books like the one you just read. I highly recommend the Kindle App!
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 169.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.