White Noise Storm
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you sleep better when it's storming out? From the creators of the extremely popular White Noise application comes Storm Edition. Now you can sleep or relax to the sounds and visuals of your perfect storm!
Do you want light or heavy rain? Slow or fast wind? Thunder off in the distance or close up and intense? How about somewhere in between? Customize your storm in an infinite number of ways.
- Completely randomized storm effects making no two storms the same.
- High quality stereo sounds with thunder rendered at different 3D positions for a truly unique experience.
- Background audio allows you to use other apps
- Slider controls for finding the perfect blend of storm elements.
- Not only hear your perfect storm but see it in the storm simulator. Lightning goes along with the thunder. Rain falls based on its distance, intensity, and wind. The clouds move and flash white when the thunder rumbles.
- Storm window can overlay the current time. Tap the storm window to enable.
- Full screen digit sleep clock perfect for any nightstand
- All storm settings are remembered for the next time you listen to your perfect storm.
- Timer allows for storm sounds to be turned off automatically saving battery life. Click the Info button at the top right to access the timer controls.
- Audio fader lowers volume during last minute of timer so you won't wake up abruptly.
- Alarm buzzer will be sure to wake you up after a quick power nap. It slowly raises the volume so you won't be jolted awake.
- Application exit will quit the application to save even more battery life.
- All timer features are optional and all timer settings remembered.
Relax. Sleep Better. Feel Better.
What's New in Version 5.4.2
THIS FREE UPDATE BROUGHT TO YOU BY COMPULSIVE—A NEW PUZZLE GAME THAT WILL EXERCISE YOUR BRAIN! Just tap the Web button for a free download! In this release:
- Clock based timers are now rescheduled immediately after they are processed
- Added Sleep Brightness setting, which restores the last brightness used when enabled
- Added 24 hour time setting
- Added auto play setting
- Added Resume Play on Snooze setting
- Added "None" for snooze option, which hides the snooze button
- Other fixes and improvements
There are many great (and not so great) apps that play storms. And many that let you mix your own storms (along with many other sounds.) I use and enjoy a number of them. Especially on the weekends when I like it a bit rowdy. But I always come back to this one as my weeknight sleep aid.
What makes this app unique is it's ability to control the range of FX randomization. I run it through a quality sound system in my bedroom and, besides never hearing the same mix twice, it sounds excellent! Smooth without sounding like warning sirens might go off at any moment! ;-)
Sorry it's taken so long for me to write this review. Thanks!
The best storm for my buck⚡
This app has a lot of options that let me create the perfect storm. NOT one of those apps that you will scroll across on your iDevice a few months from now and say, "Well, THAT was a waste of money."
I used this once with my iPhone connected to a speaker system for a Sunday School class where the subject was Acts chapter 27 (a white-knuckled first person account of a roman ship caught in a killer storm). I amped up the wind and thunder through the lesson. The effect on everyone was pretty amazing; they said it was quite an experience.
I've heard better
Have had a hard time with noise adjustments-- Controls are for sound levels (loud and soft) rather than controlling the quality of the sound. Wish it were more like"hard rain" " drizzle on car window" etc. instead you can make a gale force wind sound loud or soft. The "far away/close" control seems completely ineffective. Part of my job is sitting with sound engineers editing sound for film so I'm pretty sure it's not just me. I listen to it while i write but I think I need to keep looking.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 17, 2013
- Version: 5.4.2
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TMSOFT
- © TMSOFT LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.