By Beehive Innovations Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** SALE - 50% OFF - Limited time offer **
** App of the Year 2015 ** - Macstories
GTD®, XYZ and everything in between - it can handle it all. Seriously.
See and believe: Youtube.com/The2DoApp
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
** NEW **
Email to 2Do: Optional plugin that allows you to integrate your email address directly with 2Do, thus allowing you to email yourself tasks from anywhere.
• “Best App Ever Awards” Winner
• Cult Of Mac - 5/5
• Gizmodo "Best app for forgetful people" - Gold Medal
• Apple - App of the week, June 2015
• Apple - Featured in “App Store Essentials”, "Great apps for iOS 8", "@Work"
• Apple - Mac App Store “Get Stuff Done”
• Apple - Mac App Store “Best of 2013”
iOS 9 Ready:
• Multi-tasking support for iPads
• Spotlight Search
• 3D Touch home screen shortcuts and task previews
• iPad Pro ready
• Stay in sync using one of the following: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), Toodledo, Fruux (CalDAV), Calendar Server (CalDAV), ownCloud (CalDAV), SabreDAV (CalDAV) or a 3rd party CalDAV Server of choice.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync enables Siri
• Periodic automatic backups are created for you (compatible with 2Do for Mac) for a rainy day.
• Automatic Push sync between devices
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
• Assign multiple alerts
LIST GROUPS, LISTS, INBOX & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Built-in support for GTD Inbox
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Control the amount of information you wish to see with a simple pinch-to-zoom gesture, from single line titles to multiple lines of titles, notes and tags.
BATCH EDITING & SHARING
• Drag & Drop support to move tasks between lists or drop on calendar to defer
• Batch tagging, starring, marking tasks done and more
• Task Sharing via AirDrop, iMessage and Email
REIMAGINED TASK EDITOR & QUICK ADD
• With focus on switching between editors effortlessly using a single tap only, you’ll save dozens of taps and swipes when editing your tasks.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you, by using Quick Add (Tap-hold on [+])
• X-callback-url support
• Manage tags from a dedicated Tags Panel
• Organize your tags within groups
• Leverage the powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks. • Find Used vs. Unused tags
YOUR TASKS UNLIMITED
• Set a Start Date to hide tasks from a list before they're relevant and add Duration to put an estimate on the amount of time you’ll be spending on your task
• Add an action to call, write an email or message, navigate or trigger a URL Scheme right from 2Do
• Attach an image or a voice memo to your tasks
• Attach locations to tasks and get nearby alerts as you approach assigned locations
DESKTOP-CLASS IPAD APP
• Your Lists, Tasks, Daily Summary and Calendar, including Calendar Events, can all be viewed and managed from the same screen.
• Keyboard shortcuts
APPLE WATCH APP
• Get to your tasks directly from your wrist
• TextExpander support
What's New in Version 3.8
This update brings tons of improvements, fixes, new features and tweaks that will make you smile:
* FEATURE: Brand new add-on: Email to 2Do. This is a one time only in-app purchase that will allow you to automatically capture and import emails and turn them into tasks. The add-on allows you to add multiple email accounts. Emails can be captured automatically based on a certain set of filters you specify. This opens doors to integration with IFTTT, Siri and other automation services. For those unconvinced, we’re so sure you’ll love it that it’ll come with a free trial period of 14 days.
* FEATURE: Tags can now be paused and resumed! Pausing a tag results in hiding all related tasks. This way, you can pause a ‘someday’ tag and effectively hide all tasks that have been tagged as ‘someday’. Pausing / resuming a tag is simple, simply swipe on a tag in the Tags panel to pause / resume. Read more about this on our blog: www.2doapp.com/blog/
* NEW: A new search preset that allows you to filter on paused tags: “type: paused” and similarly “type: !paused”. You can of course use this in any combo you like.
* NEW: There is a new button / indicator displayed on the right corner of the sort bar when hidden Paused tasks are available in the selected list. Tap to toggle their display. This way you don’t have to individually resume paused tags just to see those tasks - perfect for weekly reviews.
* NEW: Due time screen now allows users the ability to switch between the standard tumbler picker and a clock
* NEW: In the Due Time screen the bottom shortcut buttons turn into the four shortcuts you’ve set under Settings > Advanced > Default Due Time
* NEW: Various new keyboard shortcut for both iPad and iPhones. On the iPad tap and hold CMD to discover them. Checkout our online Knowledge Base for more information.
* NEW: Share sheet now supports setting a start date in addition to a due date
* NEW: A new search preset to filter on captured emails: “type: capturedmail”
* NEW: Two new search presets to filter on ‘Empty Projects’ and ‘Empty Checklists’ (i.e. projects and checklists without any sub-tasks): “type: emptyproj” and “type: emptychck”
* NEW: Task titles can now be modified to be less bold (Settings > Appearance > Font Size)
* IMPROVEMENT: CSV Export now uses the built-in Share sheet, thus allowing users to be able to share view other means (such as Airdrop, iMessage etc)
* IMPROVEMENT: Backups can now be shared using the built-in share sheet, and not just via email
* CHANGE: For consistency, List Group searching now does not include lists that are hidden.
* CHANGE: For consistency, App Badge for 'Today' now displays the count as displayed for the ‘Today’ list. This will include Starred / Overdue tasks if the Today list is set to include those too.
Many bug fixes and other improvements.
Simply the best
This app is not only the best task management app available, it's possibly the best iPhone app ever written. It has a beautiful, well thought out interface that is highly customizable to please even the most discerning user. You are never forced into a workflow conceived by a singular design plan by a development team that works differently than you. You can even change your workflow over and over as it evolves.
The updates to the app have always added incredible value while maintaining the core soul and feel of the original version. I've never seen a developer offer such incredible updates, no less for free. The developer is not only brilliant, but incredibly generous.
With all the acclaim this app has gotten, you still see the occasional disgruntlement. Apps need to be maintained and updated or they get left behind and eventually won't run within the os. You either see abandonware, or you see paid updates. I love paid updates because it means my developer can continue to support the product I love and depend on. For the reviewer complaining about the update to 2Do, go get a reality check.
Used to Love it... Not anymore
Started using 2do when it was first offered, and like too many apps - the application becomes ruined by the developers reinventing the wheel. Micro$oft and Apple were amongst the early adopters of the digital business strategy to get customers to continue to pay for the same product. We are all tired of upgrading into obsolescence. American products used to be proudly built to last a lifetime. Most of our favorite software has added so much unnecessary bloat that many of us yearn for the less is more previous versions. Most upgrades are either to fix a buggy product rushed to market, or reclaiming ownership from feared piracy. I liked 2do when it was a great, customizable, organizational aid. Now it has added so many features I never wanted and can't opt to leave out of the UI, such as the dates, and get things done, and location awareness...all presumably copied from competing apps to make this one more relevant... Quit while you are behind. Put it into a new app. I shouldn't have to continually attempt to change settings to make an app look and perform the way I liked it when I bought it. Keep taking it all away, no wonder so many pirate apps, the world is tired of throwing money away at products that completely change whether you like it or not!!!
By far the best
2Do is BY FAR the best task manager/GTD app available... and I've used them all: OmniFocus, Wunderlist, Todoist, Clear, Things, Trello, and even Apple's own Reminders app. Nothing comes close to the speed, flexibility, and utility of 2Do.
As far as I'm concerned, if something isn't fast, convenient, and efficient, then it probably won't get used. At a glance, 2Do might appear to be overly complex for a GTD app... but it's beauty is that it can be as simple or as deep as you need it. Enable "Inbox" mode in settings for an extremely fast and efficient GTD process. Enable additional lists, notes, labels, due dates, etc ONLY if and when you need them. If you don't, they stay out of your way. Turn on focus mode for distraction-free GTD focus - either for a particular list or EVERYTHING.
And best of all, the developers seem to really care about their app and customers. I've been using 2Do since the very beginning and it's undergone some huge changes, but always for the best. It gets faster, more attractive, more streamlined, and more flexible with each release. And never once has the 2Do team gotten greedy and asked me to buy their app a second time (unlike a particular inexplicably-popular app by The Omni Group). And at most you need only two versions... one for iOS (which is universal) and one for Mac. None of these "iPhone, iPad, AND Mac" shenanigans.
No matter what your needs are, 2Do is the last and only GTD app you need to buy. You won't regret it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 16, 2016
- Version: 3.8
- Size: 41.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Beehive Innovations Limited
- © 2009 - 2016 Beehive Innovations Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Email to 2Do$3.99
- Email to 2Do Plus$1.99