Tempo - Metronome with Setlists
By Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
67% off as part of Apple's Amazing Apps limited time promotion! Tempo is the bestselling and most accurate metronome on the App Store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. Same price as upgrading a free alternative. If you're going to demo free apps, why not give Tempo Lite a try?
Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries, and the top paid metronome app in most countries. Tempo's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
Tempo features an innovative interface that morphs between modes that each presents a different combination of functionalities optimized for the task at hand. Five modes are available on the iPhone: Basic, Preset, Setlist, Practice and Gig. On the iPad, Preset, Gig and Complete modes are available, the last providing access to all controls.
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
• Fullscreen display mode with gesture controls
• Store presets in multiple setlists
• Advanced setlist management including search, overwriting, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
• Quick editing
• Share setlists via email
• Backup via iTunes File Sharing
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Choose from 14 sound sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
• Voice counting
• Vibration mode
• Pan audio left, right or centered
• Volume control and mute button
• Control setlists, tempo and playback with AirTurn, iRig BlueBoard, PageFlip Cicada, headphones remote and other accessories
• Assign action to proximity sensor trigger
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches (calibration from A = 414 to 466 Hz)
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background, with audio from other apps
• Four color themes and 2 styles
• Theme Editor to create unlimited custom themes (iPhone only, coming to iPad later)
What's New in Version 3.7.5
iOS 9 Compatibility
Outperforms the iOS it's running on
I play drums for worship at a medium size church. I was heading down the highly populated road of worship drummers devoid of all situational awareness when I started using tempo about 8 months ago. I like things broken down for simplicity, but despise excessive detail that makes me forget what I was doing to begin with.
Tempo, being my first metronome, has been a very solid tool. All without shotgunning a graduate level education of their product down my brains. The song and setlist navigation is simple and convenient. I save all new songs to a "Library" setlist, which enables simple and quick modifications to our weekly run-sheets.
I use the display on my iPhone and iPad to change songs, which from all of my 8 months of learning to stay in time with a wood block, is not the preferred technique because I sweat and shake a lot. Consider a remote device for that reason if you have similar vitamin deficiencies!
All in all, I've tried "Metronome" and another app that has a click track type creation that you can try and put together for yourself and threw in the towel on that craziness after about 4 hours of confusion. In my "layman" opinion, the other apps I tried didn't live up to their self image.
Thanks, and sorry you had to read all that! God bless!
Tempo = Best
Best metronome out there. Tons of features including countdown timer, bar count, odd time signatures, customizable click sounds, and very editable/flexible set lists. I especially like the ability to display JUST the "dots" for use during a gig. Keeps the screen simple and easy to read on the fly. The ONLY thing missing is a training mode where the click would mute at random or at some set interval to help train timing. I have to use another app for that but if they would add that feature you'd never have to go anywhere! Well, one more wish list: A BPM analyzer that will give the current BPM coming through the mic in real time. That would be awesome! Still...you can't go wrong with Tempo.
I lost Silver Dial with my new phone update. I read this had various subdivisions and the ability to accent or mute beats so I bought it. Wish I could return it! You can only mute the large beats and use their pre-set subdivisions. Silver dial allowed up to 12 beats, and up to 8 subdivisions and I could mute ANY of them. Why does no one else do this? Otherwise this keeps time fine, but not worth the money IMHO.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 16, 2015
- Version: 3.7.5
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- © 2009-2014 Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Theme Pack$0.99
- Theme Editor$0.99