Tempo - Metronome with Setlists
By Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tempo is the bestselling and most accurate metronome on the App Store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. Same price as upgrading a free alternative. If you're going to demo free apps, why not give Tempo Lite a try?
Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries, and the top paid metronome app in most countries. Tempo's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
Tempo features an innovative interface that morphs between modes that each presents a different combination of functionalities optimized for the task at hand. Five modes are available on the iPhone: Basic, Preset, Setlist, Practice and Gig. On the iPad, Preset, Gig and Complete modes are available, the last providing access to all controls.
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
• Fullscreen display mode with gesture controls
• Store presets in multiple setlists
• Advanced setlist management including search, overwriting, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
• Quick editing
• Share setlists via email
• Backup via iTunes File Sharing
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Choose from 14 sound sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
• Voice counting
• Vibration mode
• Pan audio left, right or centered
• Volume control and mute button
• Control setlists, tempo and playback with AirTurn, iRig BlueBoard, PageFlip Cicada, headphones remote and other accessories
• Assign action to proximity sensor trigger
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches (calibration from A = 414 to 466 Hz)
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background, with audio from other apps
• Four color themes and 2 styles
• Theme Editor to create unlimited custom themes (iPhone only, coming to iPad later)
What's New in Version 3.7
• Native support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
• Bug fixes
This app is OUTSTANDING! I am a high school ban director and this has become my primary metronome for the classroom, practice room and marching field. It has all the features (and more) of the physical metronome I paid almost $200 for a few years ago. Adjustable accents, programmable set lists for easy tempo changes within songs, tap to test tempos, numerical definitions of common tempo terms and even the voice counter. The poor old Dr. just sits in a drawer now. Invaluable resource for an incredible price.
Tempo and Tempo Advanced
Great app. Only reason I did not rate 5 stars is because tempo advance can function as a metronome, but requires a little more adjustment to have click count the time signature you want. Also it would be great if you could sync multiple devices to a master click. Probably there is a way just I have let to find out how. All in all I both Tempo and Tempo Advanced both are great practice tools. Tempo Advance for practicing whatever poly rhythm you can think of and tempo for a good solid click. HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR YOUR PRACTICE SESSION!
I really enjoy using this app and find it to be one of the best! So easy to use and many features and options. I would only ask that the developers add more range to the tuning pitches. I would like to be able to have several more octaves for the tuning notes to match different instrument open strings such as a lower C and E for the cello and bass, and higher E for the violin.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 24, 2015
- Version: 3.7
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- © 2009-2014 Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Theme Pack$0.99
- Theme Editor$0.99