Easy UP/down Timers - Timer x 25
By Greg Morris
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy the flexibility of having 25 simultaneous counters and timers with both a scrolling view of multiple timers and a single view of one timer complete with tilt and shake control, timer linking, synchronization, and customized pictures and text.
These easy to use and highly configurable timers can count up or down (with audible alarms and visual alerts) and are great for use in the kitchen to keep track of individual food items cooking, when doing your exercise or gym routine, giving a business presentation or speech, logging time spent on projects for a client, washing/drying, playing a game, taking prescription medicine, driving your car, sports, hobbies, aviation and much more.
When you need to count down time for tasks you do often, just set up a unique timer for your task and keep reusing it without having to enter the time again - one advantage of having so many flexible timers.
• Each of the 25 timers can count up or down and contains status indicators (up, down, active, alert, linked), a customized title, and a custom picture to identify each timer from your photo album or the iPhone’s camera. Always see a running count of the number of active up and down timers. Timers that count up can start from any entered value. Reorder the timers as needed.
• Local notification alerts even when the app is not active on devices that support multitasking. Options to disable audible alerts and/or visual text alerts.
• Tilt and shake your device to be able to Start/Stop/Reset and increment/decrement time in the single timer view or display all the timers at once in a scrolling list view instead. In single timer view, see the current clock time as well as the expected time the countdown timer will reach zero.
• For countdown timers, choose from 30 alert sounds when time reaches zero or use your device’s microphone to record a custom alarm sound (The device does not support custom sounds in popup alerts). See the individual timer’s display flash in one of four colors and optionally add the ability for the entire screen to flash (silent alarm) or vibration on the iPhone. Each individual UP/down timer is independently configurable.
• Link one timer to another so that after it counts down to zero, it triggers another timer to either start counting up or also counting down. You can chain them together, or link one timer to itself for looping.
• Set up synchronized timers so that when you start/stop a “leader” timer, all “follower” timers will start/stop together. Enable/Disable a synchronized timer at any time or set a timer to be disabled after it is triggered so that it only goes off once.
• Email the current value and status of each timer.
• Each timer has Start/Stop and Reset/Clear buttons for easy control that are context sensitive. Use a numeric keypad to enter the countdown time.
• Choose from one of ten different background image themes for your timers (brushed metal, wood, tile, blue texture, red texture, pink stripes, black metal, halloween, christmas, and wet).
• Program settings include the ability to Stop/Reset/Clear all timers, start all ‘up’ timers, key clicks on/off, alarm volume, enable tilt/shake control, tilt sensitivity, shake sensitivity, replacing one timer with a clock, replace one timer with the sum of all UP timers, auto stop up timers (exclusive mode), show timer as decimal hours (normally hours : minutes : seconds), preventing the device from ever sleeping, preventing sleep only when actively counting down, popup background text alerts or audible alerts, disable reset/clear buttons, and help documentation.
• Retina display support.
• iPhone 5 / iPod touch (5th gen) support for the taller screen.
Please check out our Web site at www.EnergizeSoftware.com for a video demo of Easy UP/down Timers in action or to explore the other programs we offer.
What's New in Version 2.3
• Support for the iPhone 5 taller screen - display 5 timers at once.
• Added 5 additional alert sounds.
• Ability to display Timer#1 as the sum of all UP timers.
Superb Piece of Software
This timer/stopwatch has become one of my most-used apps on my phone overnight. I use it to time my reading. By using the leader/follower functionality, I have one timer that records my reading time for the current session, one that records my time for the day of the week, and one that shows my running total for the week. Yet another timer counts down my weekly goal for reading time and plays an alarm when I've reached it. Works beautifully and better than any dedicated reading timer I've used (and I've used them all).
On top of all that, it's been 100% reliable. In one month of use, I've yet to experience a glitch of any kind.
One suggestion: A sliding toggle to indicate whether a timer's Start button is enabled would prevent "following" timers from being accidentally started. In my set-up, there's only one Start switch I ever want activated. I'm sure there are others with the same need.
Great timer app
This timer is the best one that I found for my needs, including meditation. It is flexible and provides great capability in setting up sequential timers. I have tried a lot of timer apps and this one is the best!
Helps both sides of me get stuff done
Most powerful app of its kind, helps me manage my time like a taskmaster while I lose myself like an artist in the details of each task. Tres useful !!!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 31, 2012
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 16.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Greg Morris
- © 2009-2012 Energize Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.