Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.34.1
Welcome to Skype for iPhone.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you. Here's what's new:
Use Skype for international calls? Well, we've just made things a lot easier for you by introducing the ability to edit the country code or the '0' with ease!
General feature improvements
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We're listening!
User experience: the term for an engineer who tunes the human user interface for maximum productivity. It is also the name of the engineer who is sorely missing from this development team.
This application really needs help. Some of the things I find our incredible even though I have seen these issues some time ago:
-there is no way to figure out your own phone number without calling somebody else. Even when you have paid to keep the same number.
-there is no straightforward way to add a contact. You are forced to search first. How can you search for something you don't have?
-Finding the dial pad is incredibly difficult. First you have to click the cell phone's icon and then there is a tiny phone pad at the top of the screen. It does not allow standard editing once you have typed the number.
-history screen mixes phone chats and calls indiscriminately. These are two completely different things. SMS could indeed be mixed with chats
-attempting to get forced successfully onto the Microsoft authentication platform was a disaster. I religiously use a password manager and nothing I had saved work. I had to reset and even though I tried to keep this account separate it somehow linked it also to my older email address that has a Microsoft account already.
Call quality is excellent. I haven't seen an application crash either.
I understand the challenges here as a software developer. But it is no excuse for making zero improvements.
When first looking at it, Skype doesn't see like an app that is worth it. However, this is the only time I'll ever review an app and that is simply because of all of the incredible things skype has done for me. Whether if it was able to give me time with friends that live hours away or simply able to make the long distance part of the relationship a little more bearable. It allowed me to now only fall in love with my first love and an incredible girl, but with out it I wouldn't be nearly the person I am today. Even though we broke up earlier this year, Skype allowed me to have the best relationship I have been in which lasted 16 months over skype and 8 more in person. So I guess what I have to say is thank you. I don't use you that much now but u meant the world for me and deserve a thank you.
I use this to make voice calls everyday and I'm extremely pleased with the sound quality. I think on similar Internet connections whatsapp and Facebook messenger calls are horrible in comparison.. The video calls are also great quality and now with easy to use group voice n video, I'm very happy.. Video chatting with folks with low internet speeds also seems to work seamlessly- no pixilated view and no framing/ hanging.. Calls don't get dropped. Also love the Skype to phone calling feature
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 28, 2017
- Version: 6.34.1
- Size: 133 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99