Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPhone – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.3
- Full iOS9 compatibility.
- Reply to Skype notifications without needing to open Skype.
- Start chats with Skype contacts directly from Spotlight search.
Does its Job, but the lack of stars is for the development team
I am not sure why or what Microsoft is doing behind the scenes, but it's as if they are purposely failing at any product and app they are building. Just one example here, what are they (the developers) thinking about having 2 contact books, either from the phone or from within Skype? Is there a purpose to this? Are they thinking iOS may hijack the Skype contacts? Then upon saving a number to a name, it's not editable, it can't be added to an existing name (which some people in this century can and may have more than 1 number). Bewildering it's as if the developers are living in 1995, instead of 2 decades forward. I am on a crusade writing these mean reviews but Microsoft needs to open their eyes and clean up their act, before they run out of people that are willing to tolerate their inadequacies.
Huge flaw just cost me $200
When you want to call a number with Skype credit you get redirected to your contacts. There you see your contacts and a phone icon all the way to the right. If you want to call with Skype credit you SHOULD NOT click that icon, if so the call goes through the phone. I am traveling and yesterday I made 3 long distance calls on roaming. SKYPE, is it not logical that if I open Skype to make a call I want to use my Skype credit? Or you should have a message like: this call is going trough your phone line, charges might apply.
Second huge issue is the country codes. So complicated!
This app c*ckblocked me, 1 star
When my phone decided to stop working, Skype was my only way to contact my girlfriend. Recently, I decided to go up and spend the night with her (it's an hour and a half drive), so I had to coordinate with her via Skype.
I didn't get any Skype messages from her for well over 24 hours after I tried to get in touch with her. She says she also didn't get any of the dozens of messages I sent, and I know I didn't get any of the dozens of messages she says she sent to me.
Thanks to Skype's horrible malfunctioning, I didn't get to see my girlfriend this weekend. She even bought a new pack of Trojan Magnums, but Skype decided that it would be better not to let us use them.
Thanks to Skype, I wasn't able to get into contact with my girlfriend for a long time, at the worst possible time.
Thanks to Skype, I won't be getting any this weekend.
I'm never using this wretched app again, if I can help it. It's earned this one-star rating from me.
I hope they can get the servers to work better in the future, but until then, I'm going to be relying on text messages. As soon as I buy a new phone...
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 02, 2015
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 85.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99