It’s your TV. Take it with you. Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices, anywhere—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices!
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels!
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content.
• See what’s playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more with the DIRECTV remote widget*
• Have an Apple Watch? Use it to control your TV!
Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
• iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 9+
• DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access DIRECTV for iPhone
•Core app functionality requires use of your location data and Public IP address
• Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires DIRECTV & AT&T Mobility postpaid data service or an eligible prepaid monthly plan. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Apple TV Mirroring Disabled
So. The main reason I went with Direct was the ability of the app for tv mirroring. That way we didn’t need cables run to places such as outdoor living areas / porches. Was also convenient for business travel - connect phone/iPad to hotel tv, and have home programming/recordings available! However, tv mirroring was disabled last fall and you get a warning to disable “on screen recording.” At the time, when it first was disabled, tech support was CLUELESS, and after some research I figured out what was going on. Called back and explained and told “oh it must be a glitch in new app update, next update it will come back.” No need over the winter, but with spring getting outdoor places / TVs going again, but noooo, mirroring is still disabled. In addition to this inconvenience, when we had Direct installed, was quick since we did not have cables run to remote outdoor locations and some bedrooms. After mirroring was disabled, called to have cables run, but now it will cost more since we already had initial install! What? Had Direct been up front and not changed their service, this would not be needed! As soon as contract is up, switching to a cable service that allows for tv mirroring. This bait and switch is total rubbish!
Selecting a TV show or movie.
So it fair for my comments I think I should say I’ using the app on and iPhone 6 that’s using the iOS version 11.2.1. With out making the thumbs nails smaller I’m not sure how you get more on the screen, but as I’m seeing four of every category then as I try and skip ahead with in the category it will only load the next 3 the get hung up and then spend thirty to sixty seconds trying to reconnect. So the app can reload the same thumb nails. Happens a lot in the Live category. I am only make the assumption that it is updating the app because live TV is that. Live TV, so it must update. Yet, it is very annoying. I watch a certain sport show that’s broadcast live on the app starting at 9:00 AM CST and ends at 12:00CST and and once it’s going J don’t have that many issues, but with the constant reloading of the thumbnails makes me be like a ninja swiping from right to left trying to reach my TV show before it makes the decision to reset and then start the list over. That’s is really frustrating. I have more, but I’m sure people have fallen asleep by now.
Nothing comes close
Being able to live around the United States in so many different places experiencing all that there is, there’s no other experience better than DirecTV and AT&T.
Both are the dominant leaders in each market not only because of their strive to do what is best for their customers in part by what they have to offer, but by the uncompromising level of customer service they bring to the table over and over and over again.
Other networks say they do this and do that only to truly be hypocritical of others in so many ways, but I’m my experience in many years now in service we have been given the red carpet treatment through and through.
There isn’t a cable company, nor cell phone carrier that’ll ever be able to give
you the quality customer care that you’ll be given within Directv and At&t.
Not Comcast, not Verizon, not Charter, DEFINATELY NOT LIARS AND STEALERS SPRINT, not anyone.
To be fair, At&t back in the day experimented with using third party contractors which I believe led to loss of customer base, so years recently in the area I live in currently the contractors are now all At&t employees and the service now rendered is a ten fold turnaround. So if you were an unlucky victim of those third party hacks, try back soon and you’ll see a change of the way business with them is done. We did, and so, our venture with both At&t and Directv has been a marvelous one.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.