Fandango Movies – Times & Tickets
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Fandango - the #1 movie ticketing app. Get the latest showtimes, guarantee tickets, and check out trailers, videos and Fandango original series – all at your fingertips.
New in 6.9:
• Now you can sign in to Fandango VIP to score insider perks like free movie screenings, digital downloads, special discounts and more. Because every VIP deserves the red carpet treatment.
Browse Movies + Theaters:
• Filter movies by genre, MPAA rating & format, including IMAX & 3D
• With Fandango VIP, save your favorite theaters & movies and score insider perks like free movie tickets, digital downloads, special discounts and more
• Watch high-quality trailers, exclusive interviews & browse movie photos
• Read Fandango fan ratings & reviews and movie scores from Metacritic
• Find theaters using the iOS location feature, view them in a list or map & get directions
• View movie times, MPAA ratings, synopses, run times & director & cast lists
• Find theater amenities (Reserved Seating, Mobile Ticket, etc.)
• Can’t make your movie? With Fandango’s all-new Worry-Free Tickets, return or exchange your tickets for a refund or Fandango credit
• With your Fandango VIP account you can safely store your credit card for faster purchases & find your purchase history
• Save your Fandango partner theater rewards cards & earn points
• Tap Go Now to find a movie playing near you within the next hour
• Add your Mobile Ticket barcode to Passbook (look for the Mobile Ticket icon to find participating theaters; iPhone/iPod Touch iOS 6+ only)
• Go straight to the ticket-taker to have your barcode scanned with Mobile Ticket (Participating theaters only; look for the Mobile Ticket icon)
• With Apple Watch, easily view your countdown-to-showtime clock or directions to the theater and head straight to the ticket taker to have your Mobile Ticket barcode scanned directly from your wrist (for participating theaters only)
Share + Sync:
• Rate + Review movies from the app & share with other Fandango users via Facebook, Twitter and Google+
• Don’t miss out on exclusive deals, the hottest trailer releases, breaking news & more! We’re now delivering what you need to know directly to your in-app Mail Box
• Want an alert when you have new messages? Set your preferences to receive push notifications
• Sign in to Fandango VIP to score insider perks like free movie screenings, digital downloads, special discounts and more. Don’t have an account yet? Create one now to save your details for faster checkout.
Extras for iPad:
• Tap in to The Pulse for a real time snapshot of what’s selling on Fandango
• Scroll through photos & videos– all optimized for iPad’s retina display
By downloading, installing & using this App, you agree to
Purchase Policy (http://www.fandango.com/PurchasePolicy.aspx)
Thanks for using our app! We appreciate your feedback and would love to hear from you. Send suggestions and issues to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 6.9
We’ve made your moviegoing experience even better with our latest update:
• Now you can sign in to Fandango VIP directly from the app to score insider perks like free movie screenings, digital downloads, special discounts and more. Because every VIP deserves the red carpet treatment.
App is ok, customer service is terrible
Fandango's customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. I never write reviews but took the time out to warn others.
I attempted to buy tickets for a movie the next day, at 5:40 pm. The app made me sign in, then defaulted to that day's date without me changing anything. I bought the tickets with the wrong date (yes I know I should have triple checked but already looked to verify the date early in the process). I called shortly after I bought them and tried to exchange them for the tickets the next day, however they said since I bought them less than 90 minutes from the movies start time they would not do anything. I explained the wrong date was errantly selected and I made the purchase less than an only 30 minutes prior. They said there was nothing they would do, but added "have a nice day" to rub it in. Thanks for nothing fandango, I will never go through you again and tell everyone I can not to either.
apple watch display time too short for scanner
Today I had the first chance to use my apple watch rather than my iPhone to scan into my local Cinemark Theater. The setup worked much as on the iPhone BUT there was a bit of a snag. Every time I put my arm down for the scanner to read, the display would power off! Took 3 tries to get it to read. This is just a matter of Apple allowing an app to set a power off for a bit longer programmatically. I do have my watch set to stay on for 70 seconds BUT it still, by design, powers down the instant it sense my arm dropping.
Works well, supports passbook.
Nice to have electronic ticketing all the way through now!
I've actually taken my five star review and made it a three star review. I did this primarily because fandango stopped caring about the user experience. Ads are seemingly the most important component of the application, at least to the management team responsible for the app.
As a result, a simple search for a movie is constantly interrupted by ads for movies other than the one I just clicked on. An attempt to load a passbook movie pass results and you asking me for a rating.
It's apparent that some of the people responsible for the bad decisions in the design of this app as it exists now don't actually have to use it. It's really a shame that this app has declined in user experience quality so far. It actually used to be really good. I pay enough in ticket premiums that this sort of shenanigans shouldn't be necessary.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 16, 2015
- Version: 6.9
- Size: 28.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Fandango
- © Copyright 2009-2015 Fandango. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.