Fandango Movies - Times + Tickets
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download Fandango - the #1 movie ticketing app. Get the latest showtimes, guarantee tickets, browse Rotten Tomatoes® scores and watch trailers.
Start using Fandango for iMessage:
1. First, make sure you’ve installed the latest versions of the Fandango app and iOS 10.
2. Open iMessage, tap into a conversation or start a new message, and tap the App Store icon to expose available app extensions.
3. If you don’t see Fandango in your available apps, make sure Fandango is switched by selecting ‘Store’ and then the ‘Manage’ tab.
4. That’s it! Now you’re ready to browse showtimes and buy tickets with friends.
Browse Movies + Theaters:
• Discover new movies, sign up for FanAlerts, browse showtimes and buy tickets without ever leaving iMessage.
• Instantly see what’s in theaters and upcoming ticket purchases from your iOS Today widget.
• Filter movies by genre, MPAA rating & format, including IMAX & 3D.
• Save your favorite theaters & movies and score insider perks like free screenings, digital downloads, discounts and more with Fandango VIP.
• Find theaters using iOS location features, view them in a list or map & get directions.
• View theater amenities (Reserved Seating, Mobile Ticket, etc.).
• Navigate, share & favorite with peek and pop functionality for 3D touch phones.
• Activate PayPal One Touch and checkout from home or on the go with the click of a button.
• Going to the movies with a group? Split the purchase with friends and get paid back with PayPal.
• Scan your credit card with your phone’s camera and instantly purchase movie tickets.
• Can’t make your movie? Return or exchange your tickets up until posted showtime for a refund or Fandango credit. Only with Fandango VIP.
• Save your Fandango partner theater rewards cards & earn points.
• Tap Go Now to find a movie playing near you within the next 90 minutes.
• Add your Mobile Ticket barcode to Passbook (participating theaters only; look for the Mobile Ticket icon; iPhone/iPod Touch iOS 6+ only).
• Go straight to the ticket-taker to have your barcode scanned with Mobile Ticket (participating theaters only; look for the Mobile Ticket icon).
• With Apple Watch, view your countdown-to-showtime clock or directions to the theater and head straight to the ticket-taker to have your Mobile Ticket barcode scanned directly from your wrist (participating theaters only).
Share + Sync:
• Rate + Review movies from the app & share with other Fandango users via Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
• Access your account and safely authorize purchases with touch ID.
• We’re now delivering what you need to know directly to your in-app mailbox. Don’t miss out on exclusive deals, the hottest trailers & more!
• Link your Disney Movie Rewards account directly to your Fandango VIP account and earn points for seeing Disney movies.
• Use Apple Pay at checkout for faster and more secure ticket purchases.
Extras for iPad:
• Tap in to The Pulse for a real time snapshot of what’s selling on Fandango.
• Scroll through photos & videos – all optimized for iPad’s retina display.
Thanks for using our app! We appreciate your feedback and would love to hear from you. Send suggestions and issues to: email@example.com
What's New in Version 8.6
Level up movie night with our latest updates for iPhone, iPad and iMessage.
•Checkout with just one click and faster than ever with Paypal One Touch.
•We’ve ditched the glitches to make your moviegoing experience easier than ever.
The service fee is too much!
The whole movie is $10. That allows me to sit inside a climate controlled facility with restrooms for a couple hours and be entertained by a large screen and state of the art sound system in a nice comfy chair and watch the latest film. Now fandango charges $2 to be able to buy the ticket only first and it's more work to go through everything online than at the box office. So the $2 in my eyes is to basically reserve seats and know you have tickets in hand before you drive to the theatre as opposed to going there and then finding out the movie time you want is sold out. Because the $2 is not justified by any service or amenity other than pre-arrival ticket purchases. For that reason I give fandango 4 stars. The app is way better than using the website or I would give it 3 stars.
Picking seats is a hassle
So if I'm in the process of purchasing tickets for let's say a dine-in theater why is it I have start from scratch when the showing I want isn't available which you don't show until I pick the number of tickets. This process is backwards. It should be 1) movie 2) number of tickets 3) time 4) theaters with available tickets for that showing or at least remember the number of tickets I put in because it's not going to change if I have to change the time or theater I'm going to or even the day. Then there's the whole can't give a refund when purchasing online or through the app thing which also doesn't make any sense to me and finally a service fee. Why? It's all computer driven no person involved. So why do we have to pay extra for that. Fandango needs to make this app more consumer friendly.
Better than the AMC app imo
I downloaded the app when I started going to midnight premieres many years ago. Back then, the AMC app was terrible and you couldn't NOT buy tickets in advance for something like a first showing. Even though AMC has since updated their app, I still prefer Fandango. My theater is now doing reserved seating so now I have to buy in advance even when I'm not going to the first showing of a movie. Anyway, Fandango always has my back.
PS I noticed a lot of people complaining about the $3 convenience fee but mine is always waived because I have a stubs account with AMC. Look into it, I think it's like $15 a year, which is a steal in my opinion.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 30, 2017
- Version: 8.6
- Size: 81.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Fandango
- © Copyright 2009-2017 Fandango. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.