iCab Mobile (Web Browser)
By Alexander Clauss
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. It is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages (Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites).
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected. Supports many third-party Password Manager Apps as well.
There’s a built-in fully customizable filter feature. It allows to block resources, ads, banners, user tracking scripts, cookies etc. Supports AdBlock Plus/EasyList filters as well.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
In this mode, you can have two browsers side by side on the iPad. This is especially useful on the large iPad Pro.
The App is also accessible for visually impaired and blind users. If VoiceOver is enabled, the App plays soft ticks while a page is loading, so blind users are able to identify when the page load has finished.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names
- Cookie Manager
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- URL autocompletion
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- Page-Compression is supported to save bandwith.
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
The App includes a store providing several InApp purchases. These are meant as a tip jar. The InApp purchases are available for different prices, so you can pick the amount for the tip yourself. Doing so will unlock a few cool features as a reward, these are always the same, regardless of the amount of the tip. Users who have purchased the App within the last 12 months do get all these features for free, no need to buy one of the InApp purchases. Though they can nevertheless give me a tip, if they want to... ;-)
What's New in Version 9.10.5
- Under iOS 11 it is now possible to pick TLS 1.3 as minimum version for secure connections (Attention: right now most web sites do not yet support this)
- Bugfix: The Export/Import feature via WLAN does work again
- Fixes a few smaller issues
Finally a replacement for Atomic Web
This is quite honestly one of the best browsers for iOS out there right now. It has incredibly granular customization and doesn’t feel like a gimped desktop browser, unlike the mobile versions of Firefox & Chrome. I’ve been looking for something to fill the browser sized hole left in my heart after Atomic Web stopped updating, and this is definitely it.
One thing I will say is, some people might not be willing to take the $2 leap of faith, maybe offer a free version with locked features?
Definitely my new daily mobile browser!
Probably the closest thing to desktop browser.
This app, saved my iPad experience. It’s download manager and Files folder are GODSENDS for downloading content. There is even an inbrowser ad block in the form of a filter on the iCab website.
The only downside to this app is that the UI is GOD AWFUL. You won’t ever find the greatness in this app unless you bother to change the very flexible UI to your liking. The only things that I would change are the reading mode and the weird UI.
iCab Mobile is the best web browser‼️
I've used iCab Mobile for years and it is superb. I love it so much I immediately made all three in-app purchases based on previous versions' superbness. Now you can give an optional tip for iCab Mobile and I gave the largest recommended one.
The browser is extremely flexible but is easy to use without a lot of fiddling with configuration settings.
Get iCab Mobile; you'll love it!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 13, 2017
- Version: 9.10.5
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Alexander Clauss
- © 2017 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade plus Generous Tip$2.99
- Upgrade plus Extra Generous Tip $5.99
- Upgrade plus Tip$1.99