Proloquo2Go - Symbol-based AAC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Proloquo2Go is an award-winning symbol-supported communication app providing a voice to over 125,000 individuals who cannot speak. It is designed to promote growth of communication skills and foster language development through research-based vocabularies. Its innovative features provide support for parents, teachers and therapists to implement AAC best practices.
“Users can open Proloquo2Go and begin to use it for effective communication immediately.” – Susan Berkowitz, MS-SLP, AAC Consultant.
Proloquo2Go is one of the few AAC apps that covers all users, from beginning to advanced communicators, while catering for a wide range of fine-motor, visual and cognitive skills.
The Crescendo™ vocabulary offers three vocabulary levels in 23 different grid sizes. Users can easily transition as language skills expand while customizations are retained. Core words appear in the same location across folders to support learning through motor planning. Proloquo2Go and the Crescendo™ vocabulary are available in English and Spanish, with support for bilingual use you can instantly switch between languages at any time.
• Choose from 3 vocabulary levels and 23 grid sizes ranging from 9 to 144 buttons on the screen
• Access 4,750 unique words out of the box and another 7,250 pre-categorized words in storage
• Select your vocabulary language: English (American, British or Australian) and/or Spanish (North American or Castilian)
• Use VocaPriority™ to quickly customize to user interest without deleting or creating buttons
• Pick from over 20,000 SymbolStix symbols or use your photos
• Create and move buttons, modify appearance (color, font, border, etc.) and adjust spacing
• Transition with minimal re-customization between vocabulary levels as the user’s skills grow
• Support learning through motor planning with consistently located core words
• Benefit from configurable English and Spanish grammar support for nouns, pronouns, verbs and adjectives
• Create consistent activities using activity templates pre-designed for 23 grid sizes
• Configure Message Window and buttons with symbols and text or text-only
• Use the configurable PolyPredix™ word prediction in Typing View
• Share messages through Mail, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and copy/paste
• Make quick choices using Popups
• Configure to Auto-Close popups after making a selection
• Simplify navigation with automatic Snapback to Home or Previous
• Download free natural-sounding TTS voices, including 10 genuine children’s voices and 3 bilingual English-Spanish voices
• Pick from 24 American, 10 British, 4 Australian, 1 Scottish and 1 Indian English voices, or 3 Castilian and 4 North American Spanish voices
• Enjoy ExpressivePower™ with prerecorded expressions and sounds
• Use Hold Duration and Select on Release to compensate motor challenges
• Access with a switch using built-in configurable (auditory) scanning
• Use with Apple’s Switch Control and VoiceOver
Classroom and therapy support
• Start simple and expand vocabulary as needed with minimal effort
• Customize vocabulary and settings per student with multi-user support
• Share folders between users and devices
• Contact our support team 24/7 by email or Facebook
• Learn using in-app help, online e-learning videos, or downloadable manual and tutorials
• Connect with peers on our private Facebook groups
Apple Watch app
• Use Apple Watch as a single switch for Proloquo2Go on the iPhone
• Use Apple Watch as a communication tool with pre-programmed phrases and a sentence builder
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/proloquo2go
Discounts are available through Apple’s educational Volume Purchase Program.
What's New in Version 4.1
Proloquo2Go is now one of the few completely bilingual AAC systems thanks to its new Spanish Crescendo™ vocabulary.
You can configure your vocabulary in English, Spanish or both with the ability to switch instantly between languages at any time, even mix languages mid-sentence. Now AAC users that are immersed in different languages at home, work or school will have the opportunity to develop their communication abilities in both English and Spanish and more effectively communicate through all aspects of their lives.
While the Spanish Crescendo™ vocabulary has been optimized for Spanish, it retains the same hierarchy as English, making skills like navigation and categorization easily transferable between languages. And with the option to sync buttons between languages you can keep both languages up-to-date, with automatic translations for buttons that are part of the Crescendo™ vocabulary.
Proloquo2Go 4.1 treats Spanish as a first class citizen, with all the powerful features that you love from the previous English-only versions:
• Crescendo™ vocabulary with 23 pre-designed grid sizes and 3 vocabulary levels
• Motor planning support with core words in the same places along folders
• Configurable access to all Spanish grammar
• Two regional vocabulary variants, Castilian and North American Spanish
• Three bilingual North American English-Spanish voices that will allow you to switch seamlessly between languages keeping your voice and accent, including 2 children voices
• Four additional Spanish voices: 3 Castilian and 1 North American
All of this is included for free, no in-app purchase, no new app. For all of you that have been asking for Spanish support during the last 2 years, here it is and thank you for your patience. We sincerely believe the wait was worth it, we hope you feel the same way.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 30, 2015
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 455 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: AssistiveWare B.V.
- © 2008-2015 AssistiveWare
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.