By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.17.20
• You can now ask Siri to read your latest messages (iOS 10.3+)
• Visual improvements to the Calls tab, Contact Info and Group Info screens
• In the My Updates screen, you can now select multiple statuses at once and forward or delete them
• Support for Persian
Hanging after scrolling for a while
I have been using Whatsapp for four years now, and have never faced any problem whatsoever. However, over the last one week, I have been facing some problem with scrolling. The scrolling seems to stop after a point on my chat list, and I'm unable to scroll after that point. Not only does the scrolling come to a stop, the app hangs too, and I need to shut down whatsapp in the app switcher and re-launch it (I use an iPhone SE handset). I have tried restarting my phone as well as reinstalling whatsapp. Nothing helped. I initially thought that there might be a problem with my handset, but strangely I haven't faced any problem with scrolling on any other app. Even scrolling through the whatsapp call list or contact list is smooth. I'm just not able to scroll through the recent chat list after a point and it seems to hang at a few specific chats every time. Could this be due to some virus? Please help!
This app does everything you need it to do from the messaging standpoint. It works the same as iMessage FaceTime or Internet phone calls. It's just as fast if not faster than using iMessage when sending and receiving. Do not listen to anyone saying that you do not want this app. I use it because I have many friends that live in Canada and it gets expensive using iMessage or phone calls because international calls are not free. Someone in the reviews said it ran their phone dead , obviously that person doesn't understand how to use their device in the first place. I have had it for two years and not one single problem has came from using it. Operator error is more than likely the problem with that person's issues. Learn what you're doing before you blame it on something that isn't even the reason.
Good app for keeping in touch internationally with family. Would like to have a "like feature though".
One complaint is the app continues to keep resetting the app on me. Also, when I used to turn off auto download of data and i would download within the app a picture or video, it would remain in the app. Now it downloads it to my camera roll, so I'm not inclined to use the app for pictures or videos anymore. And again, this continued reset is annoying!
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 21, 2017
- Version: 2.17.20
- Size: 135 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2017 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.