By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your 3G or WiFi (when available) to message with friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages. First year FREE! ($0.99 USD/year after)
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.
* MULTIMEDIA: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
* GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts. Add or Remove group participants, change group subject and set a group icon.
* PERSONAL: Set a profile photo which will be shown to all your contacts
* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.
* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
* AND MUCH MORE: Share location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once, and much much more!
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/iphone
or follow us on twitter:
WhatsApp on iPhone works with virtually all carriers and networks but some carrier limitations may apply. If you are on an Apple unsupported wireless carrier, double check our FAQ for up to date information on our coverage.
NOTE: WhatsApp is a telephony application and as such iPod or iPad are NOT supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.11.16
I prefer to use voice messages, so for those who don't have an iPhone like me, I need an app. I was on the HeyTell bandwagon when it first became popular, but more people now that I need to communicate with have switched to WhatsApp. Let me tell you, I can't stand it! The mic button being way off to the side makes it lose touch contact and cut off my message after 10 or so seconds (a similar problem that happens less often in iMessage). If I use my left finger instead, I can get SOME messages to last as long as 25 seconds! I know people like the full features of being able to choose voice or text in the same chat, and I can imagine that this would be very useful for international communication. But I would prefer a large "push to talk" button in the middle of the screen for ease of use on the go (which is what voice messaging is all about!). Whether it is a fully featured app like WhatsApp that can toggle between that and text and photo/video, or a simply beautiful interface with crystal clear audio like Cord (my preferred app that no one uses yet!), I don't much care AS LONG AS IT WORKS. I am so sick of sending strings of 20+ messages that were cut off after 10 seconds in the middle of a word!!
Good app but HORRIBLE support group.
I love the app for many reasons. I have chats with lots of people on them and at times that I am busy, when these large chats start going off, i can easily mute them and that is one reason why I have always stayed connected with whatsapp. Very recently, my phone was defected and I had to get a new one for that reason. I tried downloading whatsapp and restoring my chat history but I was unable to do so. So I decided to message the support group, oh my lord. I have been off of whatsapp for already over 15 days (keep in mind I am one to go on this app everyday, multiple times throughout my day) and they have not done more than just getting my model of my phone and a some other info and then vanish on me until I email them again. They have not done anything to help me out and I have mentioned that I needed to be on whatsapp ASAP. Not considerate at all. I am very disappointed in how they work with people that take the time to message them over and over explaining the same problem !
GOOD but could be BETTER!
I use this app to keep in touch with my husband in Jamaica. This is one of the better apps for communication if you have love ones abroad. I like the fact that you can text, voice chat and send pics/videos.
What I don't like is there seems to be a Privacy issue. I don't need anyone to know when I was last on. I might be in a noisy area or just cant really respond to all and will reach back to them later. But it causes confusion among love ones and friends who think your ignoring them. Or maybe a questions needs some thought and not a response at that time. This needs to be fixed.
The microphone button works when it wants to. It cuts you off a lot during your recording. You should be able to start to record and stop it when your done. This also needs to be fixed.
Why have the feature to make calls through the app when everyone can not? This is very annoying. When I'm out the country i can place calls but in the US where I live I can not. And please don't say its my phone provider because it is not. With wifi i can make calls through the app but not my phone line. So if its going to be a feature to use it should be used no matter where you are. Fix ASAP to improve your app thats already better than most.
Would love to give this app a 5 star rating but a lot of improvements still need to be done. And I'm so looking forward to seeing changes in the near future.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 03, 2015
- Version: 2.11.16
- Size: 36.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2015 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.