SPG: Starwood Hotels & Resorts
By Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the SPG app, you’ve got the power on iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
The new SPG app delivers a richer, more intuitive experience that’s loaded with the features you want. Not only do you get access to the 1,200 hotels and resorts of Starwood’s award-winning loyalty program, SPG, but you can explore our nine distinct hotel brands: Sheraton® Hotels & Resorts, Four Points® by Sheraton, W® Hotels, Aloft® Hotels, The Luxury Collection®, Le Méridien, Element® Hotels, Westin® Hotels & Resorts and St. Regis® Hotels & Resorts.
With the SPG app, you can connect to what you need, whenever you need it, including:
• Browse and book all 9 Starwood hotel brands with cash or Starpoints
• With SPG Keyless, check-in, get your room number and even unlock your door
• SPG account and program information
• Access to social networking channels and check-ins
• Save your SPG member card or stay cards to Passbook
• The latest SPG offers and promotions
• Hotel information related to your travel plans
• Information from each of our nine unique hotel brands
• Around-the-clock assistance from the SPG support team
• Store your hotel room number so you never lose it
• In-language addresses for when you’re traveling abroad
Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life so we encourage you use our app accordingly.
What's New in Version 5.6.4
This release has several improvements to SPG Keyless along with additional performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Sign in solution
If you're having problems signing into the app, log onto the website and change your password to letters and numbers only. Then try logging into the iPhone app again with your new password. It should work.
After spending time on the phone with three different reps, the IT department, and still having no resolution to getting a "wrong password" message when I tried to log into the app with my verified credentials, I suggested to the rep that I might need to remove the special characters. When I did that, my login worked.
Devs, this is a glaring oversight (not having the same qualifications for passwords on both the app and the website), and makes our accounts less secure. Please fix this in the next release!
Best Booking / Loyalty Reward Mgmt App
Without question, the SPG app is second to none when it comes to either hotel booking or loyalty rewards management. The latter being critically important to the frequent traveller, LRM is often overlooked by those just looking to book a room. If that's all you're after, try Priceline or Expedia. SPG's app is significantly more advanced and allows for complete control all the way down to keyless check in and room access at select properties. Without question, it's the best.
Best hotel application
This is definitely the best application of any hotel chains. Easy to navigate and use for finding hotels and booking. And you can use it for keyless entry to your rooms in selected hotels.
One suggestion for improvement: show rates when I switch from list to map view and click on a pin representing a hotel.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 09, 2015
- Version: 5.6.4
- Size: 88.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- © 2012 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.