Skeleton System Pro III - iPhone Edition
By 3D4Medical.com, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Developed by 3D4Medical in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine.
AS SEEN ON TV: This app is featured in Apple's iPad TV ad.
"Named by Apple as one of the top 5 medical iPad apps of 2011"
If you'd like to try one of our NOVA Series III apps, download our free app "Skeletal Head & Neck Pro III" from the Top Medical Free iPad Apps in the iTunes App Store.
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/skeletal_pro.php
The NEW Skeletal System Pro contains hundreds of improvements - here are a few:
• 360 horizontal degree rotation of any body part - with a swipe of your finger.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views.
• 94 animations of every movement of each articulation (e.g. flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, etc)
• 2 types of Quiz, Drag and Drop and Multi-choice.
• 596 audio pronunciations, for every label.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
• Color mapping of the skull and pelvis bones.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double Tap to Zoom - zoom into and identify any region, bone, skeletal area or ligament by tapping on the screen.
• Use your finger to Cut - slice skeletal areas for a coronal, sagittal and transverse cut view (where applicable) - use hints to learn how.
• Press the Scalpel - to add or remove up to 4 layers of connective tissue.
• Pins appear in both English and Latin.
• Double Tap again for additional Zooming - useful when there are multiple pins.
• Customize Pins - add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Customize the App - using the settings function the user can choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses etc…
The Skeletal System Pro III - includes the most in depth 3D skeleton ever developed, the ability to rotate, cut and get superior/inferior views all with the simple stroke of the finger.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select an item and the app will automatically zoom in and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas of the skeletal system to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries.
What's New in Version 3.7
The IOS 7 compatibility has been added.
This app is an amazing study tool! I've been using this app for a month now to help me study for my anatomy and physiology class. Just has my first midterm lab exam and did very well thanks to his app. The ability to create your own pins and create notes on any pin is very useful. You can also make/see the notes public. It also has a quiz feature that is incredibly useful, although it could benefit from a little more variety in the questions. Overall this is powerful learning tool and well worth the low cost. Every A&P student should get this app!
So far with every skeletal anatomy app, none have been as thorough and in depth as this one has. This is the only App I've seen that includes the features of the bones.
Med Student and Anatomy Tutor
Great stuff. I especially like the ability to fill in the ligaments. I recommend it to all the 1st years.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Oct 09, 2013
- Version: 3.7
- Size: 507 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 3D4Medical.com
- © 2013 3D4Medical.com, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.