MapQuest: Free Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MapQuest is your go-to app for live maps, GPS, voice navigation and live traffic updates. Whether you’re running a quick errand across town or taking a road trip across the country, MapQuest has the trusted directions and traffic info you need for stress-free navigation. Our app can route you around accidents, help with multi-stop directions and even has alternate routing capabilities, robust bookmarking options, and handy sharing features. MapQuest is here to help get you where you need to go, wherever life takes you.
With the MapQuest App, you can:
● Activate our membership-free roadside assistance directly from the menu and help you in the event of lockout, flat tires, fuel delivery, towing, and more.
● Get voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation walking or driving directions.
● Have peace of mind knowing we’re using the latest traffic data. Live traffic updates and automatic re-routing will help you get there on time.
● Choose from up to three different driving routes (when available) to get you to your destination most efficiently. We’ll take traffic, road closures, and more into account so you can choose the most optimal route.
● Impress your boss, family, and friends with an on-time arrival with our ETA (estimated time of arrival) and location sharing features.
● Bookmark your home and work addresses so you can find your way to either at the push of a button.
● Quickly search for nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like coffee, restaurants, gas, and more with our industry-first layers bar!
● Advanced search uses your contacts, recent searches, top categories, and nearby points of interest to help you find your destination faster.
● Save a few bucks when you click on nearby gas stations and view and compare their current gas prices.
● Browse menus and order food through our GrubHub partnership.
● Find a place to rest your head. Explore the area and book a nearby hotel directly from the app!
● Read Yelp reviews, pricing, and more on the go.
Join the millions of people that have already downloaded the free MapQuest app as their own personal navigator.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.7.1
• In-route navigation has never looked better! Get a heads-up on your next turn with a clearer on-map directive. In addition, the new and improved list view for your route automatically scrolls the now bolder turn-by-turn statements with your progress so the next maneuver is always easy to see.
• Knowledge is power! Learn more about a point of interest (POI) with the new, “Nice To Know” section from Yelp. Tap on a POI, then “more”, and “Nice To Know” on the POI details to expose information such as whether credit cards are accepted, wifi availability, ADA accessibility, kid-friendly options, and more.
• Make hotel booking a breeze. Simply select a hotel POI and tap “More…” to view amenities, check in/out times, availability, and book your stay directly from the app.
• Take a night off! View upcoming events at your favorite venues and buy tickets directly in our app.
• Can’t find what you’re searching for? Send us feedback directly from the search feature so we can improve your experience in the future.
• Make your MapQuest app ads-free in 2015! Renew or purchase for $3.99.
• We’re starting the new year off right with tons of squashed bugs and subtle enhancements. Enjoy!
Distracting app, frustrating to get started
I've been using this app for a few years now, but someone really needs to update the pronunciation so that it is correct within this app. "Left" always sounds very similar to "right" and today I really paid attention when trying to figure out why... "Left" sounds more like light. I would think that such a simple voice command could be 100% accurate and enunciated... well since this is a turn-by-turn direction app. Update: the free app now has ads and is distracting/dangerous to the driver. Mapquest got greedy. Additionally, they have made this a more complicate app than it needs to be. When I open mapquest, it should automatically assume that I want DIRECTIONS somewhere. Instead, with all of these updates that has been lost. Now, I have to go through a bunch of options to find it. It needs to be streamlined for better functionality.
I love the app but it scared me
This app has always taken me where I want to go. I give it 5 stars for that. But one time I was going somewhere that I wasn't familiar with and I was already nervous about driving to this place, so I wanted to really concentrate on what I was doing, so no radio, no talking to anyone via speaker phone. The car was very quiet...and then all of a sudden...THIS LOUD VOICE COMES OVER THE PHONE. It was a talking ad. Scared the crap out of me. I didn't like that. OK, so I'm willing to pay to disable ads because it's a good app...until I see it costs $4 to disable. That's way too much. Most other apps just charge a dollar. Because of this, I may have to try another app.
Alright. I have no idea what people are talking about when they have ads pop up.. I have used this with distances of 25 miles or so and didn't get any. I had two apps at the time for directions; The basic Siri, or google maps. Both irritated me because they both did different things and I hated using two apps! This app is b-e-a-utiful! So easy to use and catch on with, especially if you're very well with social media apps in general! It also asks for your home, work, and a favorite location address so they always have it :) it's easy. Try it out. It's free guys 💁🙆
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 26, 2015
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 26.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2014 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Disable Ads within MapQuest$3.99
- Red Sox$1.99