MapQuest: Free Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MapQuest is your go-to app for live maps, GPS, voice navigation and live traffic updates. Whether you’re running a quick errand across town or taking a road trip across the country, MapQuest has the trusted directions and traffic info you need for stress-free navigation. Our app can route you around accidents, help with multi-stop directions and even has alternate routing capabilities, robust bookmarking options, and handy sharing features. MapQuest is here to help get you where you need to go, wherever life takes you.
With the MapQuest App, you can:
● Activate our membership-free roadside assistance directly from the menu and help you in the event of lockout, flat tires, fuel delivery, towing, and more.
● Get voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation walking or driving directions.
● Have peace of mind knowing we’re using the latest traffic data. Live traffic updates and automatic re-routing will help you get there on time.
● Choose from up to three different driving routes (when available) to get you to your destination most efficiently. We’ll take traffic, road closures, and more into account so you can choose the most optimal route.
● Impress your boss, family, and friends with an on-time arrival with our ETA (estimated time of arrival) and location sharing features.
● Bookmark your home and work addresses so you can find your way to either at the push of a button.
● Quickly search for nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like coffee, restaurants, gas, and more with our industry-first layers bar!
● Advanced search uses your contacts, recent searches, top categories, and nearby points of interest to help you find your destination faster.
● Save a few bucks when you click on nearby gas stations and view and compare their current gas prices.
● Browse menus and order food through our GrubHub partnership.
● Find a place to rest your head. Explore the area and book a nearby hotel directly from the app!
● Read Yelp reviews, pricing, and more on the go.
Join the millions of people that have already downloaded the free MapQuest app as their own personal navigator.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.8.3
Performance improvements for our traffic on map feature
Offline Nav Bliss
When I need reliable navigation in unfamiliar locations with spotty data coverage, this is my go-to-app. It's brain dead easy. Just plot your trip while on wifi and the app caches the entire route, automatically! Its navigation capabilities are on par with the other major players in the free category.
My one complaint, and it's pretty big, when I deviate from my course while in a no cellular data area and then return to the correct path, the app will track along on the screen map just fine but all distances and times calculations get stuck at the the point I deviated and remain there. Miles to next turn doesn't change and my arrival time keeps going up and up even though the app knows where I am.
I use it mostly if I get turned around. I like that it uses voice instead of have to read it. There was only one time visiting a botanical garden when she said "You have arrived at your destination" and I was looking around like where? It was a confusing place to find and we drove around it like 3 times, and then when I chose no toll roads and took a wrong exit somehow and she guided me back by way of toll road and once I was on it and figured out it wasn't set for no toll roads anymore I had to pay. So those are a couple of times it messed me up. Other than that it's good.
It's trying to kill me!
I've read some of the reviews to see whether others have my problem, but, praise Jesus, I didn't see it.
The app tells me to get off at an exit on the left - the app shows a right exit - my limited familiarity causes me to think it's on the right & anyway how many freeways exit on the left? But she insists, the screen changes & when I'm well in the left lane, it changes to say it's in the right! I've almost been killed about four times & that's four too many!
Also, it gets the distances wrong after I execute a move which also causes life-threatening problems - it'll say 50 ft. when it's 11 mi. This has me looking for this next quick move when there is none. I tried two other GPS apps & they didn't offer the amenities I'm used to & need that MapQuest has. Please fix it!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 17, 2015
- Version: 4.8.3
- Size: 22.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2014 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Disable Ads within MapQuest$3.99
- Red Sox$1.99