MapQuest: Free Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MapQuest is your go-to app for live maps, GPS, voice navigation and live traffic updates. Whether you’re running a quick errand across town or taking a road trip across the country, MapQuest has the trusted directions and traffic info you need for stress-free navigation. Our app can route you around accidents, help with multi-stop directions and even has alternate routing capabilities, robust bookmarking options, and handy sharing features. MapQuest is here to help get you where you need to go, wherever life takes you.
With the MapQuest App, you can:
● Activate our membership-free roadside assistance directly from the menu and help you in the event of lockout, flat tires, fuel delivery, towing, and more.
● Get voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation walking or driving directions.
● Have peace of mind knowing we’re using the latest traffic data. Live traffic updates and automatic re-routing will help you get there on time.
● Choose from up to three different driving routes (when available) to get you to your destination most efficiently. We’ll take traffic, road closures, and more into account so you can choose the most optimal route.
● Impress your boss, family, and friends with an on-time arrival with our ETA (estimated time of arrival) and location sharing features.
● Bookmark your home and work addresses so you can find your way to either at the push of a button.
● Quickly search for nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like coffee, restaurants, gas, and more with our industry-first layers bar!
● Advanced search uses your contacts, recent searches, top categories, and nearby points of interest to help you find your destination faster.
● Save a few bucks when you click on nearby gas stations and view and compare their current gas prices.
● Browse menus and order food through our GrubHub partnership.
● Find a place to rest your head. Explore the area and book a nearby hotel directly from the app!
● Read Yelp reviews, pricing, and more on the go.
Join the millions of people that have already downloaded the free MapQuest app as their own personal navigator.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.8
We're making it easy to find, save, and get to your favorite places with a refreshed home screen experience!
• Put your favorite places front and center! Quickly and easily access your favorites, home, and work from the "Go To" button.
• Get a pulse on traffic conditions with the Traffic layer. Easily accessible from the home screen, Traffic will highlight delays, congestion, construction, closed roads and more right on the map.
• Looking for something specific nearby? Use Layers to search 15+ categories such as coffee, gas, parking and more! Create your own custom layer for your favorite chains and categories to make finding something nearby a breeze.
• Pump up the volume... or don't! Improved volume controls with bluetooth selector help you customize voice-guided directions and device volume for optimal levels.
MapQuest mobile had something nice going compared with other navigation/map apps. Its voice guide is designed to be practical, particularly its staged announcement. I also like its walking mode. But MapQuest always have this lousy map appearance. Its layered icons display sounds nice on paper, but isn’t practical. Worse, its recent addition of advertisement is too intrusive for a navigation app. I accept that free apps display advertisement. But blocking nearly half a screen in navigation mode is unacceptable. I haven’t seen tis in other free navigation apps
I like the poi layers
I really haven't used this app, but I was looking for a god app with point of interests. So far I like what I see. You tap on the layers icon and you can select what you are looking for. If your looking for gas just hit the gas icon and gas stations around you pop up and also on your route, then you can click on the one you want, and then you have the option to set the gps to it. I give it only 3 stars just because I really haven't used it yet
Has gotten much better but still gets confused when traveling under highway overpasses, also changing the entire route to save two minutes or less mid travel is ridiculous and app NEEDS a setting to turn this traffic detection feature off. Still better than Apple maps.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 13, 2015
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 20.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2014 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Disable Ads within MapQuest$3.99
- Red Sox$1.99