Documents To Go® Premium - Office Suite
By DataViz, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Work from anywhere: View, edit, and create Microsoft® Office files & view Adobe PDF® files on your iOS device with the original & #1 selling mobile Office suite of all time. Docs To Go Premium 5.0 contains best-in-class document viewing & editing, including save & synchronization options directly to your iOS device, desktop & laptop via Wi-Fi, and to the cloud service of your choice (iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, or SugarSync). One purchase includes the iPad & iPhone versions.
THE DATAVIZ® ADVANTAGE
• Founded in 1984, DataViz is an industry leader in developing mobile Office & productivity solutions for iOS, Mac, and more.
• Documents To Go, now in its 15th year, is currently preloaded on millions of devices around the world.
• InTact Technology™ retains original document formatting of edited files.
• No account sign-up necessary to get started in creating files and the freedom to save files where you choose!
• All your files in one app - no need to download separate components or cloud service/drive apps.
• Technical support is available via email by actual people in our home office & via our robust knowledgebase at DataViz.com.
RECENTLY ADDED in v5.0:
• iOS 7 optimized including AirDrop support.
• App redesign – Modernized user interface includes a refined file explorer, full screen document viewing mode & easy access to extensive editing & formatting options without sacrificing valuable screen real estate.
• iCloud support - Backup & save to iCloud for storing & accessing files between iOS devices.
• In-slide PowerPoint editing - Edit slide contents & formatting directly in the slide vs. a separate/outline view. View/edit/add speaker notes.
• High fidelity PowerPoint viewing - Full presentation mode with support for viewing charts, MS Office SmartArt, and more.
• iPad-optimized - Layout designed to take advantage of the larger screen real estate on iPad, including landscape & portrait views.
OVERALL SUITE FEATURES:
• Universal app - one purchase includes the iPad & iPhone versions.
• View, edit, and create MS Office files (2007/2008/2010).
• View PDF, iWork, Text, .RTF files, and more!
• View, edit, save, and sync with multiple cloud services: iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, and SugarSync.
• Save changes directly to your device, multiple cloud services, or to your computer with our desktop/laptop application - free with your purchase (this app allows you to access desktop files & sync via a Wi-Fi connection).
• Send & receive supported email attachments using the built-in Mail app.
• Open & edit files within Docs To Go from any 3rd party app that supports the iOS "Open In" feature.
• File sorting manager (sort your file list by Name, Modified, Size, etc.)
• Supports iTunes File Sharing via USB cable for manually moving files.
FREE DESKTOP APPLICATION available for 2-way file sync via Wi-Fi - Sync & transfer files/folders in one, easy-to-use desktop app.
WORD TO GO FEATURES:
• Format font type, size, color, bold, italics, underline, and highlight text
• High fidelity viewing for embedded graphics, tables, comments, footnotes/endnotes, text boxes, table of contents, and hyperlinks
• Change paragraph alignment
• Edit bullets and numbering
• Find & replace
• Word count
• Open password protected Word 97-2008 files
SHEET TO GO FEATURES:
• Freeze panes
• Extensive cell & number formatting options
• 111 functions supported
• Insert, delete, resize, hide/unhide rows & columns
• Rename, insert, and delete worksheets
• Find/find next
• Open password protected Excel 97-2008 files
SLIDESHOW TO GO FEATURES:
• Thumbnail slide sorter/view
• High fidelity PowerPoint viewing, including: charts, MS Office SmartArt, and more
• Open password protected PowerPoint 97-2013 files
• View/edit/add speaker notes
• Sort slides
• Promote/demote bullets
PDF TO GO FEATURES:
• Pinch-to-zoom to desired PDF page size/width
• Open password-protected PDFs
What's New in Version 5.0.7
Various bug fixes including:
- Replaced scroll bar for easy scrolling through large documents
- Fixed Word Count bug on iPad
- Fixed Sheet To Go keyboard issues
Happy as a clam
EDITED REVIEW--Old review below.
Dropbox problems appear fixed and the scroll bar has been added again. THANK YOU, DATAVIZ! I love you, and I love that scroll bar! xoxo
And I'm used to the new format now. I like it fine. Some things are better, some not, so it evens out.
I've had trouble--on all my devices--with Docs to Go syncing with Dropbox in the past week. Now I'm getting error messages that it can't open files that it could open 15 minutes before.
Every time this happens the only recourse is to reinstall my Dropbox folder on DTG and re-download the files. Annoying. And I hate this new update.
Where is the scroll bar on the side that allowed me to move through a huge doc quickly? I write 100k books, and having to swipe my finger to find a certain section is awful and takes FOREVER. It was one of the things I loved about this app.
The bar across the top reduces my working space when I have the keyboard open, everything that used to take one tap now takes double the work, and the undo/redo buttons are perfectly placed for accidental hitting.
Can we bring back the old stuff everyone loved, Dataviz? I wish I could revert back to the old Docs to Go. Sigh.
Good, but could use some work
DocsToGo is a great program to use. it has pretty remarkable capabilities considering it is running a Microsoft Word/Excel program on it.
A few of the downfalls:
1) It doesn't have spellcheck... for whatever reason not even the iPads default spell check will work with this program
2) It doesn't have an option to handwrite/draw within the program.
The main reason I got this app was because I am using my iPad as my main means of taking notes and keeping organized over all. Sometimes, friends ask me for my notes, and in my fury of writing, I sometimes misspell a word, and get called out quite a bit.
In the same effect, while taking notes, the professor sometimes draws a diagram on the board, and wish I had some way of drawing that diagram out on my notes, but have to result in either another program (and get confused as to what is what, and where the diagrams go) or just to explain in words what the diagram is depicting (which takes a lot more effort and is not as useful).
Overall, this program is great for simple word processing, but make sure you have someone proof read it, or bring the document up on a computer and run spell check.
Still can't print??
Update for 5.0.7...
Do you even read these reviews? Can't you see that people have been clamoring for basic printing capabilities for years now? What bugs are you working on that could be so important that you don't have time to add printing?
I use this app all the time and like it well enough, especially since it's able to link to Dropbox. But I just discovered, now that I finally have AirPrint capability in my house, that Docs 2 Go can't print! You can Open In..., but you can't print. I had to go out to the Dropbox app in order to print my document. Seems crazy to me.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Feb 02, 2014
- Version: 5.0.7
- Size: 34.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: DataViz, Inc
- © 2013 DataViz, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.