Documents To Go® Free - View & edit Microsoft Office files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), view PDF
By DataViz, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Office anywhere with Docs To Go: View, edit, and create Microsoft® Office files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint*) & view Adobe PDF® files on your iOS device with the original & #1 selling mobile MS Office suite of all time.
Documents To Go® Free contains best-in-class document viewing & editing at no charge. Options for connecting to multiple cloud storage accounts, desktop file sync, and opening password-protected files are available via in-app purchase.
THE DATAVIZ® ADVANTAGE
• Founded in 1984, DataViz is an industry leader in developing mobile Office & productivity solutions for iOS, Mac, and more.
• Documents To Go, now in its 15th year, is currently preloaded on millions of devices around the world.
• InTact Technology™ retains original document formatting of edited files.
• Technical support is available via email by actual people in our home office & via our robust knowledgebase at DataViz.com.
• Optimized for iOS 8/iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus!
• iCloud Drive & Document Provider Support: Now included with the cloud access in-app purchase.
• PowerPoint editing now included.
• Various bug fixes, including cursor placement issues and editing problems on iPhone 6 Plus.
OVERALL STANDARD VERSION FEATURES:
• Universal app.
• View, edit, and create MS Office files (97-2013).
• View PDF, iWork, Text, .RTF files, and more!
• Send & receive supported email attachments using the built-in Mail app.
• Open & edit supported files within Docs To Go from any 3rd party app that supports the iOS "Open In" feature.
• File sorting manager (sort your file list by Name, Modified, Size, etc.)
• Supports iTunes File Sharing via USB cable for manually moving files.
WORD TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Word (.doc, .docx) files
• Format font type, size, color, bold, italics, underline, and highlight text
• High fidelity viewing for embedded graphics, tables, comments, footnotes/endnotes, text boxes, table of contents, and hyperlinks
• Change paragraph alignment
• Edit and/or insert bullets and numbering
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find & replace
• Word count
SHEET TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Excel (.xls, .xlsx) spreadsheets
• Freeze panes
• Extensive cell & number formatting options, including: font type, size, color, alignment, fill, highlight, category, and decimal place)
• 111 functions supported
• Insert, delete, resize, hide/unhide rows & columns
• Rename, insert, and delete worksheets
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find/find next
SLIDESHOW TO GO FEATURES:
• In-slide PowerPoint editing - Edit slide contents & formatting directly in the slide vs. a separate/outline view.
• Thumbnail slide sorter/view
• High fidelity PowerPoint viewing, including: charts, MS Office SmartArt, and more
• View/edit/add speaker notes
• Sort slides
• Promote/demote bullets
• Open password protected PowerPoint 97-2013 files
PDF TO GO FEATURES:
• Pinch-to-zoom to desired PDF page size/width
• Open password-protected PDFs
*PowerPoint files are view and edit only.
What's New in Version 5.2.6
- Fixed save-as for PDF files
Will not print!!! 😳
How do you have an office document program that does not print directly from the app? While this app used to be on the forefront of mobile office software, they have been left behind due to lack of innovation. Much like RIM (aka Blackberry) where they used to lead, they ignored the competition and have become obsolete. The fact that their app is "preloaded on millions of devices" does not indicate it is the best option. There are plenty of other apps out there that are an all in one option for the same price as the premium version (and I paid for all the in app purchases too). I have been using this app since the Palm OS days and unfortunately it has changed very little. I too will join the ranks who search elsewhere for their mobile office suite. You should too.
go elswhere to share docs
I have an iPhone, iPad and a mac. This app refuses to share docs even though they show they are connected and synced. None of my desktop files show on the iPhone, and to see the files on my iPad i have to open the mac and re sync every time, which defeats the purpose of being able to leave the mac at home when we travel.
When i do sync half the time it tells me the devices are already paired and even though they don't show up.
Good thing I only spent $6.99 and not the full monte.
TOO MANY OTHER WAYS TO DO THIS!!!!
Better apps available
This was the first office app I purchased with the original iPad. Quickly realized it was average at best. It was the first app I deleted and was a complete waste of money. Have moved on to superior apps now available.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 05, 2015
- Version: 5.2.6
- Size: 42.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: DataViz, Inc
- © 2014 DataViz, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Pack$16.99
- Cloud access add-on$6.99
- Desktop Sync add-on$6.99
- Password Protected file access add-on$6.99