Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and news with loads of video highlights. Sign in and customize the ESPN App to get all of your favorite teams' scores, news and alerts.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access scores and highlights from MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, College Basketball, MLS, Cricket and more.
- Watch video highlights of your favorite games and easily share on Facebook, Twitter, Email and SMS.
- Check out the "NOW" views for real-time updates and commentary. NOW combines up-to-the-minute ESPN updates on any sport or team with the freshest photos, videos and social media content from around the sports universe.
- Not near a TV? Watch any event on any ESPN channel simply by tapping on the On-Air tab.
- Stream live ESPN Radio for free — just tap on the On-Air tab and hit “Play”.
What's New in Version 4.3.1
Versions 4.3 - 4.3.1
- Apple Watch Support!
- Get real-time notifications on scoring plays and breaking news for your favorite teams right on your wrist.
- Score Updates: View live scores and upcoming matchups for all your favorite teams.
- Swipe left to see articles about your favorites.
- Portrait Support for iPad. Late-night one-handed reading is all yours.
- We took some time off to fix nagging bugs for the playoff run. News and Now views now load faster than a Steph Curry crossover.
- Sign up for NFL, MLB, and NBA Fantasy News Alerts. Also opt into Instant Awesome alerts to keep up with the latest viral content, or subscribe to Chalk: Odds and Info to get that betting edge.
Where do I start. Well this was one of the first apps I got many years ago when I got my iPhone. Back then this app was amazing, the news feed had only the sports you chose to have on there, versus now I have to scroll through golf, soccer, tennis, nascar, lacrosse just to be able to see how baseball is going.
The app used to be quick, starting in just a couple seconds, but now it takes a solid 20+ and when I click on a sport that I want to follow, it takes an additional 10-20 (not to mention the crashes if you try to rush it).
This app used to have instant notifications, as soon as someone scored, the app would tell you. Now the sport would be in the 2nd with a couple scoring plays already, and the app would then tell you that the game is starting.
And with all the negative reviews this app is getting, ESPN just has more updates making worse changes and adding space to my phone and making the app even slower to start up.
So ESPN, I will re-download you in the future if things ever return back to the way they were. Until then, I have my yahoo sports app which is way better at giving me the information I want, versus the information that I don't care about (20 minutes late, nonetheless)
And I gave you 1 star for obvious reasons, I feel if you change an app and it actually makes someone delete it, then you don't deserve much credit.
Great app to use, especially how I use it for baseball if I'm at work and can't listen to my games on the radio or watch on TV. The "Gamecast" they use on this updates extremely well (when having decent internet connection) and they are always right on the wit when it comes to plays, errors, runs, hits, etc. BUT, the thing I really wish they put in was a roster with players avg. on my team and others to know what we get to face in the near future when opposing other teams. Also, news on what's happening in your favorite sport, pick the option to hear about it and your always up to date, even with videos of interviews or top plays. Excellent app. Just a couple buts is all.
It Used to Be Great
This app is terribly designed and optimized. I don't mind ads if they aren't a nuisance--well, they became a serious one with the latest update. The whole mess of an app is poorly optimized--crashes are common, loading times are unforgivable, and ads mess with the layout so that the bottom score on a given results page covers the last team (then, when scrolling back up, the scores vanish with most of the rest of the interface).
Those are just the dealbreakers. Of course I'd prefer to only see the sports I care about, but that's so much less of a problem than the issues it has right now.
Please spare yourself from this app. Get something more reliable, like a carrier pigeon.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 49.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2012 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.