ESPN - Get scores, news, and watch live sports
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ESPN App is the #1 Sports App in the market. The app gives you up-to-the-minute scores and the latest news, live video and audio streaming across ESPN’s networks, and loads of video highlights. Sign in and personalize the ESPN App to get alerts about scores and news from all of your favorite teams and leagues! No matter where you go, take ESPN with you to stay connected the moment you need it, from wherever you are.
What do you get with ESPN?
- Fast access to scores from the MLB, NFL, College Football, NBA, NHL, College Basketball, MLS, and more.
- Stories and videos from your favorite teams and leagues up front and center in your favorites feed. Simply pick your favorite leagues and teams to get started.
- Not near a TV or want to stream a second game? You now have one tap access to stream live events, up-to-the-minute news, highlights and analysis from the ESPN family of networks.
- Check out the "Now" views for real-time updates and commentary. Now combines up-to-the-minute ESPN updates on every sport or team with the freshest photos, videos and social media content from around the sports universe.
- Stream live ESPN Radio and over 100 other ESPN podcasts — just tap on the headphones to listen.
- Use Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, SEC Network, SEC Network Plus, ESPNews ESPN Deportes and Longhorn Network are now available for live streaming through WatchESPN in the ESPN App. Access to WatchESPN live video is determined by your TV provider and package and, in some instances, your Internet service provider. The providers below currently offer access to WatchESPN live video:
* AT&T U-verse
* Bright House Networks
* Comcast XFINITY
* Google Fiber
* Midcontinent Communications
* Time Warner Cable
* Verizon FiOS TV
* Plus many more providers
- Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and to provide feedback on the app: twitter.com/ESPN_FanCentral
- Use the Feedback form in the app’s Settings menu to let us know how we’re doing.
Before you download this app, please consider that it includes advertising, some of which may be targeted to your interests. You may choose to control targeted advertising within mobile applications by using your mobile device settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads).
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information. You may also visit Settings in the app to opt out of Nielsen measurement.
What's New in Version 4.9
[+] Improvements to alerts. Tap the gear icon to get started.
[+] Added the ESPN Deportes channel to the WatchESPN tab.
[+] Get the latest from favorites feed on your Apple Watch!
[+] Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Top Sports App
Love the new update on ESPN app. There are still a few changes that need to be made. Finding scores is very simple and having favorites makes it very easy to see teams you are following. However, there is always room for improvement. One piece of constructive criticism- finding other teams records, Standings for conference and overall, how teams did head to head against other teams, betting odds and lines, etc. are all things that I see as important for a future update because I am using 2-3 different apps just to get that information and then betting lines with usage of other apps.
So Many Notifications
This app blasts you with so many notifications. Its not necessary to send a notification every time something happens in the Johnny Manziel saga, this is a sports app not a soap opera app. This app is more about sending drama than sports news. Send meaningful information that people actually care about. Before sending something think to yourself, "is this actually worth sending and wasting people's battery to let them know?" Espn has really gotten away from sports the last decade and has moved towards drama and marketing. Give us an option to turn off certain headlines under each sport.
I love the ESPN sports app but it needs some touch ups.
You should give the ESPN app a better design and look to it. Make it more nice and clean. Also make things transparent like the Yahoo Sports app because half of iPhones features is transparent giving a clean nice look. Another thing you should do is add UFC as a sport with MMA and let people pick their favorite UFC fighter to follower, like how you let people pick their favorite sports team to follow. Just think about some things like that to improve the app and the quality so more people download it and give it a good reading.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Feb 02, 2016
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 39.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: ESPN Inc.
- ©2015 ESPN
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.