CLZ Comics - Comic Database
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Catalog your comic collection on your iPad or iPhone **
Auto-download cover art, creators, characters, etc.. Just enter series titles or scan barcodes with your device camera.
* Automatically add comics to your database
Just enter series titles or scan comic barcodes with your device camera. CLZ Comics will automatically download full issue details, including creator and character lists, sollicitation texts / plot descriptions and cover images.
* Catalog your comic collection & wish list
Track the issues you own and the ones on your wish list. Organize and manage detailed issue information like Series, Issue Nr, Publisher, Publication Date, plus personal stuff like Purchase Information, Condition, Rating, Notes and Tags.
* Browse your comic database as an issue list, a cover "wall" or in cover flow mode. View full issue information in the details panel. Group issues in Series or Publisher folders. Search your database with the Quick Search box.
* Free CLZ Cloud storage of your collection data:
Upload your collection data to the CLZ Cloud to have a full backup of your data. Sync your data between devices (e.g. iPhone and iPad) through the CLZ Cloud.
- iOS 7.0 or higher
- for barcode scanning: iPhone 3GS and up, iPad 3 and up, or iPod touch 5th gen and up.
If you are having a problem with CLZ Comics, please contact us for help using the little "?" button inside the app (top right). Please do not use an App Store review to report the problem, because that way we cannot contact you with the solution!
What's New in Version 3.0.3
* Sync crashing on certain invalid characters in the notes
* Fixed cover upload
* Improved detection of changes in comic books for syncing
* Fixed incidental freezes during CLZ Cloud sync
So close to perfect
I have a large comic collection and it was getting daunting to track it with excel. This app makes it super easy to document your collection. You can scan the barcode on the book, enter by title or manually enter using the app. My minor complaint here is that some of the covers do not show up. Not too big of a deal because you can actually use a photo or take a photo of your actual book and use that for the cover. The pre-loaded info of authors and artists as well as plot summaries for issues is very nice.
If they were to add 3 features this would be a grand slam of an app.
1) Automatically update the current value and the ability to track it. You can enter it yourself but that turns into a pretty big project.
2) There isn't an ability to track CGC graded issues. You can enter them in the notes but there is no quick way to sort out the graded issues.
3) The ability to print a list from your device. I haven't gone online to check out the cloud service yet and I think you can do it there but it would be great to do it from my phone.
I don't have the computer software that pairs with the app yet and I would assume there are lots more features present there.
Overall I'm satisfied with the app and if they make those couple of additions I'll come back and rate a perfect 5 and recommend it to all my comic book geek buddies.
Beautiful Desktop Presentation
I am extremely pleased with both the iOS version and the Pro Mac Version. The desktop view is my favorite, it's gorgeous. My experience was that I found less than 10 comics in my collection (out of 8000, mostly from the 90s) that either could not be found or had the wrong cover. Most times when you can't find your comic in the database, it's because you don't know the correct title to search for. I suggest opening the book and reading the copyright info for clarification. I have some obscure independents and they were in the database. I did have an issue on my iPad where the cover was wrong for the title, but this problem did not exist on the iPhone or desktop. I deleted the app, reinstalled and resynced with the cloud and all is well.
This app is totally worth the money I've tried all the other free apps and this one is the best by far I learn how to use the app and added a full short box of Comics in about 10 minutes. Comic books ranging from mid 60s to modern books. I had one problem finding a Mexican variant cover but I think the title may be listed in Spanish and the barcode scanner didn't work for that one. But worked for all other modern books ranging from 20 years old and newer.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jun 09, 2015
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bitz & Pixelz BV
- © Collectorz.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.