Always know what’s happening on the road with Waze. Even if you know the way, Waze tells you instantly about traffic, construction, police, crashes, & more. If traffic is bad on your route, Waze will change it to save you time.
◦ See what’s happening - Alerts about traffic, police, hazards and more on your drive
◦ Get there faster - Instant routing changes to avoid traffic and save you time
◦ Know when you’ll arrive - your Arrival Time is based on live traffic data
◦ Pay less for gas - find the cheapest gas along your route
◦ Always find the way - choose from a variety of voices to guide you while you drive
Be prepared, drive with Waze.
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with these updates:
- Fewer taps needed to stop navigation
Ratings and Reviews
People power meets the open road in this amazing navigation app. Waze’s crowd-sourced alerts come from real drivers, not algorithms, delivering info you won’t see anywhere else to keep your commute flowing. The friendly interface and convenient detour routing really help the app shine, and its social-network integration make road trips with buddies a blast.
It's changed...not in a good way
The app only notifies me of a change in route at the last second, which is unsafe when youre driving at highway speed. The app often doesnt return music to its previous volume so I have to stop the app & restart the route again. A route I always took getting to a relative's house that Waze used to remember (it wasn't the fastest route but it avoided some highways & Waze never chose that route until I had traveled that way a few times) is now forgotten with the last update. The "send the ETA" feature now only works if the person to whom youre sending it is also a Waze member, even if it says it sent it. And there's no progress map anymore, which was a really helpful feature I guess Waze discontinued. Bring that one back--it was really helpful. I sent a map change suggestion b/c the names of 2 cul-de-sacs in my condo development were dropped and the cul-de-sacs are named the same name as the main road through the development. I got a note, about 6 months later, saying it would be changed and it was--the cul-de-sacs are now erased from the map and the mapmaker decided to make the main road through the development 1 way, with a cul-de-sac at the end. So, now, the first 1/2 mile of every trip is all the way to the no outlet cul-de-sac at the other end of the development, which is in the opposite direction of the development exit.
Waze updates have been good and the reporting process is improved and there are less steps to get to the actual reporting - yay!
When you fix the default address estimation from interstate (literally I get suggestions for MI addresses, and I live in Alexandria VA!).
I've recommended this app to dozens of friends and helped many download it to their smartphones and set it up for them. I can't say however that I'm very happy about the latest version of Waze. The GUI is not what it should be, the # of improvements is about equivalent to the # of detriments. It's hard to cancel an instruction once entered, the screen going from side to side is not user friendly. And reporting hazards is STILL a 2-3 step process!!!! There should be the option for active wazers to have a "visible police" button, "car on shoulder" button "construction" button and/or various traffic buttons of our choosing on the map page that we can report as we go. Also, PLEASE STOP SEARCHING THE ENTIRE MAP OF THE USA WHEN I'M OBVIOUSLY SEARCHING FOR AN ADDRESS IN MY LOCAL VICINITY. That was an obvious upgrade improvement you guys should have included. I would give you 5 stars or 10 or 20 because I love your app - but these improvements really need to happen ASAP. Keep up he awesomeness Waze!! Plus your Customer svc and responsiveness is great too!
- 151.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Waze Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.