DataVault Password Manager
By Ascendo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Leading Password Manager for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch - AES Encryption - iCloud Sync & Backup - Advanced Security Options - Universal Application - Mac & Windows Desktop (sold separately)
#1 Must-Have App for iPhone – Cnet
Best iPad Password Manager – BrightHub
Apps that will change your life - Wall Street Journal
Only password manager to use secure, iOS-encrypted Keychain – Elcomsoft
Ascendo DataVault stores confidential information related to credit cards, bank accounts, logins and more using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), the most powerful technology for securing private data.
DataVault is the first password manager to deliver comprehensive iCloud Backup and Synchronization in addition to Dropbox, Webdav and Wifi options. The era of cumbersome backup schemes is officially over.
One copy of DataVault can be run on five iOS devices to provide great value in addition to rock-solid security.
Unrivaled features and ease-of-use have made DataVault a best-selling password manager for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch.
***** A Top Quality App in All Respects
I've used other password programs for computers and PDAs but Ascendo easily tops them all. Buy this app!
***** Terrific Customer Support
My question was answered within 24 hours and the issue resolved. Now that's what I expect from a developer!!!
***** Essential Gear
A password manager should be one of the first apps you download. I compared a few and this one excelled because it could sync across multiple devices.
- Protects confidential information so you have peace of mind.
- Delivers value by giving you secure access to private data everywhere you go.
- Simplifies your life by keeping you organized and safe from identity attack.
- AES Encryption to insure the highest level of security of any password keeper.
- iCloud Backup and Synchronization in addition to Dropbox, Webdav & Wifi. No other password safe gives you more options.
- Password generator with strength meter.
- Support for iOS multitasking to facilitate web site logins.
- Tree and List View to display items.
- Full iPad support with split screen display.
- Templates for items such as bank accounts, credit cards & logins.
- Categories & Types to organize items.
- Actionable fields to initiate phone calls, emails or web site logins.
- Security timeout to require login after inactivity delay.
- Maximum login attempts.
- Security alert for failed login attempts.
- Field masking to shield data from prying eyes.
- Master password hint.
- Search settings to select fields, labels and notes.
- Email items in encrypted format.
- Icons, themes and lots of personalization settings.
- Synchronization with DataVault for Mac or Windows (sold separately).
- Conflict resolution for simultaneous edits on multiple devices.
- Import from SplashID, Ewallet, 1Password, mSecure, IE, Firefox, Roboform and other applications using DataVault desktops.
Incorporated in San Diego California, Ascendo has been a leading software developer since 2002. Over a million users have trusted their confidential information to DataVault Password Manager.
We are already hard at work on the next update and we welcome your feedback. email@example.com
If peace of mind is important to you, download DataVault today!
What's New in Version 5.1.51
- Fixes for iOS6 users
- Brought back numeric keyboard option for login
- Redesigned for iOS7 to enhance the user experience.
- Automatic synchronization across devices using Dropbox (premium) in addition to iCloud, Webdav, Wifi and data cable sync options.
- 256-bit encryption using Password-Based Key Derivation Function (PBKDF) and salting to insure the highest level of security offered by any password manager (premium).
- Improved integration with with Apple Keychain for two-layer protection of your private data.
- 200 hi-res item icons redesigned for contemporary UI (premium).
- Expand and collapse list view for quick peak at secondary fields.
- Improved multi-tasking support by hiding user data from running apps list.
New themes to match iPhone 5S and 5C colors, see Tools > Display Options.
- Preview themes in Display Options
- Enhanced login screen with vault animation.
- Fixed Dropbox “NSRULError” issue.
- Numerous other enhancements and fixes.
UPDATE: Good Product & Leadership Team
UPDATE: After posting my original 1-Star review below, I received some very personalized customer service from the leadership team at Ascendo. Although we are still working to resolve my specific iCloud syncing issue, they were extremely quick to enable automatic DropCloud syncing between my devices. The DropBox syncing is working seamlessly and I am very satisfied with the customer service that I have received over the past 2 days.
Original Review January 23, 2014: "iCloud Issues & Absolutely Terrible Support"
DataVault has a history of connectivity issues with iCloud that will preclude you from being able to back up to iCloud or use iCloud to synchronize between devices. No doubt this has prompted them to offer automatic syncing via DropBox in their recent Premium Upgrade. Who knows if that service will even work but I surely won't be paying an additional $4.99 per device to find out!
After a few days of email correspondence with Ascendo, their Tech Support was limited to, and I quote, "Have you tried to restart your devices?" They are either unable or unwilling to provide deeper technical assistance because they have not responded to my emails in 7 days.
The app works on a single device; however, if you need to sync data between multiple devices then I highly suggest that you look elsewhere for a product and service team that can meet your need.
Happy Data Vault Customer
I have used Data Vault for many years. First, with my Blackberry and now with my I-Phone. If you want a secure and simple way to keep all your passwords, Pin Numbers, User IDs, etc. and be able to access them on the go, this is the app for you. In this time of rampant identity theft, it is strongly recommended that you do not use the same passwords etc. on multiple accounts. Accordingly, keeping track of all these user IDs and passwords is a real challenge. Plus, you want to be sure they are stored securely.
It is so nice to be able to sync your various devices so that you only have ONE complete and consice record of all your valuable information in a very secure application.
And now for the best part. The support and customer service is way over the top. If you run into any problems, the customer service team is on it, NOW! This is where ascendo really shines. I very seldom need support, but when I have needed it. Lightning Speed is how they react.
Try any password keeper you want. But, if you try this one, you will never again, be without it.
Great app, ruined interface!!
Updated review 14feb14
Tech support did contact me in regards to my issues with the interface changing. I don't have any issues with the functionality of the app, I just do not care for the new flatness, simplification of the icons. But as I am being informed this is the way of the future, oh well.
I waited for this update thinking the developers would really listen to the end users, they only listened partially. This interface still looks like a 4 year old developed it.
They are still displaying the old interface as an example which is false advertisement. I emailed and asked a few questions of them and no response.
Will be rolling back to previous version again!
This is a great app, & I went back to the previous version!
The most recent update; they removed the default for number keys at login and destroyed an excellent looking interface, before I ran across any of the other mentioned issues I restored to the previous version. A very mundane, no depth, plain icons.
When I wrote the review the interface images shown here are not what it looks like with latest update, this is what they looked like before this update.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 20, 2014
- Version: 5.1.51
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ascendo Inc.
- © Ascendo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- DataVault Premium$4.99