DataVault Password Manager
By Ascendo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Leading Password Manager for iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch ◆ AES Encryption ◆ Touch ID ◆ iCloud Sync ◆ Automatic Backups ◆ Password Generator ◆ Flexible Templates ◆ Advanced Security Options
Secure. Powerful. Simple. Try DataVault Password Manager today!
#1 Must-Have App for iPhone - Cnet
Apps that will Change your Life - Wall Street Journal
#1 App to Banish Forgetfulness - Reader’s Digest
Best iPad Password Manager - BrightHub
"Only password manager to use secure, iOS-encrypted Keychain." - Elcomsoft
Is your private information safe? Are your passwords secure?
DataVault Password Manager protects confidential information related to credit cards, bank accounts, logins and more using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), the most powerful technology to keep your data secure. DataVault Password Manager includes a unique set of features like Touch ID, iCloud backups and advanced security options to protect your most precious information.
Unrivaled features and ease-of-use have made DataVault a best-selling password manager for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch.
“Essential Gear. A password manager should be one of the first apps you download. I compared a few and this one excelled because it could sync across multiple devices.”
“Rock Solid Foundation. I've tried most of the password apps and selected this one for its flexibility in defining item templates, ability to sync one database to multiple mobile devices, and strong desktop versions. I have 1100 items now and the app has performs brilliantly.”
“Terrific Customer Support. My question was answered within 24 hours and the issue resolved. Now that's what I expect from a developer!!!”
“The Best. Absolutely the best password safe across all platforms and outstanding support!”
SECURE YOUR LIFE
• Encrypts information using AES, the global standard for data protection. Nobody can access your data without your master password, not even Ascendo.
• Employs 128-bit encryption as used by online banking sites. Upgrade to DataVault Premium for 256-bit encryption, PBKDF2 and salting to insure the highest security of any password manager.
• Enable Touch ID to login with your fingerprint.
• Set Auto-Lock duration to require login after an inactivity delay.
• Set Maximum Login Attempts to wipe your data after successive failed login attempts.
• Set a hint in case you forget your master password.
• Use Field Masking to shield data from prying eyes.
• Create strong passwords using password generator with settings for length & types of characters.
• Strength Meter tells you if you passwords are weak, good or strong.
• Backup your data automatically to insure you never lose your important information.
• Supports iOS multitasking to facilitate web site logins.
• Synchronize with DataVault for Mac and other devices (sold separately).
• Use iCloud, Dropbox, Wi-Fi, Webdav or iTunes to synchronize.
• Dropbox Auto-sync (DataVault Premium).
• Resolve synchronization conflicts.
SIMPLE TO USE
• View items in list view or folder view.
• Use Templates for common items such as bank accounts, credit cards & logins.
• Select from 25 default templates or create your own.
• Initiate phone calls, emails or web site logins with actionable fields.
• Use categories & types to organize items.
• Duplicate items for faster entry.
And a whole lot more…
• Full iPad support with split screen display.
• 110 icons to personalize your items, 90 more with DataVault Premium.
• Import from 1Password, EWallet, SplashID, mSecure, Keepass & other password keepers with DataVault desktops (sold separately).
• Import from text files in CSV format.
• Great support.
◆ One copy of DataVault Password Manager can be installed on up to 5 Macs authorized to an iTunes account.
Questions? We would love to hear from you! Contact us by email email@example.com, http://twitter.com/ascendo or http://facebook.com/ascendo
Get peace of mind with the best password manager for iOS. Download DataVault Password Manager today!
What's New in Version 5.2.20
To all our wonderful customers, thanks so much for all the great feedback, encouragement and help testing beta versions. We hope you will love this update!
- Implemented Touch ID to authenticate with your fingerprint. Please note, your master password is required at regular intervals to insure strong security. See Security Settings.
- Added Require Password setting. DataVault is the only password manager to give you Touch ID options. Once per Session (default), insures that your password is never stored on your device. Daily, Weekly or Monthly securely store your password to the iOS KeyChain. See User Guide to see why this is important.
- Changed Security Time Out setting with Auto-Lock to improve consistency with iOS.
- Replaced Time Out Action and Auto-Lock settings in previous version with Lock on Exit to simplify security settings. See user guide for more information.
- Enhanced multi-tasking support to insure that private info is not visible when DataVault is running in the background.
- Fixed List View to display masked fields in expanded view.
- Enhanced item icons with iOS like gradients.
- Added high resolution graphics for iPhone 6 Plus users.
- Improved Dropbox synchronization login.
- Implemented latest Dropbox API to eliminate login issues.
- Added Progress indicator for Touch ID login for users with large databases.
- Changed settings switch color to green.
- Implemented Faster Login. To skip login animation, tap on Return key after entering master password.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
If you have any issues with this update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you appreciate our efforts to deliver this free update, we would be thrilled if you would write a review!
Poor TouchID Implementation - Workaround Included
Finally, TouchID has arrived - months after all the competing password managers, but glad it's finally here. The implementation of it however is really screwy. It simply doesn't work unless you first turn it on, exit the application, change require password to monthly, close the app, type in your password again, change it to require password once per session, close the app, log back in, go to require password and change it to monthly (or whatever interval you want), then exit and log back in - presto, it finally works with TouchID. With competing products you turn on TouchID and it works - with this one you jump through half a dozen hoops then it finally works. After months and months of waiting I was really excited to see it come to life, only to be disappointed trying to make it work. If 1Password's desktop app worked with my laptop's fingerprint reader (DataVault does) I'd switch in an absolute heartbeat as so many others have done already. Would write to support about this bug but the response from the developers on Twitter/Facebook to others has been less than stellar so won't waste my time. I hope my workaround notes help others who get frustrated by this TouchID process not working right. The only redeeming factor in this app? It works well as a password manager - it's solid and reliable and doesn't corrupt data.
Review on DataVault on iPhone
Just downloaded the latest version of Ascendo DataVault. As always this iPhone app, with TouchID added, now you can log in easier and faster without worrying about entering your user name or password incorrectly. You have the ability to manage all of your templates, catagories and types of data that wish enter. Backup and restore features are also available using the free desktop PC version of Ascendo DataVault as well as complete synchronization of your smart phone and your PC. If you are looking for the best the password and data security application for your smart phone, look no farther, Ascendo DataVault is the best data saving application for any devices that I have ever used. Marc and his team have created and outstanding application and the great improvements are due to them listening to the users for suggestions to the applications even better.
Great customer service solved transient crash problem
I have had DataVault for over 2 years. A bit cumbersome to use sometimes, but overall helpful and effective. However, for the past few days, both of my iOS versions (on iPhone and iPad) started crashing about 18 seconds after I opened them. I contacted Ascendo Customer Support and had an immediate, personalized response. Even the Ascendo CEO got involved, and ultimately steered me through a fix to the problem. (Turned to be an iCloud related problem resulting in a likely corrupted file.) Got it fixed and it's running well now. I rely on DataVault almost daily-- I keep virtually all my important information in it. All software, and all apps will have a glitch at one time or another, but very few provide this level of personalized response. It's a good reason for me to stick with this product.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 06, 2015
- Version: 5.2.20
- Size: 11.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ascendo Inc.
- © Ascendo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- DataVault Premium$4.99