By Alexander Zolotov
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SunVox is the Most Powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small, fast and powerful modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
With this program you can compose music anywhere. On any device. It also available (for FREE!) for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Maemo, PalmOS, Android, and other systems.
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export;
• WiFi export/import;
• MIDI import/export;
• MIDI IN/OUT;
• Mic/Line-in recording;
• Real-time recording;
• Audiobus (INPUT and EFFECTS slots) and JACK support.
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with wrench in the upper right corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
How to connect one module to another? For multitouch devices: first touch on source, second touch on destination. For other devices: select the first module (source); click on the LINK button; select the second module (destination).
REC button is only for notes and controllers recording. If you want to record sound - use the Sampler module (REC button under the Sampler controllers).
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
Development status of the new version:
What's New in Version 1.7.4b
* MetaModule: number of user defined controllers has been increased to 27;
* Delay: new controller "Delay units" has been added; possible values: sec/16384, ms, Hz, ticks, lines, lines/2, lines/3;
* Delay: max delay length has been increased to 4 seconds;
* Main Menu -> Preferences -> Main: new option "Automatic session restore" has been added; enable it to hide the "Restore Previous Session" dialog;
* Timeline: new font + text wrapping;
* bugs fixed.
Worth every star & penny.
Great update! It keeps getting better and better. This dev is inspiring! Brilliant work and he responded to my feedback quickly.
Starting today I made a car horn sound (analog generator, type: asin, frequency2: ~844), hooked it into a reverb, set it to "touch theremin" mode, and played with the sound of cars driving past in a tunnel with the Doppler effect.
I call it "Angry drivers in a tunnel."
I'm not a musician, but I love crazy powerful/beautiful tools like this. It's nice to have one on the iPhone! The UI takes a bit to figure out for all the features, but it's amazing. I don't know how to edit the sequencer yet, but we're already best friends. We'll figure it out.
(Edit: the padlock reveals the editing tools. Makes sense.
Now I'm making a DTMF meta module... To play phone tones. Fun!)
this is my first foray into trackers and I'm impressed to say the least. it takes a little digging to find all the features but great nonetheless.
The best app
This app is amazing. So deep. And available on every platform ever. U must try this
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 04, 2014
- Version: 1.7.4b
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alexander Zolotov
- © Alexander Zolotov
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.