Net Status - remote server monitor
By Pavel Ahafonau
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Net Status lets you get a fast glimpse of what is happening now with your hosts, routers and other network devices connected to the Internet or LAN.
The tool checks network services your hosts run for availability and presents the information in a convenient way in order to speed up the diagnostics of network problems. With Net Status you can quickly and easily determine which hosts and services are down from your monitoring list.
Net Status employs asynchronous algorithms that allow Net Status to operate really fast. Fractions of a second are needed to check a host with quite a number of running services. Even problematic hosts won't slow down the check process for a time much longer than a timeout you specify.
- Group hosts into multiple checklists
- Automatic scan of hosts for running services
- E-mail check results
- Predefined services for your convenience
- Possibility to add custom services
- Checks ICMP, TCP and UDP
- MAC address and hardware vendor lookup
- Wake on LAN or Wi-Fi (by MAC address)
- Wake over the Internet (using proper routers)
- Ping hosts with integrated tool
- WHOIS hostnames, IP addresses
- Ultrafast asynchronous network I/O
MORE GREAT APPS
· Spyglass - augmented reality & GPS navigator
· Scany - Wi-Fi/LAN network scanner
What's New in Version 1.9.9
- fully supports iPad as a universal app
· supports native iPad screen resolution
· supports Portrait orientations
· one app for all devices
- significantly improved WHOIS
· automatically recognizes domain part of a hostname
· now supports 4220 domain zones in total (+ 2314 new)
· supports all 528 top level domain zones (+ 285 new)
· supports 3692 second level domain zones (+ 2029 new)
· supports all 61 IDN TLD (+ 37 new)
· 3727 zones with full WHOIS
· 493 zones with DNS info
· all zones with WHOIS are manually verified
· improved IPv4 and IPv6 lookup
· improved ASN lookup
· fixed WHOIS encoding for many international zones
- updated hardware manufacturing vendors database
- improved keyboard handling
- improved IDN parsing
- improved DNS parsing
- fixed memory leaks
- fixed possible crashes
Works as advertised and the features are very useful. Love being able to define my own services. The only thing I would change is the ability to pick an icon for user-defined services (I.e. from among the ones used by the defaults)
Simple & effective
Gives me just what I need - a quick check if my network devices before I leave the house.
Needs an update for iPhone 6 plus for a few UI inconsistencies but completely functional and easy to use.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 28, 2014
- Version: 1.9.9
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Pavel Ahafonau
- © 2009-2014 Pavel Ahafonau
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.