By Cerulean Studios, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Trillian is an instant messaging app that works on phones, tablets, and desktops while keeping your chats neatly synchronized between all of them! We think conversation should be easily shared between all of your devices, not trapped as text messages on your phone. Here's how we do it:
• INSTANT MESSAGING: Your unique Trillian username can be used to send unlimited messages free of charge. Trillian uses your existing data plan and/or WiFi.
• ANYWHERE: Trillian's continuous client feature delivers your chats instantly between all of your connected devices. In addition, Trillian automatically silences push notifications on mobile devices if you're active on a desktop - no more dealing with a phone buzzing on your desk all day!
• SIMPLE: Trillian places a strong emphasis on fast and reliable message delivery and a beautiful, easy-to-use interface.
• SECURE: All communication with Trillian servers uses TLS to ensure third-parties can't read your chats.
• INTEROPERABLE: Of course, Trillian wouldn't be Trillian without support for Facebook Chat, MSN, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, and Jabber.
What's New in Version 2.1.9
• Feature: Trillian to Trillian group chats!
• Feature: Devices management in settings.
• Feature: Support for Trillian for Business in-house servers.
• Fixed: Image downloading failures.
• Fixed: Remember state of flash when using camera.
• Fixed: Speed improvements.
• Fixed: Many miscellaneous bug fixes.
I decided to finally write a review for Trillian. I switched between it and ebuddy for a long time, and quit Trill when it switched to it's current theme. However, ebuddy added ads that obscure the entire chat, so I quit then and there.
Now I use Trill all the time (even as I'm writing, I'm waiting on a reply!) and it's great. The 6 or so contact pane works great for me- I have lots of folks I don't talk to much, and it's great not having to stare at their names all day.
Only downside is the no notifications while at desktop dosen't work for me... Probably because I use it in browser? But I just log out on the phone, so it works well enough.
Wishing for the old version.
The new update may LOOK pretty, but as it often is with things, looking nice and being functional often aren't found together. I'm missing the older version of trillian, where it was fast and simple to browse through all my online contacts. I want to see them all at once, not hand pick six people and have them on my home screen and to see who else is on, I have to open a new blank chat and then add a contact? So much easier before. Mobile apps should be simple, clean and easy to use. I shouldn't need a few minutes to figure out a program that was perfectly fine before an update hit.
Edit: It's been a few months since the update and this program still crashes randomly several times a day. :/
True multiplatform messaging
I keep the Windows and MAC OS apps open all of the time, and have it on my iphone and iPad. If I start a chat on one computer, I can continue on another without losing the thread. It supports everything I use--Facebook, LinkedIn, AIM, GoogleTalk and Live.
It makes status updates easy and and supports most features of the protocol--example: it supports offline chatting when I don't want a log of the chat.
I haven't come up against limits, meaning I have several google talk and AIM accounts open at the same time.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 20, 2013
- Version: 2.1.9
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Cerulean Studios, LLC
- © 2013 Cerulean Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Trillian Pro - One Month$1.99
- Trillian Pro - One Year$19.99