By Cerulean Studios, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Trillian is an instant messaging app that works on phones, tablets, and desktops while keeping your chats neatly synchronized between all of them! We think conversation should be easily shared between all of your devices, not trapped as text messages on your phone. Here's how we do it:
• INSTANT MESSAGING: Your unique Trillian username can be used to send unlimited messages free of charge. Trillian uses your existing data plan and/or WiFi.
• ANYWHERE: Trillian's continuous client feature delivers your chats instantly between all of your connected devices. In addition, Trillian automatically silences push notifications on mobile devices if you're active on a desktop - no more dealing with a phone buzzing on your desk all day!
• SIMPLE: Trillian places a strong emphasis on fast and reliable message delivery and a beautiful, easy-to-use interface.
• SECURE: All communication with Trillian servers uses TLS to ensure third-parties can't read your chats.
• INTEROPERABLE: Of course, Trillian wouldn't be Trillian without support for Facebook Chat, MSN, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, and Jabber.
What's New in Version 3.1
Infinite scroll for message history, voice clip sending, minor improvements and bugfixes. Full changelog: https://www.trillian.im/changelog/ios/3.1/
Updates get less&less functional!!!
WHAT is wrong with you?! Your updates make using AIM more and more clunky. Already there was no alert of new messages while inside one message, not even a number (VERY inefficient!), then you took away the swipe between messages, and now you're blending buddylists into one big list?! Sometimes I need to message someone from one account, and sometimes from another account. You don't make it obvious which account I'm IMing from within the chat window so WHAT THE HECK!!
The fact that it still shows the names as the other persons aim sn when you switch from app to computer is horrible. (Ex: my sn is abc123, I'm chatting on the app with cde345 and when I switch to the computer it lists all sent/received as cde345). And it shouldn't blend the logs, either. I should be able to distinguish which aim sn I was chatting with them from, and not just by my Trillian name.
This was a great cross platform app, I loved it, but you need to work on flaws before unleashing a monster update that's much more frustrating to use. It's just gotten worse and worse with each update and doesn't feel worth it to continue to support yearly, or to recommend to new users. Please, please, please fix these issues!!
There are 2 glaring weaknesses in Trillian for iOS. One is the ability to respond to messages from the lockscreen/ControlCenter. And yes it is a possible feature to add in iOS 9. IMVU is a chat app that has that feature built in.
Second issue is there is no background app refresh option. Meaning after 15 minutes of inactivity the app stops running in the background which is absurd. Trillian should receive messages as long as you're signed in. Not sure why the developers are so determined not to add that feature.
Works as intended (mostly)
For some reason trillian can only read a password for ICQ of certain length so I had to shorten it just to be able to use it. Other than that, a few dropped messages but I leave it open all night and day so to be expected I suppose. Other than that, works great functionally. No crashes or issues.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 07, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Cerulean Studios, LLC
- © 2015 Cerulean Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Trillian Pro - One Month$1.99
- Trillian Pro - One Year$19.99