Business Card Reader Pro
By SHAPE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instant (it takes seconds!) recognition of business cards right on your iPhone. Import contact information from a business card directly to your iOS Contacts. Out-of-the-box integration with Salesforce and Evernote. Easy integration with other CRM systems. Featured in iPhone TV commercials.
"If you're a mobile networker, this is an app you'll definitely like." -TechCrunch
"Business Card Reader for iPhone is way better than the alternative. It's not free, but it'll easily pay for itself after your next new business card." -IntoMobile
"Working from home can mean spending a lot of time on the phone to keep in touch with colleagues or customers. To manage all these contacts' business cards, check out Business Card Reader" -The New York Times
"The best text scanning app yet." -TouchMyApps
Business Card Reader is an excellent tool for business people, exhibitors at trade shows, expo attendees and sales staff — anyone who networks regularly!
No need to manually enter contact information — Business Card Reader provides a time- and cost-efficient way to enter and organize important contacts.
Business Card Reader recognizes business cards in English, French, German, Spanish, Czech, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian, Estonian, Indonesian, Finnish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Business Card Reader takes a picture of a business card, 'reads' it using text recognition technology and automatically fills in appropriate contact information fields in iOS address book, which can be easily checked and edited.
• Accurate recognition of business cards with multi-language support
• Smart contact field filling: emails, phone numbers, web sites
• Background image processing, saves time when scanning multiple cards
• New! Business Card Reader Cloud: easy edit cards on the web and keep them backed-up securely in the cloud. Available as in-app subscription
• Export to Salesforce as Contact, Lead or Account available as in-app subscription
• Export to Evernote
• Export as .xlsx
• Export to VCard
• Optional integration with existing CRM systems
Business Card Holder allows you to search and sort contacts, e-mail and call contacts directly
BCR Cloud features
• Quickly edit cards on the web
• Two-way sync with iPhone and iPad
• Keep recognised cards backed-up on our secure server
• Advanced Contact Search: by name, company, address, etc.
BCR Cloud is offered as a yearly subscription for $16.99 per year.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
BCR Cloud website: http://bcr.shape.ag
INTEGRATION WITH SALESFORCE1 HOW-TO GUIDE:
INTEGRATION WITH EXISTING CRM SYSTEMS HOW-TO GUIDE:
HOW TO GET GOOD RECOGNITION RESULTS
1. Place the business card on a flat surface.
2. Good lighting is key: bright desk lamp or direct sunlight are necessary.
3. Hold the device right above the card. Keep the card aligned with BCR viewfinder edges and adjust iPhone/iPad positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
4. Tap the screen to take the picture.
5. After the recognition is done, you can check the results.
6. Tap Save to add the contact into your iOS address book.
Compatible Salesforce Editions:
Developer, Enterprise, Group, Professional, Unlimited
What's New in Version 3.5
- New Feature: BCR Cloud is available as in-app subscription with a free trial. Easy edit your cards on the web and securely backup them in the Cloud.
- Excel export is fixed
- Added new languages: Czech, Estonian, Indonesian, Finnish, Polish
- Added bulk Delete function in Card Holder
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements
Works only so-so. Although I can take a picture of a business card and it transfers most of the information correctly, this app rarely gets the address correct. I nearly always have to delete the address information and input it manually. It does not matter if the font on the card is crystal clear and easy to read or not. I could understand some of the more difficult fonts out there but this happens no matter what. If they would fix this I would probably give it five stars. The fact that I have to pay for this app and it does not work 100%... I'm only rating it three stars.
Caution ! This costs more than you think !
I bought the app, paying the $6.99, which is more than for most apps. It was ok if the app did the job.
What you don't know when you buy the package is that it is pretty much worthless, unless you ante up more. For the purchase price, you get to export 5 cards.
After that, the scans just show gibberish.
I have a deadline and paid approximately another unplanned $20 for 90 days use of the program. Then it didn't work. I wrote a letter to support for help. They are in Europe. No help till tomorrow at best. I tried to revise the subscription, and suddenly it worked. No instructions when I subscribed. The app now seems to work. It was a very confusing, frustrating startup .
It works, but you should be told they will continue to have their hands out for more funds if you want to use the app.
Once you buy the app, you are kind of stuck.
Really useful app for professionals
Where was this before? Really convenient for new contacts and for digitizing my Rolodex. This makes it so much easier to put together all contacts. Still using this as I consolidate everything. Nice export feature too. I use this every week now. Beats having a Rolodex. I like that it has many languages available.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jul 20, 2015
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 96.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: SHAPE GmbH
- © 2015 SHAPE
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- East Asian (CJK) Language PackFree
- Export to Salesforce - 3 months$17.99
- Cloud Archive and Web Editor$16.99
- Export to Salesforce - 1 year$59.99