Business Card Reader Pro
By SHAPE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instant recognition of business cards right on your iPhone. Import contact information from a business card directly to your iOS Contacts. Out-of-the-box integration with LinkedIn, Salesforce and Evernote. Easy integration with other CRM systems. Featured in iPhone TV commercials.
"If you're a mobile networker, this is an app you'll definitely like." -TechCrunch
"Business Card Reader for iPhone is way better than the alternative. It's not free, but it'll easily pay for itself after your next new business card." -IntoMobile
"Working from home can mean spending a lot of time on the phone to keep in touch with colleagues or customers. To manage all these contacts' business cards, check out Business Card Reader" -The New York Times
"The best text scanning app yet." -TouchMyApps
Business Card Reader is an excellent tool for business people, exhibitors at trade shows, expo attendees and sales staff — anyone who networks regularly!
No need to manually enter contact information — Business Card Reader provides a time- and cost-efficient way to enter and organize important contacts.
Recognizes business cards in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Business Card Reader takes a picture of a business card, 'reads' it using text recognition technology and automatically fills in appropriate contact information fields in iOS address book, which can be easily checked and edited.
• Accurate recognition of business cards with multi-language support
• Smart contact field filling: emails, phone numbers, web sites
• Export to Salesforce (requires account with permission to add leads) and Evernote
• Optional integration with existing CRM systems
• LinkedIn support: search, contact adding, import of info and photo
• Business Card Holder allows you to search and sort contacts, e-mail and call contacts directly
• Anti-shake image capture
• Background image processing. Saves time when scanning multiple cards.
HOW TO GET GOOD RECOGNITION RESULTS
1. Place the business card on a flat surface.
2. Good lighting is key: bright desk lamp or direct sunlight are necessary.
3. Hold the device right above the card. Keep the card aligned with BCR viewfinder edges and adjust iPhone/iPad positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
4. Tap the screen to take the picture.
5. After the recognition is done, you can check the results.
6. Tap Save to add the contact into your iOS address book.
INTEGRATION WITH EXISTING CRM SYSTEMS HOW-TO GUIDE:
NOTE FOR SALESFORCE INTEGRATION
We recommend you to contact your Salesforce account representative in order to find out if API access is enabled under your Salesforce profile.
• iOS 5 and later
• iPhone 3GS or later, the new iPad or later
• On original iPad, iPad 2 and iPod Touch the app can be used to recognize business cards from images saved in the photo library.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Nice new update
This app was amazing already and the new look and feel is improving.
There are still some skeumorphic elements inside, but I'm sure you'll steadily improve this first-class app. Keep it up!
This update was pretty much an incremental improvement, fixing bugs and other nasty stuff, which is always welcome.
You can count this one as on of the most card readers apps from the AppStore, but the difference is that this one has pretty fine good looking interface and nicely optimized. I like this card reader, especially for its ability to easy share your scanned cards to cloud services. Worked fine for me. I rate 4, because we need more languages to be supported, for example - Russian.
Works very well!
I'm amazed at how well this app actually works. I tried it with 15 business cards, and there were only 5-6 mistakes that I had to correct, and even then, they were technically minor.
The one thing it did consistently was to not separate the city away from the street address, but that's an easy thing to check and fix before saving the contact.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 27, 2014
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 38.7 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: SHAPE GmbH
- © 2013 SHAPE
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.