By Alexander Gross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 118 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Try the free Lite version!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 178 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• 118 free instruments, 60 available in the in-app shop
• 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (input & output)
• Sampler to create custom instruments and kits from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 100 drum loops
• 10 real-time effects with lots of parameters:
Reverb, Delay, 3-Band-Equalizer, Filter, Phaser, BitCrusher, Amp, Compressor, Limiter, StereoWidener
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• MIDI import and export
• Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
• Share your songs via email, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, AudioCopy and SoundCloud
• Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer
• Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI and MIDI hardware.
Visit the forum at www.xewton.com - Questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome!
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
What's New in Version 2.6.5
Version 2.6.5 fixes a bug where the wave editor's ruler was empty.
New in version 2.6.4:
• Change the wave editor's ruler units to measures (beats) by tapping the LCD
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Music Studio is now also available on the Android Play Store!
Support us with your 5 star review to help keep the updates coming!
Improve Music Studio by reporting bugs and feature requests to the forum at www.xewton.com, we can't reply if you post them as a review.
Just got the "full" version last night...was impressed with the trial version, so went for it...played around for three hours before sleep time, then so far today, about three hours...seems there Are techno snobs out there who wouldn't be satisfied with a complete Pro Tools HD studio and a full, live orchestra sitting in front of them...I'm not one of those...I've been making music and experimenting with sound/recording since 1967. I have had the best and worst of equipment/technology...this is the 1st "app" I have ever rated...that said...using creativity, imagination and talent...if you can't make great music with this "app", maybe you should re-consider what you're doing...bottom line...this is a cool thing, with cool instrument sounds, nice layout, not over complicated, and ready to add inspiration and dimension to any of your multitrack adventures. I recommend the use of pre-amp etc. for the full enjoyment effect. That's my two cents...Thanks!
Brings back memories
This app is how I started making music back in 2011. I made so many songs on this app I'm pretty much the master of this app! I love this app cause it reminds me of 2012.. But that is one big problem. It looks exactly the same and sounds exactly the same. They really really need to update it to keep up with music now days. I work with fl studio now as a music producer making rap beats and I can say this app does not have up to date sounds with 2016 music. Really needs better and newer sounds and really needs a look update. Looks exactly the same as 4 years ago. They need more effects to and way more sounds. Once that's done I will be happy. But still love this app because it started me out in my music career.
Powerful yet not overly complicated
My review heading says it all. I've seen many apps that are so complex, it's a wonder anybody can make any music with them, but with this app you can create some pretty impressive sounds (check out the "Building An Orchestra" video by Xewton) without feeling like you need to pull your hair out, or go to school to be a rocket scientist first. To me, this is a level or two above Garageband - not so much in the learning curve but in the variety of available sounds. This is a highly recommended app to learn the art of iOS recording and music creation. My one complaint is that many of the instruments sound very unrealistic, otherwise I would give this 5 stars. Also recommended if you like this app is Looptical, although it has a little more of a learning curve.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 18, 2016
- Version: 2.6.5
- Size: 704 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Alexander Gross
- © 2016 Xewton GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All-in-one pack$6.99
- Electro package$3.99
- Band package$3.99
- Classic package$3.99
- 8-bit Kit$0.99
- Rock Drum Kit$0.99
- World package$4.99
- Lead E-Guitar$0.99