By Alexander Gross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 118 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Try the free Lite version!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 178 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• 118 free instruments, 60 available in the in-app shop
• 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (input & output)
• Sampler to create custom instruments and kits from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 100 drum loops
• 10 real-time effects with lots of parameters:
Reverb, Delay, 3-Band-Equalizer, Filter, Phaser, BitCrusher, Amp, Compressor, Limiter, StereoWidener
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• MIDI import and export
• Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
• Share your songs via email, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, AudioCopy and SoundCloud
• Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer
• Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI and MIDI hardware.
Visit the forum at www.xewton.com - Questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome!
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
What's New in Version 2.6.3
Support us with your 5 star review to help keep the updates coming!
NEW IN VERSION 2.6.3:
Improve Music Studio by reporting bugs and feature requests to the forum at www.xewton.com, we can't reply if you post them as a review.
Really wanted to like this app...
I have to honestly say that I'm not satisfied with Music Studio. A lot of the midi instruments don't sound good, especially the piano sounds which are most important for me since I'm a piano player. Other sounds that fall short are the church organ, bright electric piano, rock bass, and steel drum. Also, the string ensembles and orchestral flute sounds are too slow attack wise.
Other problems I feel are that the mixing capabilities aren't amazing, especially the EQ effect. Plus, they don't give you chorus! I even partitioned for a chorus effect on their website about a year ago. Obviously I was ignored. Another problem is that you can't export your song as MP3! They give you other options (AAC, Wave, MIDI) but forgot to include the most important one.
This app is nice for jotting down musical ideas, but for professional musicians, skip it.
Its a great app! Just please add a couple things
Please add an option to disable the key velocity. It gets annoying when im playing a user sound i sampled and the volume randomly changes because of the key velocity.
Also add the ability to add certain effects to certain sounds. I go from one sample to another and i have to change the effects or add effects. Basically the fact that the effects are based on the track and not the actual sound. Right now i basically have separate tracks for the sounds ima use live since i have certain effects for the each effect. I plan to use the live and through midi with a keyboard
First, and still one of the best.
This is the first "DAW" I ever purchased for iOS. If I had known then where it was headed, and how disappointing some of the others would be, it might also have been one of the last.
I thought that I had outgrown Music Studio, and I actually deleted it from my iPad to make room for newer DAWs. Most of them have been a drag. They either don't do what I need or they are full of glitches and bugs.
Recently, I put Music Studio back on my iPad, and realized that it has "grown up" into a truly powerful and useful music production studio, and with the Audiobus update, and the plans they have for future updates, I am happy with it.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 16, 2015
- Version: 2.6.3
- Size: 704 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Alexander Gross
- © 2015 Xewton GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All-in-one pack$6.99
- Electro package$3.99
- Band package$3.99
- Classic package$3.99
- 8-bit Kit$0.99
- Rock Drum Kit$0.99
- World package$4.99
- Lead E-Guitar$0.99