By Alexander Gross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 118 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Try the free Lite version!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 178 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• 118 free instruments, 60 available in the in-app shop
• 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Audiobus support (input & output)
• Sampler to create custom instruments and kits from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 100 drum loops
• 10 real-time effects with lots of parameters:
Reverb, Delay, 3-Band-Equalizer, Filter, Phaser, BitCrusher, Amp, Compressor, Limiter, StereoWidener
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• MIDI import and export
• Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
• Share your songs via email, Dropbox, AudioCopy and SoundCloud
• Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer
• Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with: CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI, Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer I & II, Akai SynthStation 25, iRig, iRig Mic, iRig MIDI, Yamaha i-MX1, Apogee Jam, Blue Mikey, Alesis IO Dock, iConnectMIDI, Line 6 Mobile Keys, Line 6 Mobile In, Tascam iU2 and many more.
Visit the forum at www.xewton.com - Questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome!
Video tutorials are available on the Xewton YouTube channel.
What's New in Version 2.5.2
Support us with your 5 star review to help keep the updates coming! New in version 2.5.2:
• Bug fixes
Improve Music Studio by reporting bugs and feature requests to the forum at www.xewton.com, we can't reply if you post them as a review.
I recommend it
I'm 40, and really have not kept up with music recording tech, but I knew I had to have this to write music on, so begrudgingly, I bought it. And then the clouds opened up to the vista of the sun's hue! It works really well. The only trouble I've had is understanding how to make songs in 6/8. It can't do that. It's also hard to make 8th note triplets and sextuplets. It can be done, you just have to work on it. The time signatures it offers are all in 4s: 3/4,c,5/4,6/4,7/4. So if you are planning a lot of swing music, which can be anything from the polka to jazz be bop to bluegrass full stop, you might want to look elsewhere. On the other hand, if you're good with this stuff, it may work for you. Other than those minor and semi-minor problems, the samples are very real; for example on double bass, there are different kinds: bowed, pizzicato, and others, and all are very, real. I spent years in high school band and college concert and marching band. And I didn't use the light version, I went for the throat and got the $15 full right away. Planning on making a full album on it this year, got 2 songs done for this current album. Yes it is excellent.
It's been trumped by cubasis
On so I HAD ON an iPhone 5 an an iPad Air1. NOT ANY MORE .... just bit it and got cubasis for 50$ a few weeks and it actually works with audio bus and iaa plugins and it can handle it and it's easy to delete unused audio files... And it WORKS. I can have Figure going, Samplr, Ikaossolator, and my vocalsmcoming in from audio bus and allll of them going to their own tracks with four plugins like Mastering land PeQ on them nanditnfreaking hangs... Omg. Deleted. Sorry Yusuf Studio... Catch up
First the fact that it keeps audio files you delete on your drive with no option of deleting when you deleted is lame. Secondly it used to not play back audio when adding more tracks but it does do that now. This is one that will actually, Went to two audio bus, well actually put the different instruments onto their own tracks instead of like, for GarageBand if you run a few synths and drum machines through audio bus to GarageBand, It'll all go to the same track. Not with this one. But it just crashes...
Worked with irig midi adapter
I hooked up the irig to my ipad 2 and used my WX11 midi wind controller and it worked better than any other app that I tried so far. Vol and other midi functions were great giving the limitations of this platform. I did notice that when controlling with a midi device the volume is set to zero when you are finished so to use the on screen keyboard you have to go and increase the vol on the instrument screen. I did not expect this to work well with the wind controller as many soft synths do not work well as most apps and software are not set up for breath control as they are set up for a midi keyboard. Don't expect to gig with this but it is great to practice with.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 17, 2014
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 700 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Alexander Gross
- © 2014 Alexander Gross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- All-in-one pack$6.99
- Electro package$3.99
- Band package$3.99
- Classic package$3.99
- 8-bit Kit$0.99
- Rock Drum Kit$0.99
- World package$4.99
- Lead E-Guitar$0.99