By Alexander Gross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 118 studio-quality instruments with sustain, a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Try the free Lite version!
AWARDS & REVIEWS
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, apps4idevices, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic dynamically configurable 85-key keyboard
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 178 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• 118 free instruments, 60 available in the in-app shop
• 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 24 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Audiobus support (input & output)
• Sampler to create custom instruments and kits from audio files and recordings
• Background audio playback and recording
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 100 drum loops
• 5 real-time effects with lots of parameters:
3 high-quality reverb algorithms, delay, 3-band equalizer, amplifier, filter
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
• Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
• Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• MIDI import and export
• Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
• Share your songs via email, Dropbox, AudioCopy and SoundCloud
• Wi-Fi and iTunes file transfer to your computer
• Songs and MIDI files can be opened directly from Safari and Mail
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone and iPad Retina Display supported
• Compatible with: CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Virtual MIDI, Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer I & II, Akai SynthStation 25, iRig, iRig Mic, iRig MIDI, Yamaha i-MX1, Apogee Jam, Blue Mikey, Alesis IO Dock, iConnectMIDI, Line 6 Mobile Keys, Line 6 Mobile In, Tascam iU2 and many more.
Visit www.xewton.com for video tutorials, forums and demo songs.
Free email support at email@example.com - Questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome!
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Support us with your 5 star review to help keep the updates coming!
• Bluetooth mode: enable this setup option in Music Studio and connect to your Bluetooth headphones/speakers in the iOS Settings.
• Bug fixes
Improve Music Studio by reporting bugs and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org, we can't reply if you post them as a review.
This app is awesome
It's great. I absolutely love it.
I have four suggestions that I think would improve the app.
First, would be a feature that would allow the tempo or time signature to change in the middle of the song.
Second, would be the option to add you own folders that you could save songs into, in order to keep things more organized. It get's pretty irritating when I have a list of over 100 songs, and I have too look for a certain one.
Third is there really needs to be a faster way to delete multiple sound files at once. A while ago I unzipped a file with over 3000 drum samples on accident, and I want to get rid of them now, but I can only slowly delete one at a time, which will takes forever if I continue to delete them that way.
Fourth isn't as important, but it would be nice if whenever you create your own custom instrument, you could take a picture or pull on from online to set as it's icon, so like if I created a sample of me plucking a guitar, I could then take a picture of that guitar and it would be the little icon, instead of every custom instrument having the same keyboard icon. Please add those if possible. I don't think that's asking for much It doesn't ruins the app that I have to do that, but it would make an already great app even better.
One of my core music apps.
I went ahead and saved everything individually and deleted the rest.
I'm raising the stars to 4 because music studio's filter helped me balance out one of my tracks Paradise by DJ Greggar.
Needs major bug fix won't let me save files to my empty Mac folder. Error says there is a duplicate file. But the folder is empty. It's wasting 1.6 gig of my memory.
Second major problem is music studio doesn't export to mp3 320kb. MP4 is not accepted by song kick to sell on iTunes. I had to waste 12 hours of my time converting 45 file endings and remastering.
Third please add an add album cover art feature. I'll pay $20 for that add on feature. We need real life easy solutions to save our time.
G at Vic org.
Please email if you want to discuss. I'll raise my rating back to 4 stars if the above 2 major issues are fixed. I will add the last star if you can add the add cover art feature. That oiled be an excellent 5 star all in one app. Thank you. Gadget, Kaossilator and Alchemy are my other favorites. Runners up are Magellan, Addictive, Nave, Figure. All worth buying.
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!
Love this app! The price of the full package is worth it. The clarity of the instruments are amazing and smooth on both newer iPhone 5 and mini-iPad. And the ease of playing makes it that much more enjoyable in no time.
My wish list: For this app to be accessible for the blind on all the menu tabs and corresponding list of choices, so a blind person can hear which instrument they are choosing with iPad's and iPhone's integrated iOS Voice Over. So that it is available and accessible for EVERYONE to play, love, and enjoy. My last word - Buy it you'll love it!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 01, 2014
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 704 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alexander Gross
- © 2014 Alexander Gross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- All-in-one pack$6.99
- Electro package$3.99
- Band package$3.99
- Classic package$3.99
- 8-bit Kit$0.99
- Rock Drum Kit$0.99
- World package$4.99
- Lead E-Guitar$0.99