When orphaned Robert Foster is seized at gunpoint from the peaceful village he calls home and flown a thousand miles to a city he’s never seen, he can only ask himself: why me? Escaping from his abductors into the dark metropolis, he vows to avenge the murder of the only family he’s ever known.
Play 10+ hours of intense narrative puzzle-solving, meeting an array of dazzling characters, to ultimately uncover a terrible truth.
“Whether you're an established fan of puzzle adventures or just a newcomer to the genre, Beneath a Steel Sky is an absolute delight.” 9/10, Neon Kelly, Videogamer.com
“This is a story rich and layered throughout...” 4/4 (must have), Keith Andrew, Slide to Play (Game of the month)
Set in a dystopian future, with an ironic twist, this remastered version has many special new features, including:
• Stunning new animated movies from Dave Gibbons, co-creator of 'Watchmen'
• Context-sensitive hint system
• Remastered audio track featuring re-sampled voices and higher quality music
English speech with Spanish, French, Swedish, Portuguese, German, Italian, and English subtitles.
This software is covered under the terms of the GNU General Public License Version 2. For the full text of this license please visit our website.
• General enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
It's Fun to Play but it's missing the Speed Control needed for later on in the game etc....! Unlike the PC version of the game that it's based on...! Also in terms of parity with other Revolution Software Remastered games Broken Sword 2: Remastered has a completion percentage indicator after you Save Your Game.
Since this is the Remastered version of Beneath a Steel Sky it probably should have a progress indicator as well too...!
Good adventure port
Very good port that represents it's genre and time period very well. I like this story because you can't screw yourself over mid-game like in the Kings Quest series. Decent controls and sound. I found exposing a hint will force close the app, but minor nuisance since hints aren't used that often unless you are very lazy.
Never played the original version. Great adventure game, amazing story. Perfectly optimized for touchscreen play. Very minor bugs, almost unnoticeable.
- Revolution Software Limited
- 172.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Revolution Software Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.