CNN App for iPhone
By CNN Interactive Group, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CNN connects you to the world, wherever you are.
Stay informed with the latest headlines and original stories from around the globe. Follow up-to-the-minute reporting with breaking news alerts and live video. Lead the conversation by sharing news and dig deeper into the stories that matter most to you.
• Get breaking news alerts and follow stories as they develop.
• Go beyond the surface with international, politics, opinion, tech and entertainment stories and more.
• Watch video clips and coverage of live events as they unfold. View your favorite CNN shows LIVE (as available; check with your cable, satellite or telco provider).*
• Contribute your story or opinion to CNN iReport by uploading photos and video directly from your app. Follow other iReporters and see stories from their point of view.
• Choose the font size that most appeals to you.
* Make sure your phone is not on vibrate and the volume is turned up for the best possible video experience.
Have questions or feedback on the CNN App? E-mail us at iPhone@cnn.com. We are always looking for suggestions on how to provide the best experience possible for you.
What's New in Version 2.2
Minor Bug Fixes
Push notifications to share things?
The news is almost all pop culture stuff. In the rare circumstance I find a news alert appealing I always find a reason to hate the app. Pre-roll video ads, fluff stories, and the latest irksome feature is sending me push notifications of an exciting headline, saying "watch this event live now" but what they mean is "turn on your tv because it's not streaming in the app. but first, share this misleading headline with a friend so they too can open the app to not find what you're pushing." Very annoying. Going straight to news websites gives a better experience.
App is awesome...news is too politically biased
I love how it just gives me quick headlines a few times every day (I have notifications enabled) and then I get to choose whether or not I want more information. If so, I click onto it and it brings me to the app. If not, I don't have to deal with it. I always feel like I'm up to date on the news that I'm interested in though. And with kids, that's saying a lot, because I refuse to turn on the news on TV.
This app is really reliable, I trust that just about anything of important news is there when I start up the app, and the content is always professionally brought to you by nobody better than CNN, great job!!