By Twitter, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, when it happens in the world, it happens on Twitter first. See all sides of the story. Join the conversation. Watch live streaming events. Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now.
- Watch premium and exclusive live streams directly from your mobile device. No account required.
- Go Live with a tap or sit back and watch events unfold from around the world.
- Discover what your favorite sports, news, politics, and entertainment thought leaders are talking about
- Experience dynamic media — like photos, videos, and GIFs
- Retweet, share, like, or reply to Tweets in your timeline
- Write a Tweet to let the world know what’s happening with you
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Discover Moments, curated stories showcasing the very best of today’s biggest events
- Get caught up on news headlines and videos
- Relive the latest sports highlights
- Be in the know about pop culture and entertainment
- See what fun stories are going viral
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile with a photo, description, location, and background photo
- Look back at your Tweets, Retweets, replies, media, and likes
- Get suggestions on influential people to follow
- Sync your contacts to find friends currently on Twitter or invite more
What's New in Version 7.9
A few minor updates to make Twitter an even better place.
Updated Oct. 11, 2017: it's worse than last update.
I can no longer move/reorder accounts, like I could, yesterday. Plus, there are huge lags, on some accounts. Yes, this is after uninstalling/installing, and then turning my phone off and back on. Is there any beta testing, before new versions are rolled out? It shouldn't be infested with bugs, and lag. Go back to one week ago, please, to version 7.7 or 7.8. Seriously, the last bad update we had, I used to go back to version 6.31.5 (courtesy of downloading it from my Mac), and it was a huge improvement in functionality, despite the giant step backward. It was worth it. Now I can’t even do that anymore, thanks to the bloody update on my Mac! Also, scrolling back to the top of a thread is a hugely bad idea. If you want to make it so we can toggle between seeing the first tweet or the last, great. Give us the option.
Older review (though still applicable):
Revert the app to one week ago, and don't touch it. Now, it lags, has fits and coughs, and quits... It's such a pain. I hate guinea-pigging updates. We shouldn't have to delete and reinstall to reset the app for better functionality.
I chain tweets together, and it's aggravating to be typing along...and have a lag. My fingers keep moving in the hopes that the app will catch up. It does, seconds later, when I should be already on my next tweet.
Needs to do a lot more about harassment
This app is everything you want in a social media application. There’s something here for everyone. I’ve been using twitter for three years and there isn’t much to say bad about the app. There’s sports, entertainment, breaking news, and even some hilarious videos that’ll make sure you’ll come back. I would recommend twitter to all of my friends (other than the ones already a user) because twitter is where it’s at!
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 11, 2017
- Version: 7.9
- Size: 180 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Twitter, Inc.
- © Twitter, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes