Chess With Friends
By Zynga Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take no prisoners and protect your King at all costs! Brought to you by the makers of Words with Friends, Chess with Friends Free is the best way to play Chess on iOS. Connect with friends and challenge them to one of the oldest, most popular games in the world. Play multiple games at the same time, track your moves and improve your stats.
Download Chess with Friends and start playing today!
This is the ‘no third party ads’ version!
PEOPLE LOVE CHESS WITH FRIENDS
• “Chess With Friends is hands down the best Chess game currently available in the App Store, because it was designed from the ground up to make multiplayer Chess easily accessible for all...” – OS X Reality
• “All in all, Chess With Friends is easily the most accessible and elegant form of Chess for the iPhone available, and it’s now free. Yes please.” – AppleInsider
• Connect with Facebook to play family and friends, or find and challenge a random opponent
• View your win, loss and draw stats to track your game play
• Relive the glory by replaying moves in existing and past games
• Encourage, boast or taunt your opponent with in-game chat
• Play multiple games at once across multiple mobile platforms
Already a fan of the game?
• Join the community on Facebook to discuss the game, give feedback and find more friends to play https://www.facebook.com/ChessWithFriends
• Follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/ChessWFriends for all of the latest news
If you like Chess With Friends, try our online word game, Word Streak With Friends.
• Use of this application is governed by the Zynga Terms of Service. These Terms are available through the License Agreement field below, and at http://m.zynga.com/legal/terms-of-service.
• The game is free to play, however in-app purchases are available for additional content and premium currency. In-app purchases range from $0.99 to $99.99.
• This game does permit a user to connect to social networks, such as Facebook, and as such players may come into contact with other people when playing this game.
• Terms of Service for Social Networks you connect to in this game may also apply to you.
• You will be given the opportunity to participate in special offers, events, and programs from Zynga Inc. and its partners.
• Must be 13+ to play.
What's New in Version 4.30
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Solid App-Could Be Better
I have enjoyed this app for some time. There are four things that would make this app a lot better. Better game sharing, saving favorite games, historical win/loss information, and a historical game reset button.
First, sharing games should allow me to share all of the moves that I can review and analyze myself.
Secondly, the app shows my total win/loss statistics (as in 9 games won, 10 games lost), but for older games I cannot see who beat whom. I understand not saving entire games forever, but I would like to see my record against individual players, or just a simple win/loss page listing all games & opponents.
Finally, a small but helpful improvement would be a reset button for historical games to get back to their beginning so that I can analyze the game without having to click the back button for every move until I reach the beginning myself.
I suppose some kind of coaching analysis post-game would be nice, but it would be a five-star app without that if it just improved game sharing and historical statistics. It's meant as a social game platform and does that very well. The paid version is a must because the advertisements are very intrusive on the free version, but it's not a bad deal anyway.
Great Social Chess app... Couple small requests
I've tried many chess apps, but this one poses best. I have played this app for about 3 yrs now... it is the easiest to connect and play against closer friends, thx to FB. I got a bunch of people hooked. Couple special requests from a die hard chess player and dedicated Chess W Friends patron:
-More Customization for boards and pieces
-Allow to save a couple games for replay purposes
-Having a "friends" list aside from FB would be great
-Please allow this to be compatible w Apple Watch, Words w Friends is compatible and I'm sure this wouldn't be much different
I have had CWF for a while and I am a fan. I recently upgraded my iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6 Plus and am now experiencing problems with the chat function. I am still able to send and receive messages but I cannot see what I am typing. That needs to be fixed. I admire the simplicity of the app but I would like to see an update with the interface. In addition, I would like to see stats as they correlate to individual opponents like Words With Friends. Also, some customization would be nice, e.g. different colors, board and piece styles. Zynga, PLEASE update this game!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 10, 2015
- Version: 4.30
- Size: 22.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zynga Mobile
- © 2014 Zynga Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.