Retina screen support, flip screen option, bugfixes, and more!
Also, check out our new game, the action-RPG adventure: Mage Gauntlet! Coming October 21st! Get it early for exclusive in-game items, and the early buyer's discount!
5 out of 5 score on Appvee.com!
4 out of 4 score on Slidetoplay.com!
Featured in the Best of 2009 for Toucharcade.com!
Featured under "Best Swinging Game" by Apple!
Read to the bottom for update news.
Hook Champ is a physics platformer about using a grappling hook to swing through haunted ruins at high speeds. Designed for immense replay value, Hook Champ features a retro style and the most hat fashion customization of any game on the market.
Check out our youtube trailer, lite version link, and more at http://www.rocketcat-games.com/hook/
- Easy to learn, with a seamless tutorial: Swing, walk, and leap to victory!
- Local, Global, and OpenFeint High Score boards for every single level! Beat developer scores for surprises!
- Total OpenFeint Support: Achievements! Ghost Race Challenges! Leaderboards, including Most Coins Board!
- Character Upgrades and Collectibles: Spend your loot on character upgrades and fancy hats!
- Pick up and Play: After closing the app for any reason, resume your game exactly where you left off.
- Supports playing your own music! Play music from your own library, or use ours.
- Varied Levels: Each level has its own special gameplay challenges.
- Unlocks: Get new Challenge Levels, new characters, and more for progressing in the game!
- Fast load times: Detailed "Pixel graphics" technology allows the average load time to be about a second!
Update 5 submitted! New features:
- New Music! Includes the long requested addition of level music!
- 4 new hats, related to our upcoming game Super QuickHook.
- Performance tweaks! Mostly related to sound performance.
- The triumphant return of Pro Mode.
- Various other tweaks/bugfixes.
Follow us on Twitter, @rocketcatgames
Don't miss the release day of our new game on Thursday, June 17th, for an early buyer's discount and exclusive in-game items!
-Added retina screen support for compatible devices! View the ruins in crystal clarity!
-Added a Flip Screen button to the settings menu.
-Game should now run in the background properly on applicable devices.
-Updated in-game OpenFeint version.
-Updated in-game news catalog.
Ratings and Reviews
Let me start off by saying this: This game is astoundingly well presented and executed. The graphics are very nice and well done, giving a sort of throwback feel when your playing. I found the spritework to be very awesome. The controls are very simple and easy to learn. The story, although very limited, sets a nice backdrop to your escapes. The banter before each escape (especially the Minigore temple) brings humorous fun to the game. Overall this is a great game. To anyone who is on the edge about purchasing this or not, I say go ahead and get it.
P.S. to anyone who is wondering there are thirty-six levels each of which have their own secrets to find. Openfeint highscoreboards and times are there (sadly no Gamecenter) to add replay value and motivation to do better. There is a huge multitude of hats and upgrades to buy. The two characters that are blanked out at the bottom (other than Gunny) require an extra $0.99 purchase (each) to unlock.
iOS 11 killed this game
I’m pretty sure there will be no update for this game in the future. And with iOS 11, 32-bit app support is gone, rendering this game unplayable unless you roll back to version 10.3
This is one of the greatest paid mobile games ever. Easy to learn, but hard to master and the final levels require true hooking expertise! But alas, there is no sequel, and there is no equal or greater game of this type. I hope the developers decide upon some miracle to update this amazing game, but I know it’s pretty much gone. This era of games (just before micro-transactions became huge) is gone.
Sad days. Very sad days
Yaaaay, Retina Display support!!
Finally! I love this game but it (previously) looked so blurry that I was reluctant to play it at most times, but now it's perfect!
Oh, and as for the content of the game... that generally tends to be important, right? Yeah. It's amazing. If you're still sitting there thinking about buying this game, just click on the buy button. Just do it.
- GameClub Inc.
- 20.5 MB
- Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Rocketcat Games
- In-App Purchases
- Hookbot $0.99
- Zelle the Bounty Hunter $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.