By Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shazam recognizes music and media playing around you. Tap the Shazam button to instantly tag, and then explore, buy, share and comment. Tagging is unlimited, so use Shazam as much as you want.
Once you’ve tagged something, you can:
○ Buy from iTunes (and find others by the same artist)
○ Watch the videos on YouTube
○ Share tags on Shazam Friends
○ Use LyricPlay to sing along to streamed lyrics
○ Check out the artist’s bio and discography
You can also:
○ Preview and save your favorite tags
○ Share tags on Twitter, Facebook & G+
○ Explore what’s popular around the world with Shazam’s Interactive Maps
○ Tag without coverage, Shazam will match when you have a connection
○ Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country. Previews are courtesy of iTunes.
○ Lyrics and LyricPlay™ available: US, CA, UK, FR, IT, DE, ES, AU, NZ
What's New in Version 7.4.1
Minor bug fixes.
Newer isn't always better.
Before I start this review let me say that is app is by far the best music identifying app there is out there and getting the paid version is worth it, one of the first apps I ever downloaded (in 2009) and still have to this day (in 2014). However, the updates over time have killed the ease of the app. I don't want any news feed, I don't want to know what my friends on Facebook Shazamed, I don't want notifications on bands your advertising. I want to know what song is playing and save it to a list so I can purchase it later. The vibrate feature comes and goes every other release. When I open the app sometimes it does not listen to the sound, I have to press the shazam circle, see that is not detecting sound, press stop, and then try again (it usually works correctly the second time). The other thing that is annoying that was added on was it won't detect a song from a tv show, it picks up the tv show.. You now get a list of all the songs on that tv show, so play all of the clips until you find the specific song you wanted. So yea, this is better than sound hound and I'll continue to use this app over any other because when it works, it works the best. Make the app simple again, turn off the crap, and add the vibrate feature again. Don't notify me about bands you think ill like because I won't.
Paid app is worth the annoying extras.
This app was able to pick songs out of strong background noise and loud talkers 99.5% of the times if tried, the app even says it can't do that but has for me so far. Yes, the news feed is annoying, don't like the suggested artists most of the time but getting my friends tags is kinda cool. If you like what they tag you can add it to your list. As the program has improved it's ability to recognize music, they've added and removed some annoying/ good features but it's still worth the trouble.
Love the app. Needs a tour button
I'd say this app falls in my top 3 fav apps.
It's a bit difficult to navigate but very efficient. Lots of fun. Soon as someone asks who sings that or what are the lyrics, 2 taps and I can tell them everything they need/want/don't want to know. Love it!
If there is a tour button, it's just not been easy to find for me. I've just had to navigate and figure it all out and as it changes that makes it even more crazy.
All in all, awesome App. I'd say in my too 3!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 25, 2014
- Version: 7.4.1
- Size: 32.6 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Shazam Entertainment Limited
- © 2013 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.