Walmart - Savings Catcher, Shopping and Pharmacy App
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Save time & money with the Walmart app, featuring Savings Catcher and Pharmacy.
Our in-store shopping tools make it easy to find items in your store, check prices and availability, and more. Share your location with us so we'll know which Walmart store you're in.
Looking to grab great values on the go? The Walmart app helps you find and buy quality products at unbeatable prices whether you’re shopping at home, in our stores or anywhere in between.
--Introducing Savings Catcher, a New Way to Catch Savings!-- 1) Scan your store receipt using the Walmart app.
2) Savings Catcher compares the prices of eligible items on your receipt against the advertised deals offered by top competitors in your area.
3) If a lower advertised price is found, we’ll give you back the difference on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card.
* Now get 2X the Reward Dollars from Savings Catcher by redeeming to your Bluebird Account, a checking and debit alternative brought to you by Walmart and American Express.
--Savings Made Easy--
* Shop for hundreds of thousands of items beyond what’s in our stores.
* Get free shipping when you choose our store pickup option. Simply pick up your items at any Walmart store.
* Enjoy free, easy returns. Ship your item back to us or stop by any Walmart store for a quick, in-person return.
* Shop Rollbacks and Value of the Day to save a bundle.
--Shop Smarter-- * Check product prices, ratings/reviews, store inventory and more.
* Scan barcodes and QR codes for additional shopping information. * Type, speak or scan items to build your Shopping List and track total cost.
* Find store hours and directions.
* Browse your Walmart store’s Weekly Ad.
* Order, refill and transfer * View pharmacy prescriptions
--We’ve Won Awards!--
* Mobile App of the Year & Mobile Retailer of the Year (Mobile Commerce Daily)
* #1 in Commerce (Mobile Excellence Awards)
* Best in Class for Mobile Commerce & Marketing (eTail)
Save money. Live better.
What's New in Version 5.2
• Want to know the cost of an individual item that’s part of a pack, like diapers or energy bars? We’ve added the price per unit on both the item page and the shelf page for many items. This makes it easier to compare items of various sizes, weights and unit totals.
• Bug fixes and enhancements
Back to Kroger
My wife and I have been enjoying the use of this app since before Christmas. It offered a convenient way to track receipts and guaranteed that we would get the lowest advertised prices. As we used the App more I stopped shopping at other stores that were a little more convenient on my way home from work (and stores that have a better selection and maintain better stock) because it was so so handy to keep track of all of our spending for groceries on this app. Unfortunately, because Walmart was not serious about the promise of offering the lowest prices, we can no longer track all of our Walmart receipts. Walmart is now limiting us to 7 receipts a week and will no longer match prices of stores that just last week they considered competitors. I am a Walmart Maven and have made a habit of defending Walmart against its critics. This was a huge penny-pinching error by Walmart. So we're off to Kroger to do our shopping today. This is truly irreparable damage because I will no longer have access to the receipts that I otherwise would have collected. Bad show Walmart!
What a Joke!
I am pretty sure the following meeting went down in January:
Walmart Executive: We are making trillions of dollars every year, but we still need to figure out why we're losing some pennies over in the savings catcher department. I need everyone to think of what we can eliminate from this program to save these pennies.
Walmart employee: We can eliminate produce from the program, because that's 1/3 of what people buy. And we should stop comparing to drug stores, because they are usually the dudes who beat our prices on other name brand stuff.
Walmart Executive: Amazing ideas!!! We will implement them, and I'll send out an email and close it with, "As always, we're committed to saving you money." People will buy it.
I am disgusted with Walmart. Since they implemented the above changes, and others, this app is useless. I've saved a total of $1 over the last 2 months. Really? You're telling me that no other stores have had lower prices? Whatever. I hate price matching. I hate getting in line behind people that price match. It's completely obnoxious. That's why I liked the savings catcher. I used to get back $5-10 per month with it. (Which really isn't much) Now I get $1. I cannot fathom why you would price match an item, that you won't allow for savings catcher. Except I can, always looking out for that bottom line eh? Well, I am too. And for me, that means no longer shopping at your store if there is any other option. So long, Walmart.
I really do like this app however there are a few problems I have with this app. My biggest is that there is no access to the photo department without going into the browser! Walmart really needs to add that option to the current app or have a separate one. I would like to be able to use the app not only to upload pictures but to work on projects. (ie photo books, blankets, cups....) My next issue is with the price scanner. I love the ability to scan an item and find out the cost but lately when I scan items it tells me it can't find it. Please fix it! The savings catcher is a very nice touch and has come in handy and pushed A LOT of my friends, who wouldn't down load the app before, to download the app! I hope the new changes with the savings catcher aren't to drastic, I liked it how it was personally.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 05, 2015
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 22.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Walmart
- © 2012 Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.