By Logitech Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Touch Mouse by Logitech turns your iPhone or iPod touch into a wireless trackpad and keyboard for your computer.
Do you connect your computer to your TV? Touch Mouse is the perfect solution for when you want to stay in control from the comfort of your couch. Point, click, scroll and type in any application—on a Mac or a PC.
Touch Mouse works over Wi-Fi, so you can use it anywhere in the house. And to make typing easier, text is displayed on the screen of your iPhone or iPod touch as you type, so you can see what you’re doing without having to continually look up and down.
- Multi-touch trackpad with option for two or three buttons
- Two-finger scrolling
- Keyboard with modifier keys
- On-screen text display while typing
- Show or hide the keyboard at any time
- Trackpad and keyboard are available in landscape and portrait modes
To make Touch Mouse work, you will need to download the Touch Mouse Server software from www.logitech.com/touchmouse and install it on your Mac or PC. This software enables the Touch Mouse app on your iPhone or iPod touch to find your computer and communicate with it.
- Mac with OS X 10.5 or higher
- PC with Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Computer and iPhone or iPod touch must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Touch Mouse Server software must be installed and running on the computer you want to control
Improvements would make it excellent.
I use it everyday. Great for navigating from the couch with ease, and typing long winded essays. There are a few things worth mentioning which keeps this app from it's full potential.
1. All security dialog pop ups on the PC makes Touchmouse become inactive, and security dialogs must be manually accepted by using the PC mouse. Once accepted, then you can resume Touchmouse.
2. Touch mouse app does not pass Windows security checks upon reboot or upon executing the app. Which means it can not be listed as a startup app in Windows 7 and Touchmouse must be manually executed in between reboots before use.
3. The iPhone app R/L button could be smaller or retract to give touch surface more surface area in portrait mode to avoid accidental clicking. Incorporate a TAB key to circumvent the minimized touch surface in landscape mode.
4. The iPhone app Shift up key stays active during keyboard use and is a frustrating with an already tedious QWERTY layout. Which means you have to manually uncapitalize letters.
5. Have an option to turn off/on landscape mode with iPhone app. Flopping between the two modes when you move the phone is not very useful in most situations. However, landscape is useful for quicker typing.
6. Add a couple of function buttons F4, F5 and TAB button for us power users on the iPhone app.
In short, great for simple use, but tedious for a true on the couch PC entertainment, surfing, and typing experience.
This app is perfect and work without any lag. For those who rate this app badly here's 2 things: first your router must be really old... Check if it work by coal. If yes, maybe consider upgrading for something earlier than 1920's technology would be nice. My second points is: you really must be stupid if you can't setup something easy like that. 2 step and 3 click for giving exception in firewall is something my 6 months old daughter can do... Remember that this FREE app will make you NOT spend up to $100 for wireless keyboard and mouse (which I did few months ago) so that app is essential for many people. Would have paid for it and there's paid apps like this one who are REALLY scrap.
Maybe adding some feature to the keyboard (F buttons, ESC, etc) would make me rate it 6/5 stars! But thanks a lot really superb!!
Has some issues
I do like this app in general but there is a major bug and one thing I wish they would change. When using the app it will randomly get stuck in selection mode. I will click in a certain part of my text on the computer and then when I move my mouse, it starts selecting even though I'm not holding down the left button. I can't seem to get it to stop so I usually end up restarting the app. This creates a huge problem because if text is selected and u hit a key on your keyboard, that text gets replaced. So be careful. I'd also love to see an option where u can disable the keyboard button at the bottom. I accidentally hit that all the time when I'm not meaning to and then it starts typing when I'm trying to use the mouse. Maybe if they add an option to not have that on the main screen.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Released: Jan 12, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Logitech Inc.
- ©2009 Logitech
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.