5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner (Extra Feeds)
By Smartest Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
60% Off Sale Today. To celebrate our 20 millionth download, we have dropped the price to its lowest ever.
Listen to your local police radio live to get the latest news and stories before everyone else does.
Join the tens of thousands of new users daily and tap into over 35,000 live police, firefighter, emergency medical ambulance, air traffic control, railroad, and music stations.
* Why Upgrade to Pro? *
- Record Feeds and Email Recordings
- Sleep Timer / Alarm
- Siren Noise maker
- Adds over 50,000 more feeds
- Access to cool skins
- A station search feature
- Music feeds
- News radio feeds
- Comedy radio feed
- Removes ad banner
- Get new feature updates
"Hot App of the Day" - Appmodo
As seen on 9to5 Mac, MacWorld, Wired Magazine and various other news organizations.
* iPad Version Available *
We've also dropped the price on the iPad version of 5-0 Radio. Look for 5-0 Radio HD in the Utility category on your iPad.
Listen to real events happening live in other parts of the world or in your local town. Listen to airport control tower chatter in the background while you run other apps. Listen to new music as you surf the web. Share the music you are listening to with your friends. They do not need to buy this app to listen to the feeds that you share with them.
* Features *
- Listen to feeds in the background while you run other apps or write emails/text messages.
- Chat with other listeners in real time.
- International support. There are feeds in almost all parts of the world, including USA, Canada, Australia, Chile, Russia, Japan, Sweden, UK, Israel, Europe, and more.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Browse one of the largest collection (35,000+) of feeds you will ever find in the app store.
- Search through the feeds with any keywords (enter your city name to find local radio stations).
- Browse through feeds by genre (Police, Railroad, Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, R & B, etc.)
- Customizable Interface. Download new skins for free or create your skins. Go to SmartestApple.com/skins for more skins.
- Integrated map finds your location and the location of most scanner feeds.
- List the Top 100 most-listened to feeds so that you wouldn't miss an important event
- Catalog is instantly updated as soon as you start browsing it, with new feeds added every few hours.
- Built-in Web Browser; so that you can browse the web while using this app. The built-in web browser is a powerful browser that can block ads.
- Use the built-in web browser to browse the web for more feeds such as air traffic control feeds, weather, and railroad.
- Search for air traffic control feeds by the airport code (i.e. LAX, JFK, HKG).
- Share feeds to your friends by email. All they need is a computer or iPhone to listen to your feeds.
- Listen to feeds on your own desktop computer or laptop. Just email a link to the feed to yourself and open it with iTunes.
- You location not listed here? Add your own feeds. There are plenty of feeds on the internet. Now you can add them all to one app.
- Your favorite feeds show up as soon as you start the app, and they can be sorted/edited by you.
Want to make a feed request or a list of available police feeds? Go to http://SmartestApple.com for more information on how to do so.
What's New in Version 36.0
Fixed compatibility issues with iOS 8
Fixed various bugs
Defiantly worth the money. The only thing I wish was feasible, is the ability to have every county's fire, police, and EMS channels setup the way they are for that county. e.g. Nassau county fire 3rd battalion has its own channel. 4th prescient has its own and so on. I know that would take way to much to accomplish, but I would pay more for the app if it did and I know a whole lot of other people would too. I don't care about 90% of what's in here. If I could just get whatever Nassau county FD, PD, and all FDNY channels the way I could on a scanner, I would pay $50 for the app or even something like a $5 a month fee to have it. Think about it, anybody that has this app has it because they can't hear what they want on a scanner. I lived on Long Island my whole life an was a FF/EMT but moved a few years ago and now I'm way to far away to pick it up on my scanner. That's why I and probably 95% of the other people here have the app. At first I rated this app A+ because it had a dedicated 3rd battalion channel. Now it's gone. Make my idea happen and you'll make way more money and way more people happy. Just give me a little kick back if you do. I'm broke lol.
Good app in current release version - could use some enhancements to be 5 star
As a shortwave operator, owner of multiple scanners and an ex firefighter this app seems to suffice. There are many channels missing in my area (Delco, chester counties, etc) and though I didn't put great effort in, I could not find feeds or a windows or other audio interface service app to connect to my 6 existing scanners (scanner antennas atop my 10 meter full wave joe gun antenna and offer them as streams - that could be my error ...
The one feature desperately missing is multiple channel scanning support simultaneously so it works on several channels at once... Since apple sdk and most 3G networks allow 144 or 166 Kbps down from AppStore certified apps and most feeds are 16kbps to 32 Kbps scanner apps should be able to maintain open connections to several feeds applying an amplitude detection method to stop on channels with action.
Finally at least one or two priority channels also, so these are checked more frequently and override all other calls.
This app does what it claims and is worth the purchase but could use some enhancements to be a 5 star utility!
Hope this helps!
My favorite app
This is absolutely my favorite app. I am planning on taking the suffolk county police exam in June, and listening to the police radio absolutely fascinates me and keeps me informed and entertained. It has kept me from taking my child for a walk in a park when there was a mentally disturbed person there, who was missing and the police were looking for them. Best app around. Occasionally the feed will be down but I added 5-0 radio pro as a friend on Facebook so now if it's down I send an email to suffolk police and it is up and running again within minutes.
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 02, 2014
- Version: 36.0
- Size: 11.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Smartest Apps LLC
- © Smartest Apps, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.