5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner (Extra Feeds)
By Smartest Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
60% Off Sale Today. To celebrate our 25 millionth download, we have dropped the price to its lowest ever.
Listen to your local police radio live to get the latest news and stories before everyone else does.
Join the tens of thousands of new users daily and tap into over 50,000 live police, firefighter, emergency medical ambulance, air traffic control, railroad, and music stations.
* Why Upgrade to Pro? *
- Record Feeds and Email Recordings
- Sleep Timer / Alarm
- Siren Noise maker
- Adds over 50,000 more feeds
- Access to cool skins
- A station search feature
- Music feeds
- News radio feeds
- Comedy radio feed
- Removes ad banner
- Get new feature updates
"Hot App of the Day" - Appmodo
As seen on 9to5 Mac, MacWorld, Wired Magazine and various other news organizations.
* iPad Version Available *
We've also dropped the price on the iPad version of 5-0 Radio. Look for 5-0 Radio HD in the Utility category on your iPad.
Listen to real events happening live in other parts of the world or in your local town. Listen to airport control tower chatter in the background while you run other apps. Listen to new music as you surf the web. Share the music you are listening to with your friends. They do not need to buy this app to listen to the feeds that you share with them.
* Features *
- Listen to feeds in the background while you run other apps or write emails/text messages.
- Chat with other listeners in real time.
- International support. There are feeds in almost all parts of the world, including USA, Canada, Australia, Chile, Russia, Japan, Sweden, UK, Israel, Europe, and more.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Browse one of the largest collection (35,000+) of feeds you will ever find in the app store.
- Search through the feeds with any keywords (enter your city name to find local radio stations).
- Browse through feeds by genre (Police, Railroad, Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, R & B, etc.)
- Customizable Interface. Download new skins for free or create your skins. Go to SmartestApple.com/skins for more skins.
- Integrated map finds your location and the location of most scanner feeds.
- List the Top 100 most-listened to feeds so that you wouldn't miss an important event
- Catalog is instantly updated as soon as you start browsing it, with new feeds added every few hours.
- Built-in Web Browser; so that you can browse the web while using this app. The built-in web browser is a powerful browser that can block ads.
- Use the built-in web browser to browse the web for more feeds such as air traffic control feeds, weather, and railroad.
- Search for air traffic control feeds by the airport code (i.e. LAX, JFK, HKG).
- Share feeds to your friends by email. All they need is a computer or iPhone to listen to your feeds.
- Listen to feeds on your own desktop computer or laptop. Just email a link to the feed to yourself and open it with iTunes.
- You location not listed here? Add your own feeds. There are plenty of feeds on the internet. Now you can add them all to one app.
- Your favorite feeds show up as soon as you start the app, and they can be sorted/edited by you.
Want to make a feed request or a list of available police feeds? Go to http://SmartestApple.com for more information on how to do so.
What's New in Version 39.1
Revamped player interface
- You can now choose any image from your photo library as a new skin and it will be set as the background of the player (try it out).
- Landscape mode now takes advantage of the entire width of the device
- Tapping the various GUI elements (such as the clock and speaker image) will hide and unhide them
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPad users on iOS 8 can choose skins now (bug fix)
- Updated station database
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to see ads in the app.
If you know the frequencies of the organizations you want to listen to, then a "real" scanner is for you. However, if you don't, then this is your best bet for finding out what is going on. My pet peeve is, it covers the railroad I want to monitor, but not the section I'm interested in. I live in the north; it just covers the south. I have to try to figure out if the trains I hear are coming my way. But, for local 911 and other civilian channels, it does a right fine job of keeping me informed. Either way, it's a worthwhile purchase.
Remember 30 years ago having to buy 'crystals' for your 4-channel hand held, or the 10-channel desk model that were pre-set to various PD frequencies? LOL ! Those days have long passed, and what's great, the available phone apps that brings you all the action from around the world! This app is satisfying in every way. No more buying high dollar scanners when this App turns your phone into a multi-state, multi-city, multi-agency scanner! You will NOT be disappointed!
I can only pick up one agency in my area but on that it works just like a regular scanner.... except I don't have to carry around (and keep charged) a whole separate device. The channel it picks up for me is fire rescue for our county, so if an event is big enough, I'll know ( I work as a photojournalist... We subscribe to a service that monitors most agencies, but I have several times picked up something on the app before getting a text from our monitoring service. )
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 19, 2015
- Version: 39.1
- Size: 45.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Smartest Apps LLC
- © Smartest Apps, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.