5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner (Extra Feeds)
By Smartest Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
60% Off Sale Today. To celebrate our 25 millionth download, we have dropped the price to its lowest ever.
Listen to your local police radio live to get the latest news and stories before everyone else does.
Join the tens of thousands of new users daily and tap into over 50,000 live police, firefighter, emergency medical ambulance, air traffic control, railroad, and music stations.
* Why Upgrade to Pro? *
- Record Feeds and Email Recordings
- Sleep Timer / Alarm
- Siren Noise maker
- Adds over 50,000 more feeds
- Access to cool skins
- A station search feature
- Music feeds
- News radio feeds
- Comedy radio feed
- Removes ad banner
- Get new feature updates
"Hot App of the Day" - Appmodo
As seen on 9to5 Mac, MacWorld, Wired Magazine and various other news organizations.
* iPad Version Available *
We've also dropped the price on the iPad version of 5-0 Radio. Look for 5-0 Radio HD in the Utility category on your iPad.
Listen to real events happening live in other parts of the world or in your local town. Listen to airport control tower chatter in the background while you run other apps. Listen to new music as you surf the web. Share the music you are listening to with your friends. They do not need to buy this app to listen to the feeds that you share with them.
* Features *
- Listen to feeds in the background while you run other apps or write emails/text messages.
- Chat with other listeners in real time.
- International support. There are feeds in almost all parts of the world, including USA, Canada, Australia, Chile, Russia, Japan, Sweden, UK, Israel, Europe, and more.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Browse one of the largest collection (35,000+) of feeds you will ever find in the app store.
- Search through the feeds with any keywords (enter your city name to find local radio stations).
- Browse through feeds by genre (Police, Railroad, Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, R & B, etc.)
- Customizable Interface. Download new skins for free or create your skins. Go to SmartestApple.com/skins for more skins.
- Integrated map finds your location and the location of most scanner feeds.
- List the Top 100 most-listened to feeds so that you wouldn't miss an important event
- Catalog is instantly updated as soon as you start browsing it, with new feeds added every few hours.
- Built-in Web Browser; so that you can browse the web while using this app. The built-in web browser is a powerful browser that can block ads.
- Use the built-in web browser to browse the web for more feeds such as air traffic control feeds, weather, and railroad.
- Search for air traffic control feeds by the airport code (i.e. LAX, JFK, HKG).
- Share feeds to your friends by email. All they need is a computer or iPhone to listen to your feeds.
- Listen to feeds on your own desktop computer or laptop. Just email a link to the feed to yourself and open it with iTunes.
- You location not listed here? Add your own feeds. There are plenty of feeds on the internet. Now you can add them all to one app.
- Your favorite feeds show up as soon as you start the app, and they can be sorted/edited by you.
Want to make a feed request or a list of available police feeds? Go to http://SmartestApple.com for more information on how to do so.
What's New in Version 39.1
Revamped player interface
- You can now choose any image from your photo library as a new skin and it will be set as the background of the player (try it out).
- Landscape mode now takes advantage of the entire width of the device
- Tapping the various GUI elements (such as the clock and speaker image) will hide and unhide them
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPad users on iOS 8 can choose skins now (bug fix)
- Updated station database
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to see ads in the app.
Top 5 Favorite App
I've been happy with this app from the start. The fee is well worth paying for upgrading to the pro version, not only because it's ad-free but also for all the fun bonus feeds that come with it. My only disappointment is that I have a few (mostly local) feeds that indicate their on-air status as available, but are almost never able to stream. I suppose this could be an issue with the feed source itself and not the app, so I haven't let that issue affect my overall opinion or rating. Also, this app is fun - who else doesn't enjoy being nosy about where those sirens you just heard are heading?
I listen to local only stations, but love knowing what the issues are in our town. My son-n-law is an officer and I can see trials and tribulations the officers incur day in day out. I am enjoying the EMS/Fire, Sheriff Dept. as well since they are all listed together. I wish I was able to identify immediately which dept. is broadcasting. I usually can determine from locations, but not always. It would be nice to select a single department only. The app has worked great and I have recommended it to friends. It is a great service to those who have an interest or need to listen to calls. Most of the time there are 24 + listeners.
Pro?-drops my connections and doesn't let me get it back
Sure the ads are gone, but $4 for that just seems a bit excessive. I didn't need extra feeds, I live in an area with only one relevant feed!
Don't care about the find friends thing, or anything else pro offers, iPhones offer that already. Waste of time... All I wanted was ads gone. What I got was that plus my connection randomly dropping and not being able to restart for 2-3 minutes at a time. So they'll be in the middle of talking and *bam* there goes my radio, and when I go back to connect? Nothing. It won't start. Even when I close and reopen the app, nothing. Thanks, pro.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 19, 2015
- Version: 39.1
- Size: 45.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Smartest Apps LLC
- © Smartest Apps, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.