SpeakEasy Voice Recorder
By Zarboo Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Why settle for just taking voice memos when you can have a full feature recording studio right in your pocket? Record and playback notes, reminders, or just about anything from your iPhone's built-in microphone. SpeakEasy gives you a recording studio that fits into your pocket! Intuitive and fun, SpeakEasy is the premier voice recorder for your iPhone.
- Continue recording to an existing recording
- Bluetooth headset support
- WiFi Sharing of recordings
- Listen to and download your recordings right from your browser using the built-in SpeakEasy Connect WiFi
- Add a photo, title, and now GeoTag location to any recording
- Email your recordings with photo and geotag
- Turn your recordings into custom ringtones (use your web browser and SpeakEasy Connect WiFi to download your ringtones)
- View your recordings in wave form
- Pause and continue both recording and playback
- Volume boost digitally amplifies low volume recordings
- Easily group and organize your recordings by category
- Adjust the audio quality directly within SpeakEasy (from 8 to 44.1 kHz sample rate)
- Interruption protection allows you to continue recording after a phone call interruption
- Optional new recording indicators both within SpeakEasy and on the home screen icon
- On the go recording options allow for quick start and save
- Unlimited recording length
- Beautifully animated and intuitive user interface with large, easy to touch buttons
- Customize your experience with selectable color schemes
- Works with iPhone and second generation iPod Touch. IMPORTANT: The first generation iPod Touch is not supported by SpeakEasy. Using SpeakEasy with a second generation iPod Touch requires iPhone compatible earbuds with a built-in microphone.
What's New in Version 2.1
Landscape orientation support in the SpeakEasy Studio.
New trim feature with an awesome new user interface.
All settings now incorporated into the application.
Several new color options added making SpeakEasy even more customizable.
Categories can now be edited directly within the category list and from the category selector in the Studio.
Improved performance and faster application load.
won't download recordings
I've spent hours painstakingly trying to wirelessly download my recordings, with no luck. I've tried both the $1.99 and $2.99 versions- sometimes they download partially, sometimes it just won't initiate. The "iTunes version" doesn't open in iTunes. I sold an actual digital voice recorder because I thought this was substitute - wish I had read the reviews first.
The interface is nice, but don't buy this app if you don't want your recordings marooned on your phone. Someone should tell Zarboo that "WiFi" downloading isn't cooler than plugging in a cord - especially if it doesn't work.
The app keeps crashing
I bought this app and have been using it for years and lately the app is crashing after I press the stop record button. I have lost almost 12 recordings in the last 30 days because of this. These are vital recordings for my business. In the App Store I have clicked on the app support link and it takes me to a website Google Adwords type non existent business website and it looks like the company is not in business or supporting this paid app any longer....disappointing but I guess I'll need to find another app for voice recording
Serious Problem listening to Voice Notes if you upgrade to iOS4
I have been using this App for years, especially since it lets you use Bluetooth, but with iOS4 when you listen to 1 voice note and go back to the rest of the voice notes are gone. If you close the app and restart you can get to them 1 at a time. I came to iTunes to see what was up and it does appear that Zarboo Software is no more.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Feb 11, 2010
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Zarboo Software, LLC
- © 2009 Zarboo Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.