Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Special value deal: get the TomTom app now for only $24.99 instead of $49.99.
TomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation that’s trusted by millions of drivers.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turn.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a mobile data connection or large mobile data plan. Updated for free with every major release.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million strong Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times - at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 4G-enabled iPads, iPhone 3 and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 5th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G/GS, original iPad, original iPod touch and iPod touch 2nd/3rd/4th gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.19.3
- POWER SAVING SWITCH: You can now toggle power saving in the Advanced Settings. If you are not using a 2 Amp car charger we recommend that you enable this mode to save your battery.
- BETTER NETWORKING: We have fixed an issue that caused problems for some users of TomTom Services.
- BUG FIX: The app now always remembers changes to your saved locations, destinations and settings.
OK, I'm not one who normally writes reviews because sometimes I feel that not everyone reads them. I've decided to make an exception and tell what happened tonight. I'm also not one who uses my GPS on a regular basis, unless I'm venturing into unfamiliar territory or driving out of town. Tonight on the way home from work, traffic was basically a standstill. I decided to open the TomTom app, and since I pay for the traffic updates, it found a new route home that saved me 15 minutes of being in traffic, so I was able to get home at my normal time! If you do a lot of traveling, or like me, and only travel a few times a year, get this app, and pay a little extra for the traffic updates (which is what, $15 or $30 PER YEAR)! You never know what is going to be thrown at you on your journey to your destination. This can and will save you time and the frustrations of being stuck behind the wheel going nowhere.
Good app, hideous design
Well, the app is pretty good and the maps are great. They have been accurate for me so far and it seems like they receive regular updates.
I think the designers completely threw the Apple interface guidelines out the window, though. The app is not intuitive at all, and it’s pretty ugly. The voice is completely unnatural, even for words like “highway” which you hear a lot. And there are only three new voices that you can buy.
Some updates like new, natural Siri-like voices, iPhone 6+ display support, and some interface guidelines would be great.
Oh yeah, having the maps on the phone is AMAZING! No internet required for navigating!
I bought this when it was originally released, and it's come a long way since then. TomTom seems to have finally gotten the search right, and there are some great touches like the ability to adjust the ratio of app-to-music volume. Used on an iPhone 5 or better, functions are very snappy. I have no complaints about the navigation. You can customize a lot of settings in the app now, and it is much, much more flexible in that regard.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 26, 2015
- Version: 1.19.3
- Size: 1.54 GB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2015 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Months TomTom Traffic$14.99
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic$1.99
- Mr. Burns$5.99
- Marge Simpson$5.99
- Wallace & Gromit$5.99