Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Special value deal: get the TomTom app now for only $24.99 instead of $49.99.
TomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation that’s trusted by millions of drivers.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turn.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a mobile data connection or large mobile data plan. Updated for free with every major release.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million strong Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times - at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 4G-enabled iPads, iPhone 3 and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 5th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G/GS, original iPad, original iPod touch and iPod touch 2nd/3rd/4th gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.20
LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: Because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom App update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
REMOVAL OF FACEBOOK CHECK-IN: Facebook has decided to remove this feature. You can still search for Facebook Places inside the app, but you can’t check in to Facebook Places or navigate to your checked in Facebook friends.
BUG FIXES AND PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS
Use daily. Incredible app
Have used for years. Can update via wifi on this last update no problem. I stream music with another app then load this with directions. When the tomtom app speaks it mutes my song so I don't miss a turn. Then brings streaming music volume back. Maps are all saved on phone. No worries if I have no cell tower coverage. I pay for live traffic reports and that works well.
The only reason I don’t use this is that it does NOT support bluetooth Hands Free Profile (HFP), so in order to hear the prompts over your car audio over bluetooth you need to be on the bluetooth source to hear them. Garmin and Apple Maps both support HFP, so your radio doesn’t even need to be on for the prompts to play over the car audio. This is major limitation of TOMTOM which otherwise has a pretty good product. For now Garmin is my go to IOS navigation app.
Use it all the time. Much better than my car or any other iPhone GPS apps. It's so convenient to search for your destination, so many options. On my car I have to type out the whole address.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 06, 2015
- Version: 1.20
- Size: 1.60 GB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2015 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Months TomTom Traffic$14.99
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic$1.99
- Mr. Burns$5.99
- Marge Simpson$5.99
- Wallace & Gromit$5.99