Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Special value deal: get the TomTom app now for only $24.99 instead of $49.99.
TomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation that’s trusted by millions of drivers.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turn.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a mobile data connection or large mobile data plan. Updated for free with every major release.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million strong Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times - at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 4G-enabled iPads, iPhone 3 and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 5th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G/GS, original iPad, original iPod touch and iPod touch 2nd/3rd/4th gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.20
LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: Because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom App update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
REMOVAL OF FACEBOOK CHECK-IN: Facebook has decided to remove this feature. You can still search for Facebook Places inside the app, but you can’t check in to Facebook Places or navigate to your checked in Facebook friends.
BUG FIXES AND PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS
Love the winding roads feature!
I just used the "maximum winding roads" feature for a 2 day motorcycle trip and it was awesome. It would be nice to be able to fine tune it just a little bit further by adding other criteria to what you already have. Ie, avoid dirt roads, cities etc. it did route us down several dirt roads, which I happen to like, but I am sure some would not. It has also routed me straight thru cities which I would love to be able to avoid.
What happened to the map correction features? It routed me down 2 roads that were closed. I tried to mark them for future trips and others but could not find the correction features that used to be there. I hope this was not removed!
clunky slow and buggy.
this app holds great promise and then fails to deliver. Subscription to traffic services take days to activate. It's obvious the app isn't tested heavily prior to release. they probably say stuff like well we can't replicate a real environment well enough of these functions can't be tested until we release.
I constantly has issues where the sound doesn't play through my Bluetooth for the speaker on the phone.
The maps and traffic data as well as the routing engines are second to none. too bad the app borderlines on unusable and I can't unlock that value
Bugs for 1.20 version
- Tomtom navigates to nothing when opening the app through Apple maps. It used to work before now it does not. (Not Good)
- We are unable to transfer or renew our traffic service that we paid for. Both my wife's account and mine. (Bad)
- We opened a ticket online to help us and they responded that there is no fix at this time and they do not have an ETA. There is no follow up except the urgency of closing the the ticket even if the issue still exist. It does not sound like an American way of customer service to us. It looks like some third world tech support again trying to make their stats. Boo! (Really Bad)
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 06, 2015
- Version: 1.20
- Size: 1.60 GB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2015 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Months TomTom Traffic$14.99
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic$1.99
- Mr. Burns$5.99
- Marge Simpson$5.99
- Wallace & Gromit$5.99