Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Special value deal: get the TomTom app now for only $24.99 instead of $49.99.
TomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation that’s trusted by millions of drivers.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turn.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a mobile data connection or large mobile data plan. Updated for free with every major release.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million strong Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times - at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 4G-enabled iPads, iPhone 3 and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 5th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G/GS, original iPad, original iPod touch and iPod touch 2nd/3rd/4th gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.21.2
BUG FIXES AND PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS
Defaults setup is foolish
I read the negative reviews here, but purchased it because I am in outsides sales and occasionally the lack of quality LTE means either a onboard map app or a separate device. What stuns me is most of the issues are with the foolish default settings. It comes with auto update turned OFF. To get current maps you have to go to setting, advanced and turn on Map share, then back to setting maps, turn on map sharing, restart, go to setting share update, set it to auto, turn on Wi-Fi and then click check for corrections. Should that not be the default?? Why must I go click check for corrections if I set it to auto?? Then if you want the map to update at a reasonable rate, (not to mention being close to finding you) you need to go to setting, advanced and turn GPS enhanced on. Did you think we paid a premium for an IPhone with its Motion Processors & Augmented GPS because we don’t want to use them??? Also you have turn on data services for most of the features to work, also hidden under advanced. It actually works great, if you spend 30 minutes going through the set up menus to enable all the features. It is as though it pre-sets itself for an IPhone 3 with no cellular service. Other than the ugly cheap tom-tom looking maps, it works great. It would be a great app if came configured to use all the features people expect to get from their IPhone.....not preconfigured in the lowest performing setting possible.
Tomtom with Dual 160
Don't understand some of the complaints. This app and everything Tomtom does is top of the line. To even compare to or suggest that Apple Map or Google Maps are as good or better is ridiculous. Tomtom is a specialized Sat Nav company and the others are not.
I like the Live Traffic although it is not much use to me unless headed for the Twin Cities. So glad I do not live in NYC or anywhere near the East Coast. Im guessing that is where the complainers are from.
This app performs wonderfully in the nighttime pitch black wide open spaces of the upper Midwest and Western Mountain states when you absolutely cannot see your next turn coming up. On roads where an error could have you stuck in snow up to your windows or sinking in a lake or slough.
A good GPS app with room for improvement.
First let me state the positives of this app the real-time traffic updates are excellent the speed limit changes are very very accurate and the app does not seem to crash when I use it. Now for the negative The user interface looks like my first tom-tom that I got almost 10 years ago yes it could use some improvement. Hopefully they will improve this feature of the app but for now it does what it's supposed to do navigate me to my destination with real-time traffic and speed limits
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 16, 2015
- Version: 1.21.2
- Size: 1.65 GB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2016 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic$0.99
- Mr. Burns$5.99
- Marge Simpson$5.99
- Wallace & Gromit$5.99