Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TomTom Navigation for iPhone/iPad. World-class navigation that’s trusted by 70 million drivers.
Special value deal: get the TomTom app now for only $24.99 instead of $49.99 and a Traffic subscription for 20% less
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your iPhone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turn.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your iPhone or iPad – so you don't need a mobile data connection or large mobile data plan.
›› FREE Lifetime Maps. Download 4 or more full updates every year for the life of your app.
›› FREE Daily Map Changes. Benefit from shared daily map corrections from our 20 million strong Map Share community.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times - at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› Powerful search. Search for destinations with TomTom Places, Facebook™ and foursquare™.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless integration. Integrates easily with your iPhone/iPad contacts, photos, music, email, browser, calendar, iCloud and maps.
For all features and full descriptions please see www.tomtom.com/navigation/iphone
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
- The TomTom Navigation app requires a GPS signal. 3G-enabled iPads, iPhone 3GS, and later models have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-3G iPads and iPod touch 4th gen and later models will require an external GPS receiver. The original iPhone, iPhone 3G, original iPad, original iPod touch, and iPod touch 2nd/3rd gen are not supported.
(1) Check http://www.tomtom.com/navigation/iphone for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription to a different device, restore your purchases in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Photos can only be used for navigation if you have enabled Location Services in the Camera application.
What's New in Version 1.16
- LATEST, UPDATED TOMTOM MAP: because roads are constantly changing, on average 15% of roads change every year, your TomTom app update comes with the latest and most up-to-date map.
- NEW iOS7-STYLE DESIGN: the app has been refreshed so it fits better with the all-new design of iOS7. Clean, fresh icons, fonts and menus and a translucent status bar make the app feel every bit iOS7 as can be.
- INSTALLATION TIP: This app uses the standard update mechanism of iOS. If you are having problems updating your app, the following steps may be of help:
1. Make sure that iCloud backup is enabled on your device.
2. Open and close the TomTom app to make a backup.
3. Delete the app to free up space.
4. Remove other apps, videos, music and photos until you have at least 3.3GB free space.
5. Download the update from the App Store.
If possible, we recommend that you install updates via iTunes on your computer.
If these tips do not resolve your problem, please contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Best option in the store!!!
Just needs a little help! 😎
1) PLEASE make "Stop Navigation" clear the previous route! I could just cancel the route and then close the app, making the stop navigation button is useless.
2) I appreciate the quick settings button is now easier to activate with this update! I used to have to hit it a few times for it to work. I really wish there was an option to embed the player controls at the top. There is usually sky there and sometimes the controls disappear when skipping ahead, making me have to hit quick controls again. Less time pressing and more time driving is the key.
3) I am really excited about the map editor! I have used it in the past to correct speed limits and it seemed pretty difficult to use.
4) Please add more premium features. Co-pilot has a subscription based Fuel prices database which pays for itself finding has 10 cents pet gallon cheaper just 6 minutes further. I think it would be a win/win.
5) This one may be unicorns and flying ponys, but consider negotiating with Apple to have TomTom baked into iOS. It would be cool to make calendar plans and have the option to integrate Advance Planning or when you click on an address in email, TomTom opens with options for Navigation. Apple Maps is doing a better job of this, but until they have a better traffic-advisory system, it will never replace a full-featured navigation app.
Bad updates and even worse Customer Service
I have used TomTom on a Treo for several years on 3 continents, no problem. Then I bought it for an iPhone 4s. First it was a bit annoying that there was no allowance for prior purchases; OK, they are extraordinarily greedy but I went ahead since i knew the app worked well.
So much for that idea. Traffic is a total disaster. DO NOT BUY IT. I constantly get a message that the location services are off even though they are on and traffic monitors and necessary route alternatives do not work. This problem occurs in the US, Australia, New Zealand, and European versions. Of course I contacted CS. Their answer? "Make sure location services are turned on in Settings. " thanks, TomTom for a canned response that totally ignores what I wrote in my request for assistance and which assumes I am a mental midget. The app also has a pause music option that is useless. It does not work with any audio recording app I have tried. Lastly, they have a car kit to boost sound and charge the phone. Worked fine......for 11 months. TomTom's response? They took a week to reply, told
Me to ship it, and then said it had arrived after the
Warranty expired so no compensation. Like I said, they are rather greedy and clearly care little about customers in hand. The app is NOT actually iPhone
friendly - on any continent.
? What's with the negative reviews ?
This app is great. I love it. Re-routs FAST, accurate maps, it's JUST like the stand alone GPS system that they sell. For the price, you cannot beat how much map data they give you. Works great with cellular off... Tip, some people have complained that they can't cancel the route and it keeps jabbering. Well, here's what you do. Click the bottom right of the screen. (There's a little road sign thingy along with the time it's going to take to get where you or going-- or not, if you are already there, but the little symbol will still be there.) That will take you to a new screen where you click options. When your options come up, click the trash can, CANCEL ROUTE. Done. Now you can drive around and have no route planned but see the map, speed limits, side roads, and speed cameras. Yes, it alerts you to speed and red light cameras, which is really nice where I live. I really, really like this app and I think it's the best value in the store.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 18, 2013
- Version: 1.16
- Size: 1.46 GB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: TomTom
- ©2008 - 2013 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 12 Months TomTom Traffic$14.99
- 1 Month TomTom Traffic$1.99
- Mr. Burns$5.99
- Marge Simpson$5.99
- Wallace & Gromit$5.99