By Josh Pressnell
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
My Library keeps all the information about your personal media collection at your fingertips. Separate tabs are available to display your books, movies, and compact discs, all ordered conveniently by title. You can search for items in your library, and enter a "loan status" to remember who you loaned the item to or borrowed it from. A new item can be entered automatically (enter ISBN, EAN, or UPC and remaining data is loaded from the internet) or manually. If you load the data from the internet, the item's cover image is loaded as well.
- Supports large databases. Tested with a database of over 8,000 records!
- Scan barcodes directly into the app using the built-in and ready-to-use Zbar or Red Laser scanners! Can also use Pic2Shop as a separate app! (Configurable, Live scanning in iOS4+ only, still image capture on pre-iOS 4 devices)
- Barcode scanning for iPad! Requires Cue Cat USB scanner and the iPad USB Camera Kit. Search 'iPad Cue Cat' for details!
- Backup/Restore and view/sort your entire collection from your desktop with the integrated web server.
- Read free eBooks with MegaReader and QuickReader.
- Save information on your entire media collection in one convenient library
- See your book, movie, and CD covers on your iPod/iPhone
- Track loans
- Rate your collection
- Find places to buy books and the price at each vendor
- Search the database by multiple space-separated keywords
- Tilt your iPod to landscape view and view your covers in "shelf view" mode.
- Backup and restore your library to our online backup server
- View your backed up library at ipod.pressnells.net
- Email your database backup files to a destination of your choice.
- Import data via CSV file or saved backup.
- Load data by entering ISBN/EAN/UPC or by doing a title/author/artist search.
**** I am an avid book, movie, and music collector, as well as a professional computer engineer with a day job. I develop and support my apps because I love the iPhone and iPad platform and I want my apps to be all that they can be. Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability increase your rating or motivate you to give me a positive review? Please email me. I'm always open to suggestions! ****
What's New in Version 2.14.2
* Fixed crash when loading some movie titles
* Fixed issue where certain buttons would not function on iPad
* Fixed issue where iOS scanner presented badly on iPad
* Added "guidance square" to iOS scanner to help guide framing of barcode for scanning.
I loved this app initially, but through the course of IOS updates this app ( or mine at least ) has changed the complexion of this product. One example is that when a search is performed for some reason or another it does not identify any books that are being searched. I tried a couple of common titles with authors that should be easily found, but to no avail. While loading a book a pop-up window continually states that I have other books attempting to load, when in fact there's nothing being processed at that moment. It's just all gone wrong and it's a pity because I enjoyed this app very much in the past. I have delved into possible solution on the vendors website but unfortunately I have yet to find a solution. So now I'm currently looking for another app to fill my needs and if anyone has suggestions on others I would deeply appreciate it. Thanks.
Good app for cataloging books, CDs, etc.
I've started to use this app to catalogue my books and music. Scanning Barcodes or entering data by hand is easy and works well. I've only done 25 books so far on an iPhone 4s but so far so good. It's easy to back up your entire file to Dropbox, or mail it to yourself, and also export it in csv format to open in Excel. You can set up collections within the database. Not everything was intuitive and at first I ran into some questions about how to use the app. But I got very quick and detailed email help from the developer.
App is unusable now.
I upgraded to the iPhone 6 and thus had to update my app. It's now basically useless, with only my TV season by series still working properly.
My books and movie lists just show no titles or images unless I click on each individual entry, which makes it impossible to quickly check if I already own a book or movie.
I really hope the maker fixes this, as I loved this app and don't want to have to find a replacement.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 14, 2015
- Version: 2.14.2
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Josh Pressnell
- © 2014 Verietas Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.