By Rainfrog, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation.
• Over 200 beautifully illustrated pose images showing correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Play music from your music library in place of the default music. You can even play music through iTunes Radio or other apps while Pocket Yoga is running.
• Play the practices on your Apple TV through AirPlay.
• HealthKit and Health app support! Track your heart rate and calories burned.
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps"
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
Pocket Yoga works great on your Apple Watch. When you are playing a practice on your iPhone you can get extra information directly on your wrist. See the current pose, time remaining, heart rate, calories burned, and much more. You can even control your practice directly from your Apple Watch.
The “Pose of the Day” Today Extension helps you learn the names of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can see the name of the daily pose in English, Sanskrit and even in Devanagari script. Also tap on the pose image to launch Pocket Yoga and go directly to that pose.
What's New in Version 5.2.0
• New Chinese (Simplified) localization
• Added Closed Captioning (CC) for a more accessible app
• Improved hardware keyboard support while in playback mode
• Technical fixes
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
It's great little app..
Like it it's great, it's simple especially the 6-7 min sun salutations. The first one is beginners but perhaps a little more difficult because it goes really fast at some point. That's my only complaint. Didn't bother to look at the difficult one since I'm only a beginner (did Hatha for maybe 2yrs and I'm ok with that) and I wouldn't want to get hurt. But otherwise it's great and it gets me moving, that what I wanted a simple little yoga app. Don't like the apps that have real picture, I prefer the illustrations like this app. The poses are what they are suppose to look like. She speaks to you as if you had a personal yoga teacher and I like that as well, her voice is soothing. I would recommend and rest 😉....
Great app, wish there were more classes
I love this app and have been using it daily ever since i downloaded it. I particularly love the apple watch feature for it. I am a beginner and therefore can only do the poses in the beginner category. I wish there were more poses for the beginner category and/or more classes than just ocean, mountain and dessert, which all feel similar due to the similar poses used in each of them. I'd also like a 15 minute class option for those days or moments you just want to sneak in a short session to rejuvenate you between meetings or the kids' naps.
I'm volunteering abroad and I used to go to a studio every day. This is not an option for me anymore for the next 2 years. This app is a perfect solution! I'm an intermediate yogi and am also using the practice builder app. I would also pay more to purchase prebuilt practices that others have made, like someone else had mentioned. Some kind of social networking integration in the practice app would be ideal so I can share my sequences with others and try out others' sequences as well. Such a good app, it really is a godsend.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 08, 2016
- Version: 5.2.0
- Size: 94.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Rainfrog, LLC
- © 2009-2016 Rainfrog, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3 Karma Points$0.99
- 25 Karma Points$4.99
- 100 Karma Points$9.99
- 225 Karma Points$19.99