By Rainfrog, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation.
• Over 200 beautifully illustrated pose images showing correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Play music from your music library in place of the default music. You can even play music through iTunes Radio or other apps while Pocket Yoga is running.
• Play the practices on your Apple TV through AirPlay.
• HealthKit and Health app support! Track your heart rate and calories burned.
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps"
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
Pocket Yoga looks great on your Apple Watch. When you are playing a practice on your iPhone you can get extra information directly on your wrist. See the current pose, pose name, time remaining, calories burned, and much more. You can even control your practice from your Apple Watch.
The “Pose of the Day” Today Extension helps you learn the names of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can see the name of the daily pose in English, Sanskrit and even in Devanagari script. Also tap on the pose image to launch Pocket Yoga and go directly to that pose.
What's New in Version 4.3.3
What's New in Version 4.3.3
• Technical fixes.
What's New in Version 4.3.0
Pocket Yoga is now available for Apple Watch! Simply look at you Apple Watch and follow your practice directly from your wrist. See the current pose, pose name, time remaining, calories burned, and much more. You can even control your practice from your Apple Watch.
• New feature to zoom in and out while in practice mode (iPad only)
• New feature to see Sanskrit pose names in Devanagari script
• Improved image fidelity on iPhone 6 Plus
• Technical fixes
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Beginner Friendly, Variety Needed
I love this app. It's very helpful for beginner in yoga. This app explains every movement and tells you what you are about to do. Also the narrator walks you through every movement without being distracting. Which I love.
The only thing that I dislike is that there aren't enough practices. I would like some more variety in the sessions. The practices are all pretty similar other than the focus shifting to a different particular pose.
Other than for allowing more variety within each session type I love this app. I have incorporated it into my morning routine.
Best yoga app
Things I like about it: 1) don't have to be connected to internet to use it. You can take it anywhere. 2) wide variety of options for difficulty and length of workout, focus of workout. 3) can use their music or your own. 4) voice over reminds you of correct positioning
My only suggestion would be, esp for beginners, the flow isn't always clear. (Eg, how do I get from this position to that?)
This app is simple to use and very complete. I've done countless of yoga sessions with it but there's enough variety that you don't get bored. I've used while on vacation since it doesn't need to be connected to the internet to work.
It also doesn't have any ads or gimmicks or requires you to register. Just yoga and nothing else. It's great!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 07, 2015
- Version: 4.3.3
- Size: 91.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Rainfrog, LLC
- © 2009-2015 Rainfrog, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 25 Karma Points$4.99
- 3 Karma Points$0.99
- 100 Karma Points$9.99
- 225 Karma Points$19.99