By Rainfrog, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Pocket Yoga you can keep up with your practice at your own pace in the comforts of your own home. Simply roll out your mat, place your device in front, and Pocket Yoga will guide you through your entire session.
Choose between 27 different sessions of varying duration and difficulty. Learn the poses with the pose dictionary containing detailed explanations of the correct posture, alignment, and benefits.
• Detailed voice and visual instruction guides you through every pose, including each inhalation and exhalation.
• Over 200 beautifully illustrated pose images showing correct posture and alignment.
• Dictionary of poses containing the descriptions and benefits of each pose.
• Unlock new environments as you progress in your yoga journey.
• Quickly preview a practice to see if it is right for you before you start.
• Maintains an ongoing log of all your yoga practices to track your progress.
• Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors.
• Play music from your music library in place of the default music. You can even play music through iTunes Radio or other apps while Pocket Yoga is running.
• Play the practices on your TV with AirPlay or TV out support.
• HealthKit and Health app support! Track your heart rate and calories burned.
‣ Listed among the “15 Best Beauty Apps” - InStyle
‣ "The best app for practicing yoga" - Mac|Life
‣ Selected by CNN as one of the "10 great mobile health apps" of 2012
‣ Featured by Apple in "Get in Shape", "Let's Get Moving", "10 Essentials" and "New and Noteworthy"
What's New in Version 4.2.0
• New Today Extension lets you learn a new pose every day
• Improved HealthKit support
• Improved Accessibility when using VoiceOver
• Better iPhone 6 Plus support
MORE ON THE TODAY EXTENSION
Our new Today Extension, “Pose of the Day”, helps you remember the name of the poses by showing you a different pose each day. You can learn the pose name in both English and Sanskrit as well as launch the pose directly in Pocket Yoga by tapping on the pose.
To enable the “Pose of the Day” Today Extension, open Notification Center by pulling down from the top of the screen, tap the Edit button at the bottom of the Today view, and then tap on the plus sign next to “Pose of the Day”.
MORE ON HEALTHKIT
Pocket Yoga will now save workout information to your Health data. Other fitness/health apps may read this information to track calories burned while doing a yoga practice.
If you’re enjoying Pocket Yoga, please leave us a review or rating in the App Store. It really helps us. Namaste!
Great complement to yoga practice
This is a perfect app to help sustain yoga practice when on travel or in a less than ideal yoga space. Used the app almost every day on vacation to greet the sun. Love the various options to help you open up energy. I do wish that there was another level of practice between intermediate and expert in this app. The difference feels between those two is drastic and so -- depending on situation -- I have to make a tough choice between levels of intensity. I also don't like the 60 minute "classes" as much. They are repetitive and don't have as much variety in poses to stretch. Look forward to trying some of the new environments available after some time of practice.
Great for me!
I teach and practice typically in an anusara style of yoga. I would describe this as a set of power/vinyasa set classes. So this app is very different from the yoga I am used to. I really like it! Just remember, your best practice is often in the studio.
If I was new to yoga, level 1 or 2 this app would be frustrating. If you don't do pose transitions, or prefer a lot of explanation to get into poses this app is NOT for you!
If you've been practicing for years and want an external motivator for your home-practice, this is it!
POCKET Yoga? More Like PERFECT Yoga!
This app is well worth the price. The soothing instructional voice couldn't describe the poses any better. You can tweak the settings to your liking very easily. The visual part of the poses really help one out when confused. The breathing instruction could slow down a little but it's as accurate as it can be. Best of all, it is a portable teacher! Overall a great exercise and app for your phone :)
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 04, 2015
- Version: 4.2.0
- Size: 99.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rainfrog, LLC
- © 2009-2015 Rainfrog, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 3 Karma Points$0.99
- 100 Karma Points$9.99
- 25 Karma Points$4.99
- 225 Karma Points$19.99